Has anyone ever backpacked in Australia?

KoreBolteR

Tank
Reaction score
as i'm thinking about going next year with some mates!

If so was wondering what the best thing to do was....
Were thinking of getting a camper van and driving all the way down the east coast and spending new years eve in Sydney etc etc.

Anyone? lol :rolleyes:

but...the spiders! The snakes!

180px-Locke_in_Wheelchair.jpg

No, nobody's ever done that. You'll be the first. How did you come up with the idea?

actually hehe... wolf creek... hehe. guess ill be staying in Europe next year... dont want to get chopped up into little pieces surrounded by snakes n spiders.

lol

wrestle crocodiles whit the natives!

actually hehe... wolf creek... hehe. guess ill be staying in Europe next year... dont want to get chopped up into little pieces surrounded by snakes n spiders.

lol

And end up in a hostel?

I SAID TO THE MAN ARE YOU TRYING TO TEMPT ME?
BECAUSE I COME FROM THE LAND OF PLENTY.
do do do do
DO YOU COME FROM THE LAND DOWN UNDER?
yeah yeah
WHERE WOMEN GLOW AND MEN PLUNDER

Personally, I probably wouldn't. Events like the Childers backpacker hostel fire, Ivan Milat, Bradley Murdoch and Peter Falconio and a big Maori bashing two naked, enamoured backpackers make it seem like a bad idea.

Yes, come to australia land... and then come to the New Years Eve dance party in perth, and be drowned in the smoke... and people...

Yeah, I went there this spring.

Was in New Zealand for six weeks and in Australia for five. In Australia I went up on Greyhound from Melbourne up to Cairns, it was brilliant. The small hostels are always the best and lonely planet is probably the best guide. Whatever you do, avoid Brisbane! (I didn't go there personally, but I heard Perth and Darwin sucked too)

But if you're in the area, you really need to visit New Zealand. It's a lot better than Oz IMO. The nature is stunning. I went with Kiwi Experience while there, it was awesome. But avoid the big cities wile in NZ, the kiwis don't know shit about city planning or architecture.

Perth isn't a bad place to live. It might be boring to come here though. We do have good music and local bands though. ;D

Drive on the great ocean road in Victoria. You will not regret it.

Go to bondi beach there are topless women ****ing everywhere. Literally, every inch of sand is inhabited by a topless woman. I went with my wife and my peripheral vision was working in overtime.

But avoid the big cities wile in NZ, the kiwis don't know shit about city planning or architecture.
Hey! That's only mostly true. :frown:

Edit - Haha, love that video. What was it on, again?

Also, no matter what you do, make sure you call aborigines coons, to avoid getting beaten up! D:

Be sure to give the abo's lotsa money whilst you're at it. And smokes. And grog. I swear that's all they spend our ****ing taxpayers money on. Piss, durries and marri for the ten-gagillion offspring that they churn out with their cousins every 9 months. Take a look at any of the remote communities in the Pilbara.

Or Balga. Or Mirrabooka. Or Meekathara. Or Bibra Lake.

edit: oh, and money to spend on Clag glue and thongs so they don't bugger up their feet whilst stealing petrol from the bowser or riding bikes they pinch from round the nieghbourhood.

editedit: Lol Gruen transfer.

Gosnells is another remote place where the inbreeding happens...

You just make these names up, don't you?

Nah man, i used to live there :p

The language of the Nyoongar is ****ed Pi. The city abo's can't speak it any more; on the same token, the abo's out bush can't speak white man language either.

Don't do it, I heard Australian's like to rape and murder unsuspecting British people, what do expect from a bunch of ex-cons? ;D

Oh man you're funny. Reeeeeally funny.

Now bend over and pick up the soap, this ex-con is gonna get his freak on :naughty:

Brisbane's fine. Fine without you.

All the parks are in Gold Coast, go stink up that town!

Hey! That's only mostly true. :frown:
Welington was decent, but the rest, especially Auckland, was horrific. :x What idiot thought "hey, we have lots of water in the middle of town, should we have charming water walks and park and beaches in connection to the water in the middle to the town to create a nice atmosphere? No, let's build a big ****ing harbour in the middle of the city and make you walk 10 km to even touch the water! That'll increase our reputation!"

Yeah, I went there this spring.

Was in New Zealand for six weeks and in Australia for five. In Australia I went up on Greyhound from Melbourne up to Cairns, it was brilliant. The small hostels are always the best and lonely planet is probably the best guide. Whatever you do, avoid Brisbane! (I didn't go there personally, but I heard Perth and Darwin sucked too)

But if you're in the area, you really need to visit New Zealand. It's a lot better than Oz IMO. The nature is stunning. I went with Kiwi Experience while there, it was awesome. But avoid the big cities wile in NZ, the kiwis don't know shit about city planning or architecture.

Yeah was also thinking about NZ.. it also looks stunning!! I will deffo do the long drive from melbourne to cairns! or vice versa.

Which brings up the question... whats the best city? Melbourne or Sydney? hehe
I am thinking about spending New Years Eve in Sydney.
Avoid Brisbane? point noted. Cheers matie :D:imu:

Yeah was also thinking about NZ.. it also looks stunning!! I will deffo do the long drive from melbourne to cairns! or vice versa.

Which brings up the question... whats the best city? Melbourne or Sydney? hehe
I am thinking about spending New Years Eve in Sydney.
Avoid Brisbane? point noted. Cheers matie :D:imu:
No problem :)

Everyone I talked to liked Melbourne more, but I actually preferred Sydney, even though my hostel was in the red light district. :p

Back