High Definition Orange Box Art for PS3, 360 and PC

Utter shit ....... in HD or not!! This is how it should be;

Orange Cover artwork by Xirow

coverorangebox.jpg

Valve needs to buy this.

Like all the other user made box-arts I've seen, they are totally useless as they don't show the multiple games on the front.
That is the challenge.

Personally I'd take Valve's design over the user made box arts I've seen.
I wonder how many of the people complaining about the box art are actually going to buy the pack over steam anyways... ;]

Am I the only one that notices the little Lambda sign next to the "The Orange Box" title? :LOL:

I don't like how they've messed with the PC DVD lettering. Hopefully they have to stick to how other PC games do it under European guidelines, maybe that ones just for America.

Yeah, I think the U.S will get saddled with that crap.

The boxart isn't too hot, but I'm not going to buy the damned game in a box anyway, so boohoo.

Its Xirow who made that orange box cover, not dogboy73
Yes, I mearly posted it up on Xirow's behalf because I thought it was so fu***ng good it needed to be seen as often as possible. It's like the kind of cover artwork I had in mind but I couldn't have done it half as well as Xirow has. Top work & infinitely better than the official cover artwork IMO. For a start it looks miles more professional.

Yes, I mearly posted it up on Xirow's behalf because I thought it was so fu***ng good it needed to be seen as often as possible. It's like the kind of cover artwork I had in mind but I couldn't have done it half as well as Xirow has. Top work & infinitely better than the official cover artwork IMO. For a start it looks miles more professional.

Yes, I know. But the people that posted after didnt get that :p

why do they not continue with the same cover design as hl2 and hl2 epi one. ?

hi, this probably comes of as a bit obsessive but i rly loath the official cover and the custom made one rly blew of my socks so is there anyway the creator or another fan out there could adapt the dimensions of it for a regular dvd case so we could atleast print it out and replace it

i can understand Valve's choice behind the original cover but even on a commercial view it makes the whole package look terribly cheap, i hope it sells a trillion tho and i'l definitly buy it regardless of what will be on the cover

It just seems to me that when you're looking at game boxes on the shelf, the box art and design is usually a good indicator of the production values of the game. We all know that these games are going to be amazing and it's a great deal, but if I was an average shopper and wasn't up to date on these sorts of things, I have to say, I'd be pretty unenthusiastic...:|

I mean you put all this effort into a game, and spend two and a half minutes on the box? For christ sake, someone on a message board whipped up a better version from scrap just to prove how horrible and sloppy yours is.

I just want to give my support to the unofficial boxart, someone needs to mail it to gabe.

Valve don't want to focus on one game only. They want to put the three game, EP:2, Portal, TC2 in equality. Since It is not like Half-Life 2 and CS: S, there is no "the big boss" amongst the three games.

damn, those i have never seen. totally awesome. you have to email that to gabe seriously..

Guys, it's five games in one box. FIVE. Five excellent, highly demanded games for a regular price. I really think it's unbelievable great. :)

Back