Halo 2 has the Best multiplayer component EVAR!!

GhostBoi said:
Quoted for emphasis, pretty much exactly what I am saying there are changes, yes, I am not denying that. Its just that they are so minor that this could have been done in an expansion. :dozey:
An expansion adds just a few changes, not a whole single player campaign and a HUGE online game.

An expansion adds just a few changes, not a whole single player campaign and a HUGE online game.

You're thinking about Sims expansions, because most expansions do in fact have their own SP Campaigns(Blue Shift, Opposing Force). The Online is an okay addition I'll give you that but the only reason the original didn't have it is because Xbox Live didn't exist then.

GhostBoi said:
You're thinking about Sims expansions, because most expansions do in fact have their own SP Campaigns(Blue Shift, Opposing Force). The Online is an okay addition I'll give you that but the only reason the original didn't have it is because Xbox Live didn't exist then.
Also a new engine and improved AI, that is what mostly makes it a new game. I haven't beaten the single player campaign yet but it is amazing, elites and ODSTs!!!!

Okay, did you not feel like you were playing Halo most of the time, because that is my main point stated in the post that you had to dispute. If you do not feel like this is a lot like Halo then, in your own words, "Are you retarded?"

wow those are bold statements buddy
i jkust picked up thwe game but unfortunately i dont have LIVE yet
will be getting asap tho
wicked game :)

GhostBoi said:
Okay, did you not feel like you were playing Halo most of the time, because that is my main point stated in the post that you had to dispute. If you do not feel like this is a lot like Halo then, in your own words, "Are you retarded?"
It feels like Halo, in a good way. But then there are a lot of changes, the level design it a ton different...I don't want to spoil anything for you either but besides that one thing the AI can drive you around(with much efficiency too) and cover you and all sorts of cool stuff. Also the new enemies change things a lot, and the new tactics by the enemies.

It feels like Halo

Okay I'm happy, weve already stolen this thread enough so I am not going to dispute the fact that the level design is still so hallway, opening, hallway, opening, hallway, opening.

Foxtrot said:
It feels like Halo, in a good way. But then there are a lot of changes, the level design it a ton different...I don't want to spoil anything for you either but besides that one thing the AI can drive you around(with much efficiency too) and cover you and all sorts of cool stuff. Also the new enemies change things a lot, and the new tactics by the enemies.
it does feel like Halo but there are noticable differences
most of which are good btw.... including the AI improvements
:cheers:

I think it sorta feels like Halo, but then again it plays quite differently due to the new additions/changes - especially MP.

I am still having fun with mp. I just got off XBL - unfortunately this time I was in a bunch of games where my teammates didn't do shit to help out with the objective...they just went for their own kills and I was stuck trying to capture the flag myself or plant the bomb myself. The games that I had good teammates were a blast though.

I can only see myself getting tired of it if my roomate starts BT d/ls while we play often or if I somehow always get stuck on teams with complete retards. I can't wait to play with close friends online (they suck at getting games when they're released).

To all the people that just come in this thread to insult Halo 1 & 2 and its fans...shut your damn mouth. We know you don't like Halo...wohoo for you...you're way cooler than us because you hate a game we have fun with. Why bother spending the time to throw in your random jabs here? There are plenty of Halo 2 vs. HL2 threads out there you can make stupid comments in.

Holy shit. I just discovered bungie.net stat tracking. You can see how many games you've played and what place you took in each of them and on which maps. Sweet.

Foxtrot said:
Are you retarded? There are so many differences, the HUD, the weapons are all different, the graphics, the maps and even the interface and controls.
The only thing that really stands out as different are the cutscene graphics, they're awesome. Other then that i can totally see why people think its exactly like the first game

iamaelephant said:
Just die.

Agreed.

...and warbie, I'll pm you about the gameplay in legendary. It seems every halo thread is bashed on this damned site. :|

lans said:
Agreed.

...and warbie, I'll pm you about the gameplay in legendary. It seems every halo thread is bashed on this damned site. :|
This place really needs a Halo 2 subforum like back when Doom 3 was released. It helped filter out some of the dirty fanboy's

Are you guys retarded? The multiplayer component of Halo 2 has been live for months. Quick start is still in development, so to join just hop into your local non-Halo 2 games forum and find a game (or 'thread') which is in no way associated with Halo 2 in any way and begin whoring! Your kill-death ratio is dependant on how many worthless/redundant comparisons you can make without being shot down by wannabe HL2 fanboys who've never played either game and just love themselves too much to admit they might be wrong!

(Please don't flame me, I'm not serious in the slightest... just having a bit of fun at certain people's expense ;))

GhostBoi said:
Okay I'm happy, weve already stolen this thread enough so I am not going to dispute the fact that the level design is still so hallway, opening, hallway, opening, hallway, opening.
Alright, and I apologize for asking if you were a retard.

For people who say that Halo 2 feels like Halo 1, here is the reason

Halo 1 worked

If a game can get rave reviews and be one of the best Xbox games at the time, it's obvious that Halo was fun for SOME people (but for some reason console games are hated here) and if a game works, you keep it. They added enough things to single player for the people who enjoyed the story, and a multiplayer component that was long overdue since the first Halo. If you don't enjoy it, fine, but the two games are made for two totally different audiences.

Jesus, cut it out with this ****ing negativity just because the game isn't Half-Life 2.

What? Honestly, what the **** is up with you and your ilk? Is HL2 going to have multiplayer that will last for the ****ing millenia to come? Or is Halo 2 such a threat to you that you feel the need to mock its success?

God dammit, people. Just let your stupid irrational grudges and get a ****ing grip.

When Half-Life 2 does'nt get as much coverage, I'll laugh.

Half of these people have'nt even played Halo, their only whining because we post so much good shit about it.

:D

Besides, im going to play Half-Life 2 once its released. :D Im a hardcore, dod'er, CS'er, and TF'er :D

lans said:
Agreed.

Cheers m8.

My copy arrived today (early :)) and i've experienced the terror that is Legendary once again.

Having great fun with Halo2, can't wait to try some co-op.

Bah. I didn't preorder it so I'll be off to Cardiff on the weekend and trade some 0LD SK00L games for it :thumbs:

i wanna play this so bad, but no xbox... but i am going to australia over christmas and my friend has one so :D

i definently like all the multiplayer features it has, makes you wonder why most other games dont have em, the online stats, the ranked and non-ranked games, the parties, that 4 people can play on one xbox and online etc.

I can't wait for the pc version.

Too bad HL2 does not include MP (own MP)

lans said:
Well, I've been playing the game for the last 15 hours. I spent like 5 hours on the SP, it's nice - but not mindblowing.

Anyway - for the next 10 hours I've been playing it's mp - and guess what? It's the best multiplayer component ever made. period. Intense, Fun, cool, fun....and did I say fun? ;)

Seriously, it pwns every xbox live game - HECK - every online rpg, mmporg, FPS, etc on ANY platform, including PC. Period, again. Counterstrike, bf 1942, ut2k4 all crumble beneath it.

This is coming from a person who is a big online pc whore.

Mind my over enthusiasm and spelling mistakes, but this game really pumps you up. :D

As a side note, I must say that the vehicle jacking in MP is the best thing ever to happen in video games.

Blowing the mp way out of proportion. It's great, no doubt, but I've definately had more fun in CSS, UT2k4, Jedi Academy, and many other online games. The weapons are so dumbed down, it takes so many shots to kill a single person. It's fun, but nothing amazing or mindblowing as you put it. Christ I swear some of you halo fans really blow the game out of proportion. The success of Halo is due entirely to people like this that act like this has been the only game since Super Mario World. No offense to you but it irritates me.

as do the hl2 fans irritate me

"omgosh hl2 is teh awesome cuz of the l337 physics and mods11!11! ohs, and the manipualtorr and gee-man"

i played it. yawn, gimme ut2004 (more everything)

Each to their own - I'm enjoying Halo 2 in co-op and multiplayer very much (certainly more than Far Cry, Doom, UT2004 etc)

Yea, each to their own, but I wish people could disagree with a simple; "I disagree".

It would just make everything easier for everyone, instead of saying, "Well teh see, I have'nt played Hl2 yet!!!1omgElven bu tteh gabe newel said, "let der be physics" and der was!!11 and half-life 2 gotz teh score!!1 and liek teh gee-man says "gordons" so am liek, "OMFG SHUTUP HALO NOOBS" becuz deh say good things about someting else I teh suck at, but I tell dem, I say, "OMFG ITS NOT LIEK THAT *winkieface*!" so dhen I flame teh other threads cuz my friendz all talk or liek about teh halo, but I dun liek it cuz I die..."

K e r b e r o s said:
It would just make everything easier for everyone, instead of saying, "Well teh see, I have'nt played Hl2 yet!!!1omgElven bu tteh gabe newel said, "let der be physics" and der was!!11 and half-life 2 gotz teh score!!1 and liek teh gee-man says "gordons" so am liek, "OMFG SHUTUP HALO NOOBS" becuz deh say good things about someting else I teh suck at, but I tell dem, I say, "OMFG ITS NOT LIEK THAT *winkieface*!" so dhen I flame teh other threads cuz my friendz all talk or liek about teh halo, but I dun liek it cuz I die..."

That hurts my head.

K e r b e r o s said:
"Well teh see, I have'nt played Hl2 yet!!!1omgElven bu tteh gabe newel said, "let der be physics" and der was!!11 and half-life 2 gotz teh score!!1 and liek teh gee-man says "gordons" so am liek, "OMFG SHUTUP HALO NOOBS" becuz deh say good things about someting else I teh suck at, but I tell dem, I say, "OMFG ITS NOT LIEK THAT *winkieface*!" so dhen I flame teh other threads cuz my friendz all talk or liek about teh halo, but I dun liek it cuz I die..."

...You're waaaay too good at that.

The_Monkey said:
What's the maximum number of players?

16. For the maps they designed...16 players makes for nonstop killing. I've been playing Team Skirmishes which sets up 4v4 games. You can play Big Team Battles with 16 total people though.

this is the best multiplayer experience I've had since goldeneye.

Can't get rnough of MP, zanzibar is pure tactical sniper ownage.

i'm having a lan tomorrow night, 6 people, all with our own tv's/xbox's, it'll be great fun.

Halo 2 is great. Sunday afternoon I went into EB, and saw all the "Midnight Madness" posters for the 12am opening for Halo 2. BTW, I didn't have an xbox at that time. So, Monday afternoon I went and bought an xbox, then at 12am went with my friend to EB and we both got Halo 2. Last night I had senior lock-in in my school, and we had four xbox consoles all networked, playing 8 and 10 player games. It was awesome.

XBox Live even works on my 112k dialup connection, 8 players works perfectly. I can't believe this game, it is awesome. I pretty much paid $200 for this, and it was well worth it.

Halo 2 with a mouse and keyboard on the X-box is a lot easier than aiming with a controller. It was a pain getting them to work with the game, so we chipped the bugger and now we can use a mouse and keyboard.

I can saftley say I kicked some serious butt.

Kyo said:
Halo 2 with a mouse and keyboard on the X-box is a lot easier than aiming with a controller. It was a pain getting them to work with the game, so we chipped the bugger and now we can use a mouse and keyboard.

I can saftley say I kicked some serious butt.

Is that really satisfying tho? ;)

Seeing as you have such a huge advantage. (the ease of using a m&k plus autoaim - u could use your feet and still win lol)

Back