Hello Virgina

Homer

Reaction score
I've been away from this board for about a year now, since I went to boot camp back in october of 05 and after endless training I'm finally going to my unit this wensday. I'm going to be with 1st FAST out of norfolk virginia, serving my country by... well, training more.

I remembered this as my favorate community back in the day and I wanted to drop in and say 'Hey'. It was way back that I first came here, months before the famous delay of halflife 2 in 03. It seems so long ago now, and I wonder how may people remain from the old days. Judging from the post counts quite a few. Anyway, this was always a good place to waste a afternoon and I hope it still is. So many things change, its good to see that a few remain the same.

So, is boot camp worth it? Was it fun ? Do you get payed well ? Are you projecting to iraq ?

Ello again Homer, well lots of regulars are still about, many have gone, and theres lots of irritating ones about now too. Good to see you again, you sticking around for a week or so before you hit the road again?

No, bootcamp was not fun. Some people say it was easy, but thats just because its over and they can say that now. It sucked ass honestly, I've repressed most of it I think.

I get payed... shit. But its not for the money

Some of its fun, like the shooting and the high speed training I get to do now in security forces, but most of its that damn hurry up and wait booring crap.

Worth it? I cant say yet, but its a good thing to have done in your life. I'm glad I'm doing it, but goddamnit I hate running.

FAST has gone to iraq from time to time, but at the moment our scedule is cuba then spain then we dont know yet. None of FAST is in Iraq now and we aren't going any time soon.

You can find info on just what we do at FAST here:
http://www.specialoperations.com/USMC/FAST/default.html
We do shit all over the world, and at the moment we mostly deal with terrorism places other than the middle east(didn't know that existed, didya?).

Hectic Glenn said:
Ello again Homer, well lots of regulars are still about, many have gone, and theres lots of irritating ones about now too. Good to see you again, you sticking around for a week or so before you hit the road again?

Starting wensday I should, hopefully, have the internet until september. I dont know when I'll be able to use it, but I should be able to get on at least on weekends.

Virginia here as well. I don't remember you - maybe I wasn't here yet. Anyway, welcome back.

Where in virginia?

... did I mispell the damn title? BAH!

I'd just like to say that I initially read the title as "Hello Vagina" :eek:

I only remember you if you remember me...

..***nning sucks balls
JNightshade said:
I'd just like to say that I initially read the title as "Hello Vagina" :eek:
Ever notice how chicks find it weird when you talk to their vagina?

seeing some names I remember... and dont I hate you or something Ikerous? Eh, I dont remember. Good to see ya.

"Hello Virginia." It was the first time in three years that I had seen her, her sparkling blue eyes, her Californian blond hair, and her generic Valley-girl fake tan. How different she was from the last time I saw her. Her voice was different, either from joy or stress, I could not discern. My grand adventure during my tenure on America's greatest aircraft carrier had noticeably changed me as well, a more mature and worldly man, humbled by the horrors and atrocities as well as the wonders of mankind's grandest moments. As I had explored the vast reaches of the world and its rich seven seas, so too must have many seamen explored her vast, open tracts of parted seas. It was to be expected, no doubt, as I had left my girlfriend of one year to service for what has been a lifetime to me. I could not help but question her faithfulness over the years but I survived on the hope that she was trustworthy enough. It was this very trust that made our long distance relationship so endearing over the years. But we were not with our relationship problems and drama. The various gift baskets home-made and hand-picked along with my mother was only a picture-esque view of her bond with me, slowly degrading in quality with the ridiculously large rainbow lollipops becoming scorpion filled deathsicles and the comfy teddy bears into hideous eternal squid demons. How cute and quaint I must have thought at the time but time never passes for such great an evil.

"Hello, Tom." Tom, as in Tom Cruise, as in no relation to the movie star Tom Cruise other than our identical first names. Her greeting was forced, awkward, and hurried. I could sense that she did not want to be here, instead lying in the soft Tempur-Pedic Swedish-designed and NASA approved mattress being violated out of her mind by a man that was not me. How I loathed this stranger and my mental picture of his erotic pelvic vibrations. He had no right to touch her like this. My correspondence with her via letters had slowed down in the past few months becoming briefer and briefer until they just stopped coming one day. No matter, I believed that the military was only messing up the postal service. You can't trust such a system, not when you've got postmen like that working in the field. Lies, I believed until one day, I received a lengthy and well-thought out letter from Virginia telling me of her passionate love for me. I have only just realized that this was the breaking point. She had met another man, even more ridiculously endowed than I, and this was her way of renouncing her guilt. Now, it was time to for her to announce the full truth.

"Tell me the truth between you and him." I pointed at her driver, tall and well-built.

"What are you talking about? He's the taxi driver." His handlebar mustache waved in the air conditioned wind. He stood with his arms folded, his beady black eyes pointed in our general direction staring intently at me.

"That's enough of your lies. Who is he really?" The driver could not be trusted. Where was his taxi after all? The yellow and black color scheme could be found nowhere in sight at the terminal.

"Damn it ma'am, are we going to leave or what?" The driver had interrupted our conversation, something was amiss between these two.

"Just a minute Harold, I'm paying you more than enough anyway. Wait, what the hell are you talking about Tom?" Who the hell knows the name of their taxi driver and why isn't this taxi driver the stereotypical Middle-Eastern man of the United States of America? I couldn't trust these people.

"In two ways more than ONE, YOU ARE SCREWING MY GIRLFRIEND."

"Whoa whoa man, calm down, alright Mr. Military, I'll give you a refund." He reached inside his coat pocket.

"Gun! He's got a GUN!" I pushed Virginia down on to the ground and ran for the Well-Built Man, tackling him on to the floor. Reaching inside his coat, I found the dastard culprit, a modded automatic AK47.

Other men who had only been watching in their clean and amazingly lint-free business suits soon pulled out their highly illegal arsenal of weapons. The delicately waxed and meticulously detailed replica of the Wright Brothers turned lightly as it hung from the wide and spacious airport terminal. A man appeared from the canvas wing, well-armed and well-planned. An ordinary civilian like Virginia would have never suspected such a ruse. However, I was no ordinary man.

The silent alarm was triggered by the scared and secretly gay terminal manager, aware of the armed terrorists who were now holding me and my girlfriend hostage. She was shivering scared, but somewhat calm in the process, like she had somehow known of what was to be. The pieces of the puzzle began to fit, how could I have not seen it? She must have known, that was why she was so nervous to have met me. She had been kidnapped on her way to the airport, choice-picked by the terrorists to distract the only man with the power to stop them. She was trying to protect me as she would have known that my training in military psychology would have allowed me to detect the situation at hand but no, it was only used to spur up lies and mistrust.

"Do not move or you won't be killed."

"Sayid, that don't make no goddamn sense."

"Oh no, look at me, look at me, I'm a little girl, I'm using a double negative, oh no. **** you ******."

I concentrated on the terrorists surrounding me, now was not a time to be thinking of past mistakes. No, now was the time to act. In a heroic blaze of glory I ran up to the nearest man and used him as a human shield as I stormed past each one shooting them down with one bullet from my recently acquired weapon until there was only one left, the taxi driver himself.

"How are you doing Harold?" I had his gun, he had nothing. It was clear who was truly the winner.

"Not too bad military man, not too bad." His arrogance was annoying me. "In fact, why don't you turn around and look for yourself?"

I turned around and looked only to see nothing. A loud crack sounded in the air and a sharp pain rushed through my leg. He had shot me. As the pain seized my body I could only help but wonder as I heard a loud fapping off in the distance.

I woke up in a hospital, Virginia sleeping on the bed's railing. I looked at her for a minute. Such beauty and such dedication. If only I had trusted her.

"Hey HONEY! Why don't you WAKE the **** UP?"

"Hey Tom, you're awake. Thank God." She was smiling. "The military helicopter had only just arrived when you were shot."

I closed my eyes and felt relief for the first time since I came home. Hail my fellow comrades for they have done a damn fine job.

Virginia and I, well, let's just say it was a happy ending after all.

Do you have to eat him as well? Or is that if you want to become Short Recoil?

If you eat him, you'll eventually kill him anyway. So I guess that counts.

Hectic Glenn said:
*takes out compass, north points toward self*

Who could forget the Homer?

It feels like it was only yesterday that you left

Back