Halo Reach

ur an asspie!:angry:

yeah a little bit probably.
emot-v.gif

I love mahself some Gaybro Breach with my bros

I played this game for a week but I may not come back to it. I'm starting to get bored with console FPS now and with Minecraft being so fun I'm gunna continue to play that

I've also been playing this game for a week now and, I think that the game is fun. As simple as that. it's just really really fun. My only problem would be with the writing (the horrible, horrible writing) but that's it. I don't really play Halo for it's writing, of course.

But god damn dude, those challenges? You know, just sitting and playing some matchmaking or whatever, thinking you should probably turn the 360 off and do something better, and then: "40 additional kills in matchmaking, and you get 1500 credits!"

...well... :)

point being it's quite addictive.

challenges keep me coming back for more and more. i saw a ridiculous one the other day which was to playthrough oni sword base on legendary without dying. **** that!

Just got and beat it. Pretty fun, Noble team's story is interesting too.

it when a Gay bro, breaches your anus.

Halo: Reach Multiplayer Mini-Review:

It's when you're having such a great time playing Halo: Reach with your friends you don't even realize there's four dicks up your bum while you kill total n00b jocks with rockets and energy swords.

On another note, I'm totally enjoying Reach--Xbox live really makes it worth it as leveling up and acquiring unique armor pieces adds some motivation. I'm also quite enjoying how better the balance is and the better integration of split screen (FPS is far better here). Forge maps are cool, I've seen entire recreations of things like the Millennium Falcon, original Halo maps to grassy WWII style scenarios--there seems to be a lot of improvement here... it's quite impressive for a console map builder I'm often left in awe, it should keep the game alive for several years at least until Gears 3 takes us bros away.

The melee feels better than ever (something that separates Halo games from any other FPS franchise) bashes are more devastating and timing them is risky but rewarding as hell--take downs from the back now produce a nifty and satisfying animation in multiplayer adding some fun humiliation. Dual-wielding is quite obviously gone and it's one of the best balance decisions they've ever made, it allows for better balance between all the weapons and an increased sense of uniqueness and distinction between convenant and marine weapons. Stand out weapons are the magnum, needler carbine and even a golf club. Weapons are beefier and more significant feeling than ever, with great bass, the rattling brass of the assault rifle and whurring laser sounds of alien weapons, if you have a subwoofer or decent tweeters there's plenty of ear candy to experience here. Vibration function has also been improved from the light jolts of the convenant pistol to the definitive quake of a nearby grenade or shoulder fired rocket.

Sure, if you aren't a fan of the series or prefer more intelligent shooters (or if you have all the others) it may not be worth it, but if you're new to the franchise and can enjoy some mindless Multiplayer fun and a campy Sci-Fi story, it's well worth nibbling on a little Gaybro action, this is by far Bungie's most polished entry and the series and a great exit title while they work on their new multi-platform IP.

Bungie may not ever have reinvented the wheel with the Halo series, but this latest entry proves that consoles can provide a more than adequate platform for competitive FPS--with it's highly physical and rewarding gameplay, attention to balance and variety (something started with Goldeneye) and tasteful integration of RPG elements, focusing more on aesthetics and skill indication than rewards which unbalance gameplay. It's quite clear how many years Bungie has spent developing for the Xbox SDK, particularly on the Halo series--instead of feeling like a tired rehash, Reach feels like the essence of Halo: silly, well balanced fun with a focus on playing with friends, something difficult in PC gaming and probably the biggest selling point. Very few developers spend this much time on split-screen gameplay, even fewer allow friends to play online together. This emphasis on community is what has made the Halo series stand out and Reach proves to perfect this development philosophy.

*Kudos to Bungie for keeping co-op and split screen alive in an era where these features seem to be cast aside or canned completely, in this way the series continues to be genuinely innovative and unique, separating it from Bob Kotick's multi-million selling franchise which suffers from a lack of the degree of customization, co-op and community features present in Reach.

If you don't plan to play with friends, pass--you won't find anything new or exciting here. If you have Gold and/or four controllers and those ever elusive friendly peers known as friends, Reach is more than worth it (it may even convert you, I got a PC diehard, Halo-hating friend to have a blast... granted we'd all taken a few bong rips, but I digress). If anything Halo: Reach provides a great distraction for bros during get-togethers while you monopolize the PC and play Steam FPS with their superior control schemes.

In short:

It's a high 8/10--with very few things that genuinely make your jaw drop, but possessing a certain wholeness that puts Bungie's time with series to a satisfying denouement, indicating their unending loyalty and appreciation for fans and fondness for the Halo IP. Reach is a must buy for 360 owners who lack beefy PCs or possess a brodequate brocial life.

Yeah, I can't seem to stop playing yet even though I want to, I at least want to beat Campaign in Legendary and reach Captain before I quit.

Back