Halflife2.net Versus Tournament - TEAMS NAMES and TEAM PLAYERS

I'm up for it if anyone wants an extra player.

Time you have owned L4D: Since December
Completed all campaigns advanced: Yes
Completed all campaigns expert: No, apart from DT & DA. Despite this, I've got no problems with Expert.
Rounds of versus played: 50+
Favourite infected class: Boomer - key to success
Favourite 1st tier weapon: Uzi
Favourite 2nd tier weapon: M4 (people argue auto-shotty is best for mowing down hordes. Maybe so. But I use the M4 to fire at zombie-head height, saving ammo + more efficient. Also good for shooting enemies off pinned teammates)
Microphone: Yes

I've got good experience with this game and know what and not to do. Run around that corner to finish off that smoker? Don't think so. I'll happily cooperate with other teammates.

Sorry, didn't actually see this before.

Time you have owned L4D: November '08
Completed all campaigns advanced: Yes
Completed all campaigns expert: Yeah but don't have achievement for no damage.
Rounds of versus played*: Oh I don't know.. 15?
Favourite infected class: Smoker
Favourite 1st tier weapon: M4
Favourite 2nd tier weapon: Auto Shotty.
Microphone: Yep.

so are we doing 8 teams?

so we need 8 more people to fill the spots

someone needs to be a captain if they arent already on a team

People that are still available according to the lists.

Pesmerga
Reginald
Reflex
RJMC
nipples
Rico
AmishSlayer
g0d
Xevrex
Kamikazie

Due to lack of talking with Tav *;(* I'm going to say Kamikazie is the last player on my slot.

Well, not officially, as he's Snoozing right now, but he said he was interested so I'll assume he still is. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

*EDIT* OK, well...Tav has said that he WILL be on my team. I didn't SS the conversation but he did say he will be on my team. He's playing the AFK game as of right now, though.

No one wants to pick me... I feel like the kid that gets picked last during kick ball. Maybe because I was :(

make a initiative to get someone to let you on their team, talk to rizzo

I'm kicking Thrall off my team. I have tried to get in contact with the guy multiple times and he hasn't even responded.

Due to lack of talking with Tav *;(* I'm going to say Kamikazie is the last player on my slot.

Well, not officially, as he's Snoozing right now, but he said he was interested so I'll assume he still is. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

*EDIT* OK, well...Tav has said that he WILL be on my team. I didn't SS the conversation but he did say he will be on my team. He's playing the AFK game as of right now, though.

Oh ffs, he just happens to finally be online when I'm away.

I'm kicking Thrall off my team. I have tried to get in contact with the guy multiple times and he hasn't even responded.

Hey, I haven't heard from you until this... And I just now noticed PMs... friggin chrome doesn't show the notifications.

Xevrex is on my team. I'm concerned... I don't recall ever having a proper game with him.

Xevrex is on my team. I'm concerned... I don't recall ever having a proper game with him.

You accept me onto your team without hesitation, yet you doubt my ability?
You are a very confusing man, Sheepo.

Tbh, you didn't even ask. I confuse even myself.

Updated:

Taviow transfers from The Crimebusters to Team Harmless Gerbil

Xevrex joins The Crimebusters

Other news:
1. Captains get together your last few players, time is running out.
2. The last team without a captain, will most likely be made up of some of the remaining players posts by The Brick on the previous page. Does anyone want to volunteer for the job, it seems very likely you will gain 3 others players quite easily!
3. The tournament will begin NEXT WEEKEND. Matches will be drawn on Thursday and played over the course of Friday night till Monday morning, depending on the availability of the teams and their players.

Also, Left 4 Dead Tournaments.com have contacted me and are going to keep track of our tournament and progress as well as create a poster for the tournament (like the ones for the 4 campaigns, exciting stuff!) Michael the owner of www.l4dt.com is the one keeping an eye on us. So guys...you better perform your best on the day ;)

Oh shit, I'm awfully sorry. I can't compete. Please take my name off the list. I'll be in ireland starting on friday for all of spring break.

Glenn, can we wait for the Spring DLC or at least the patch that comes out before the DLC?

Yeah, so spring lasts until June [starts]...

We can put it back, and the new versus maps will make things even more fun (and survival mode), but it's up to the other teams too. Need a larger consensus really...

Well I think those of us who are at University or School will probably have exams in May, so would be best to do it either well before then or after that in my opinion.

Well I think those of us who are at University or School will probably have exams in May, so would be best to do it either well before then or after that in my opinion.

Bam. We people also have work :(

I work weekend nights... And daytime weeks. Also time difference will be somewhat of a bitch I think.
Today whould have been perfect for a match of L4D. If only someone whould answer my damn messages.

I say we do it now. Why can't we have another match later?

Also, my team is funny.

Pitz - USA
Digi - Kuwait
Eejit - UK
Tav - Brazil

This is going to be one hell of a time to find us all online together :p

I say we do it now. Why can't we have another match later?

Also, my team is funny.

Pitz - USA
Digi - Kuwait
Eejit - UK
Tav - Brazil

This is going to be one hell of a time to find us all online together :p

Change name to Team Laggery!

Yeah I was wondering about that too. Anyways I thought it was to come out before April 21st. I'm just saying because it could solve the stacking, smoker problems, pings, etc.

I wouldn't count on the patch being released anytime soon. Valve is a great company, I love all of their games, but I know how they work. I'd say just have the tourney now and then have another one after the patch comes out.

it doesn't pick a server based on location, it only picks one if its opened.

What I've found to happen mostly, is whoever the leader looking for the ded server is the one that gets looked at for ping, The rest can slag off.

What I've found to happen mostly, is whoever the leader looking for the ded server is the one that gets looked at for ping, The rest can slag off.

I also thought that what happened. When ever i play with someone from the US, if he is the lobby leader then we'll get put on a US server regardless if the rest of us are in the UK. But if i'm the lobby leader then we get put on a EU server. The matchmarking system is flawed as it should look for a middle server so everyone is happy not just the lobby leader. I'm getting fed up of being put on Japanese servers.

Is that confirmed with Sheepo, need to hear from the captains.

Rizzo - you got some people for me to add now?

Your choice if individuals are:

Signed up (get priority)

Reflex
RJMC
Pesmerga
nipples
Rico
AmishSlayer
g0d
Kamikazie

Added their name in this thread
Musk
Born

Obviously Rizzo can only take 3 people on to his team with him, but remember we need another FULL TEAM with 4 players, so if you want to be involved and you are in that list...sign up as a captain for a guaranteed place in the tournament, then you can pick your team. Loads of experience in there too. Kami, Rico, Pesh, Amish, RJ I know all very experienced and long time FPS players!

Back