Halflife2.net Mobile/tablet OS census 2011

Select your OS

• Total voters

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
Just pick the os that you use on your device in general. If you have both, say a tablet and a phone, then just select your preferred os.

Symbian S60(no touchscreen), it serves me well for what I use my phone for: Calling, reading my email and alarms(setting alarm in 3 seconds FTW), and occassionally shooting a photo/video.

Android on my Motorola Backflip. If the Xoom drops in price I might get one of those at the end of the year, if not, then maybe an iPad.

Rooted HTC Desire here.

I Will get Motorola Xoom or Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 when the price gets close to 500€.

Stock android. Don't see any reason to root it.

Android 2.2 on HTC Desire. Was going to root a while back but HTC update their devices in reasonable time so there is no point.

Anyone using tapatalk on Android for these forums now? (Yorick installed it this week). Apparently the most recent update was terrible, anyone else found the same?

The only reason I went with iOS jailbroken is because of the fact that it's the most mature platform and will always be. I love Android to death, but I fear it's never going to get the polish and love that iOS and iOS devices have received and will always receive.

Android 2.2 on HTC Desire. Was going to root a while back but HTC update their devices in reasonable time so there is no point.

Anyone using tapatalk on Android for these forums now? (Yorick installed it this week). Apparently the most recent update was terrible, anyone else found the same?

I got a pop up saying the site was android native, but I ignored it. Not sure exactly what it does differently, so I just went with the normal web version.

tapatalk is great. Use it to view this site. Btw, is tapatalk free on the droid..cos we gotta be 2.99 :(

I'm using Windows XP. The unit came with Vista, but that wasn't compatible with our work-related software. This is my entire office computer (phone, fax, monitor, speakers, etc.) and usually sits in its docking station. I'll take it out as a laptop for meetings, working from home, business trips in motels, etc., and I'll take it out as a slate for field work or presentations:
http://www.motioncomputing.com/products/tablet_pc_le17.asp.
Are we talking about the same things? I switched to this sort of hardware about six years ago, and both units have used XP. I voted "other".

The only reason I went with iOS jailbroken is because of the fact that it's the most mature platform and will always be. I love Android to death, but I fear it's never going to get the polish and love that iOS and iOS devices have received and will always receive.

Have I taught you nothing. Son, I am disappoint.

HTC ThunderBolt. Stock right now, will be rooting to get rid of this bloatware sometime soon.

Came from a highly customized rooted OG Droid

Using a Nokia C7 currently.

I'm hoping to upgrade to a WP7 on the cheap late this year :p (work at Nokia.)
I may buy a Android 2.4 device (when it's out) for a family member, just to experiment with it. If Google can push some Honeycomb features onto phones I'd want to see that.

lol..no blackberry users? figures,hl2.net too smart for that shit..

Have I taught you nothing. Son, I am disappoint.

HTC ThunderBolt. Stock right now, will be rooting to get rid of this bloatware sometime soon.

Came from a highly customized rooted OG Droid
Hey, when Android starts to go the way of Honeycomb, I will gladly start rooting for Android. I'm om my sister's Motorola Xoom right now and I love this OS. It just feels so complete and so awesome. This is the way Android should be and have been, but obviously they have to start somewhere and I'm just glad its going this route.

I change my vote to Honeycomb since it doesn't feel anything like FroYo or Gingerbread.

I use a Blackberry, but I wouldn't consider that a tablet. Work decided to go migrate to iPhones because the local data plan is cheaper, but I asked to keep the Blackberry (an 8310 Pearl) and cancel the data plan.

Back