Hitler Parodies now banned from youtube

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
The company behind the movie Downfall is now claiming copyright violation against every single Hitler parody. This is bullshit as it is clearly breaching the Fair-Use contract. I also dont understand their motives, these parodies is the best free marketing they can get. Most of the people who watched these videos had no idea that the movie even existed before. Why would they ban free marketing?

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/hitler-parody-videos-taken-youtube-16489

Wow, this is a shitty thing for them to do. Someone should make a new Hitler parody video about this situation.

I think they're all stupid. I thought the first one was stupid. I haven't even seen the movie, but I just assumed it was from Inglorious Bastards, even though I saw it and it wasn't in it.

"Hey let's take something in not-English and give it not-even-funny subtitles!"

Good. I hated them.

Maybe they recon the free publicity from the videos has run its course so they're getting new publicity by generating a controversy by blocking the videos.

Good. I hated them.

Don't search for them on Youtube, I guess...?

Way to guys. Let's all ignore that this is kind of a bullshit thing to do and waste posts about how we don't think X meme is funny.

You don't have to search for them. They're everywhere like the stupid Rick Roll meme.

Your collective lack of humour aside (spose we cant all be artfags), the copyright claims on the parodies are bullshit, and Youtube should ignore them.

the hell are you talking about? did a brick fall on your head? I don't mind about seeing the original video. I just don't like the stupid parodies like Hitler hates L4D2.

Moron.

They were funny, you people need to get a better sense of humor.

Hitler parodies were absolutely devastating in the right (wrong?) hands. They should never be censored.

Someone should rename this thread to "did you like the Hitler parodies?" Apparently thats the more important issue here.

I can't begin to fathom the kind of retardation that would lead someone to cheer for censorship... :|

asstards said:
Good, I hated that bastid, he don't need Fair Use!

The principle is what f*cking matters, you dipsticks!

What the? Why? Surely parodies like those fall under fair use, and it's what- a couple minutes out of a three hour movie?

I hate most of those clips- but that's more or less immaterial.

95% of them were shit anyway, but pity about the other 5%.

Bit odd, even the director thought those vids were funny linky

"Someone sends me the links every time there's a new one," says the director, on the phone from Vienna. "I think I've seen about 145 of them! Of course, I have to put the sound down when I watch. Many times the lines are so funny, I laugh out loud, and I’m laughing about the scene that I staged myself! You couldn't get a better compliment as a director."

Damn shame they wont be around for much longer

I've only seen one, and it was the 'Hitler's BattleTech Game Goes Awry.' It was brilliant.

I guess they don't see Youtube watchers as their demographic.

There are a few good ones, I did enjoy the iPhone 4G leak one quite a bit. Love this comment from the source...
So much for FAIR USE and FREE SPEACH - taking these down is NO better than what the Nazis Did!

Youtube will take anything and everything down when there is a simple complaint. I think their censorship goes overboard most of the time.

Looks like it is the downfall of Hitler parodies.

The real question is where in Argentina is he filming them, and how can we stop him? He's the Uwe Boll of WW2 films.

They were all complete crap. I'm glad they're banned.

You must now all suffer.

They're worth saving just for Downfall of Grammar.

They were funny at first but after the first 20 million of them, things kinda got tedious. Great film though, I'm one of the few who actually knew about and had watched Downfall before all these videos started.

Back