Halloween Headcrab!

Quibble

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Allow me to introduce you to the most important part of my halloween costume... Crustina the headcrab! I know I'm not the first person to make a headcrab but I thought some of you might like to see our efforts!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but my Dad and I consider Crustina a beautiful creation :)

She's not quite finished yet though!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the following "Art"... :E

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's very impressive. Well done! One of the better fanmade headcrabs I've seen, and +10 points for it being wearable.

What is that layer you put on over the paper-mache before you paint it?

That's very impressive. Well done! One of the better fanmade headcrabs I've seen, and +10 points for it being wearable.

What is that layer you put on over the paper-mache before you paint it?

Why thank you :) It has been a really fun project to work on and something I have wanted to do for years.

The first layer we painted consisted of white acrylic paint to ensure the newspaper text was completely obscured. We initially had problems with a bottle of orange acrylic paint that we used for testing purposes. No matter how much paint we applied, the text was still quite visible. So we bought some white acrylic paint of higher quality and that did the job nicely :)

The second later was a brown coat with a hint of orange for the all-over colour. This was later darkened / shaded in various places using a touch of dark brown and water to thin and lighten the colour where necessary. Lots and lots of paintbrush dabbing and smudging with fingers... messy!!! :D

Wow, that looks great! I think you did a fantastic job painting it, really brings it to life.

yeah but will Crustina couple my you know what??:naughty:

Haha, I'm not sharing her with anyone ;)

She is finally finished. Behold:

attachment.php

Thank you for all the possitive feedback! A lot of time and effort was spent creating her :)

Haha, I'm not sharing her with anyone ;)

She is finally finished. Behold:

attachment.php

Thank you for all the possitive feedback! A lot of time and effort was spent creating her :)

Ah yes, the blood! I knew something was missing!

Back