Has this been thought of?

Argyll

Reaction score
I was just watching the latest James Bond movie (Die Another Day) last night and the thought occured to me...

Wouldn't it be cool to play a Single Player mod based on some sort of Agent that travels the globe doing various assassinations, raids, or other missions. Given HL2's engine, especially the physics, a lot of the stunts and everything that happens in 007 movies would be quite possible!

Well, I don't know if I would like to start work on a new mod (already lead Operation: CO-IN - http://opcoin.city-17.net), but I would be willing to help develop a concept for a SP Special Agent Mod and possibly make a website.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this? Would anyone like to help work on this project?

Yeah I thought of it sometimes ago already.
I think that this kind of mod would need innovative things, otherwise it would just be like any other "spy agent" mod (like for HL1, etc). We need to take good ideas for this mod and this would be great :)

Yea, but the advantage is HL2's physics. There are so many 'chain reactions' in spy thrillers that it would be perfect!

We would need to develop a strong concept as well. Maybe base things around real world events such as the nuclear crisis in North Korea or anything else to do with Oil in the Mid-East or terrorism.

I usually dislike mods that have anything to do with actual events, or fictional country tensions...

Originally posted by synth
I usually dislike mods that have anything to do with actual events, or fictional country tensions...

I agree with him and i think it is the case of a lot of people.
So we have to forgot countries and maybe talk about terrorism or about a government man who was kidnapped, things like that. I don't really see any other idea except these two ones, which would need to send a "superman" ala James Bond.

Btw Argyll, i'd be proud to work on a mod like this, if the scenario is good of course :cool:

I stoped reading after the first line, why?

Another moviebased mod idea :)

"Single Player mod based on some sort of Agent that travels the globe doing various assassinations, raids, or other missions."

It's not really moviebased.
He just saw good stuff in a film and he want to do it with HL2 engine, but it mus'nt necessary be with James Bond :p

Originally posted by Majestic XII
I stoped reading after the first line, why?

Another moviebased mod idea :)

Yea, it's not based on the 007 movies, but just around the concept of a secret agent which is what the 007 movies are about. We wouldn't want to copy any of their ideas for missions or try to duplicate events that have happened in the films.

Ok Sat, I will type up some conceptual stuff, and you should do the same. Then e-mail me: [email protected]

Once we get a design down, then we can start working on a site, etc.

for the real bond experience you could make everybody including the player one-shot-kill, but make the enemies so they couldn't hit a barn door from 2cm.

Back