Halflife2.net Versus Tournament - TEAMS NAMES and TEAM PLAYERS

All those guys signed up and registered a while back (when we were doing the initial player list) so they have been involved for a good while now. Perhaps you may see them as outsiders, if so you're gonna have to uphold the honour of HL2.net!

But beware Kin, these guys will try wind you up a ton, so expect much worse than that before blowing a gasket ;)

I'm not sure if you still need players... but I'd love to play on a team... here are my stats:

Time you have owned L4D: Since release
Completed all campaigns advanced: Yes
Completed all campaigns expert: No, too busy playing VS
Rounds of versus played*: 100+ (lost count, really), including 20+ scrims with a CAL team
Favourite infected class: Hunter, but really any of them as long as my team is playing together
Favourite 1st tier weapon: Depends on the level, if there's a tank, etc
Favourite 2nd tier weapon: Auto-shottie or m4, depending on proximity of the tank
Microphone: Yes

I've got GordonFreeman911 on my team, he just hasn't posted here yet.

Indeed, taviow is going to need to come to this thread and tell us who he's playing for. The fact Pitz hasn't even bothered with a team name yet seems to reflect how well his player gathering it going!

The Crimebusters add GordonFreeman911.

Indeed, taviow is going to need to come to this thread and tell us who he's playing for. The fact Pitz hasn't even bothered with a team name yet seems to reflect how well his player gathering it going!

The Crimebusters add GordonFreeman911.

Reading comprehension, Glenny-poo. ;)
Wait, wtf? TAKEN? I reserved his ass way early in the other thread, then I even had him agree to it....
Someones dead.

Also, Team Harmless Gerbil.

If Tav is on my team, that makes Tav, Digi and....someone else. Xev has shown some interest, as has Kami. I gotta talk to em.

OH I GET EEJIT! THAT'S RIGHT!

Sorry, I have a shitty memory :p

Time you have owned L4D: Since release
Completed all campaigns expert: All but one
Rounds of versus played*: 59.8
Favourite infected class: Boomer
Favourite 1st tier weapon: Shotty
Favourite 2nd tier weapon: M4 or Shotty

Wooo

Post updated, lots of updates there. Nearly got the 6 full teams. Still need that extra captain if someone feels up to the job!?

Also Digi has made a nice headline image for the tournament, I've added it to the first post and will probably slap it in places often for coolness.

hl2nettorunament.jpg

Are there going to be any special rules? Such as disallowing cheapo-spot stacking in the finale/crescendo events? (There's a few such spots in Blood Harvest still, and some at crescendo events in No Mercy).

I say no corner camping and shit like that. Makes for a completely unfun game..

Well you have to be a good Tank to break-up the corner camping. :) Giant and Pimpinpenguin will be on my team. Good work on that banner Digi btw.

Time you have owned L4D: Day 1 of Beta
Completed all campaigns advanced: Yes!
Completed all campaigns expert: No! More laziness rather than lack of skill. *flutters eyelashes*
Rounds of versus played: OVER 9000!!!!!! But seriously, most people will know I play about 4 or 5 times a week.
Favourite infected class: There was this one time where I got kicked from a server becuz I died as a smoker and then got shot to shit as a tank. But that was a bad day. I'm normally pretty good with the Smoker. That's probably my favourite. Most satisfying anyway. Hunter is always fun. As is a good Boomer. And Tank is awesome. I like them all really. But probably Smoker is favourite.
Favourite 1st tier weapon: Shotgun. Uzi is piss poor.
Favourite 2nd tier weapon: Machine gun thing. Dunno the name. Pretty accurate with it.
Microphone: Not at the moment.

You all love playing with me regardless of whether you think I'm any good or not. So pick me! :E

Well you have to be a good Tank to break-up the corner camping. :) Giant and Pimpinpenguin will be on my team. Good work on that banner Digi btw.

who corner camps when a tank is out?

Fine. Reginald is mine.

FYI captains - You can't just pick players to be on your team, you need to ask / request / invite players to join your squad. Win over their hearts with flowers and chocolates.

Where are my flowers and chocolates and hearts? I'm hungry for all three.

I don't think there should be any restrictions on tactics, other than any known exploits. If any restrictions are imposed, it's more likely to devolve into bickering about what constitutes violations of what rule and so on.

Corner camping is annoying to deal with, yes, but it is a valid tactic. What do you expect people to do, sit out in the open and let themselves get attacked?

A sufficiently skilled team can deal serious damage on a corner camp. You aren't likely to get any kills, but you can still force them the spend their health supplies after, which is what the score is based on.

As far as camping for a tank, the same applies - obviously don't charge in there and sit yourself down in front of 4 auto-shotties - wait for the rest of your team to split them up or at least get them distracted. If that's not an option, then you can at least park the tank later on in the map so you get the AI tank and 4 human-played special infected, which is also a very serious threat.

tl;dr - If you bitch about corner camping, learn2play.

Another option would be to use the CAL server plugin, which is handy for tournaments.

It doesn't metter how good the team is, unless the one corner camping is completely incompetent, they can sit through the entire finale or crescendo (without tanks) and take 0 damage.

It doesn't metter how good the team is, unless the one corner camping is completely incompetent, they can sit through the entire finale or crescendo (without tanks) and take 0 damage.

Well I'm sorry you've been playing on shitty teams this whole time ;)

Well I'm sorry you've been playing on shitty teams this whole time ;)

Per se, what are your ideas to separate them if they are all in a corner..?

You have 2 or 3 people constantly meleeing, so that negates anything a boomer can do, as the extra zombies still don't land a hit.

Smoker goes to pull, but the one guy won't get out far enough before melee stopped.

Hunter probably won't even get a leap on, and if he does, no dmg will be done before meleed off *MAYBE one hit*

Tank...well, that's a given on how to separate them *SMACK SMACK*

Care to divulge your tactics that makes us have to l2p?

I'm afraid that you're the one who has been playing against shitty teams this whole time. If the team corner camping is competent, it is physically impossible to damage them.

Edit: To Dream

I'm afraid that you're the one who has been playing against shitty teams this whole time. If the team corner camping is competent, it is physically impossible damage them.

Edit: To Dream

Lol, I was going to say...

I thought I signed as captain.
I'll take on whoever is willing to join.

If not, I'd like to join someone elses team.
Everyone here knows im awesome, right guys?

If people are in the corner send a boomer in close so that they can't see, then have a hunter pounce them. Hunters just need to hit them at a 90 degree angle. I usually just wait until they are done corner camping anyway.

I thought I signed as captain.
I'll take on whoever is willing to join.

If not, I'd like to join someone elses team.
Everyone here knows im awesome, right guys?
You are a captain Rizzo, check the first thread. Captains are required to pick a team name and pick players. This information is all in the first post.

So yes, essentially I'm waiting for you to tell me those things.

If people are in the corner send a boomer in close so that they can't see, then have a hunter pounce them. Hunters just need to hit them at a 90 degree angle. I usually just wait until they are done corner camping anyway.

Yeah, unless the campers have half a brain and aren't stupid enough to stop meleeing because they're covered with slime.

Time you have owned L4D: Since the early release PC Beta
Completed all campaigns advanced: Yes, but I didn't get the achievement
Completed all campaigns expert:Yes, but I don't have the achievement.
Rounds of versus played*: No idea, probably over 50.
Favourite 1st tier weapon: Shotty
Favourite 2nd tier weapon: Machine Gun
Microphone: Yes.
(Posted for formality, already in Crimebusters)

Time you have owned L4D: Release Date
Completed all campaigns expert: Yes
Rounds of versus played*: 50+
Favourite 1st tier weapon: Shotgun
Favourite 2nd tier weapon: Auto Shotgun

:sniper:

Ok then, I guess I'll pick the first 4 that PM me... Team name will be decided later. For now you can put it up as Team Rawr.

Edit: Players on my friends list like Reggi, and others are prefered. But not necissary.
Mic is a big plus.

OK let me know when you've got your 3 guys Rizzo, and I'll add them up.

The Crimebusters & Harmless Gerbil need 1 extra player each - Pitz and Sheepo keep looking!

With regard to gameplay etiquette, we can't enforce too many rules and regulations. We will ask that people play without taking advantage of exploits and glitches. Camping in certain regions is acceptable but doing the corner thing on NM by the lift (behind the stretcher) or on the right hand side building of NM finale is a little boring. Although it is effective, and teams are more than welcome to camp by the minigun, camping all stacked on top of each other isn't going to win you any friends.

Remember all games will be recorded via demo by captains (open console type "record demo1" or whatever you want to call it). In cases of complaints we will review the demos and in cases of abuse of this sportsmanship, decisions will be made. I don't suspect this will happen though. Also note, getting vomited on a running to a room or cupboard for cover is fine. I'm talking about crescendo events only.

Back