HL2.net Arma 2 Ace 2 Information Videos

Yeah 3 is a lot when you think about it. 2 would be more than enough as well.

But the beauty of it is that at least people aren't just going to be riding the buffer constantly (dipping under for 1.5 seconds then speeding back up to reset, rinse and repeat) because that would just be tedious, and not to mention risky. So this would really only be helpful where it is intended.

A little beeping sound should be playing while the buffer is in effect.

A little beeping sound should be playing while the buffer is in effect.
That's actually what I was working on last night when I said "well I got the buffer working but broke something else." I had managed to get sounds to play in the map for the vehicles on rearm, but when I tried using the same method on the bus during the buffer it wouldn't work. Again, the volatility and pickiness of the scripting in this game is tedious and facepalm.

Also: the Q speed of the bus is a comfortable 40, just 5 above the minimum. If you wanted to ride the threshold you'd have to let off the throttle entirely (muhahaha).

If Q is 40, then what's W?
Or did you mean W is 40? Because that seems kinda low.

And yeah that's what I meant, how else would you slow down without letting go of the throttle?

When I was driving that one time, I held Q, and it kept me above 35 the whole time, until I went up a slight hill and exploded.

Q is 40, W is 60, E is 70. Imo it's lucky that Q is 40 because letting off the gas (to try and go as slow as possible) is much more dangerous than just alternating between Q and W (if our limit was 50, say).

Oh, I'm a retard. I got Q and E totally mixed up. Nevermind.

Can't ****ing wait for this shit. I hope Iron Front doesn't kill the WWII mod scene for Arma3, because imagine dogfighting/dive bombing in that. Underwater stuff looks pretty immersive as well.

hvUtt.jpg

Is there support for melee mechanics? FOR MODS TO NOT SUCK BALLS HAVING TO IMPROVISE A WAY?

Zombie mods come to mind...

Those clouds, my God.

Oh my God, those clouds!

Are my eyes deceiving me or am I seeing fully volumetric clouds in an ARMA title!?

Those clouds do look very realistic. I wonder if they're totally dynamic... So that you could cloud gaze and see shapes!

Those clouds do look very realistic. I wonder if they're totally dynamic... So that you could cloud gaze and see shapes!
I certainly hope so!

Clouds is one of those things that I just love when done well/properly in games!

Especially fun as a pilot if it means you can actually hide in the clouds!

They do look volumetric given how the sunlight is casting on them.

Few more:

"Catch the douchebag" mode confirmed.

Kdi4Y.jpg

QUUUY.jpg

oRmUL.jpg

Also, not sure if this is new, but someone did some comparison shots with satellite images/photos. They're kind of small but you get the idea.

vuNMW.jpg

Rkf4L.jpg

Udwmu.jpg

f25MP.jpg

Wait, I thought Bohemia just made up island for these games?

They did before. (Well, mostly. They used general shapes of islands based on real ones, but they weren't to scale) This time they're basing it on a real life island, and to scale.

"Catch the douchebag" mode confirmed.
Doesn't confirm shit it's just a screenshot **** you

Interview:

Supposed to be a part 3 coming

Mostly nothing too new or interesting, but a question is asked about changing your gear during a mission. You can for example take an enemy's tactical vest, and exchange them. And the items have different capacities/weight/restrictions.

They even mention Red Orchestra near the end of part 2, with regards to implementing weapon resting. Answer for now is they're considering it.

Why is that guy's tattoo on his shirt instead of his face?

Really terribly shitty joke, couldn't help myself.

Part 3

First question asked... Can you shoot from vehicles? The answer is 'hopefully yes', depending on how well their new animation system comes out. If they get this feature in, I'm going to be even more excited for this game.

Hey guys you'll never guess whMORE SCREENS

(spoilered for space)

Z8vyL.jpg

08rwS.jpg

HuDyf.jpg

AVjan.jpg

WXx1T.jpg

3SGZj.jpg

Q7kTE.jpg

9r7t1.jpg

cHqql.jpg

Will we have to look for oysters a la San Andreas?

Or perhaps open the seafloor chests in the right order a la Mario 64?

HuDyf.jpg

Thats a high res vehicle right there. Thats gotta be 60k+ polygons with multiple, probably 2k res textures. I think I'm going to do some mods for this game, if it can handle that kind of load.

Butterflies confirmed

9MijS.jpg

Cool dome building things

kpygi.jpg

All this foliage sure is going to be fun isn't it?

JY9NF.jpg

The introspective villain. Arma breaks new ground in every game.

jVU9I.jpg

And a nice island shot.

gJ3wF.jpg

Also yet another video of running through the E3 demo here: http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=18597

Some interesting things being said... Working mirrors are almost definitely confirmed, and he claims that every building on the island will be enterable. I hope this is true. He also says the AI will be better with entering buildings. I hope this means they'll do things like run into them and shoot out of windows.

I'm still impressed by the AI using cover in arma 2. Just last night when we were playing I saw a guy run behind a tree and peek out to shoot at one of us, and then when I started shooting at him he adjusted his position to account for the angle I had on him.

Yeah, the AI in wooded areas seems especially well done in ARMA2. Hopefully their AI sighting system gets a once-over though, to really tone in their abilities to be alerted with all that foliage. Its not bad now in ARMA 2, but its not perfect, and the amount of foliage in 3 is going to exacerbate the smaller issues with it. If they do pull it off though, fights in wooded areas are going to be intense as ****.

I don't think anyone of us has a PC powerful enough to render all that foliage at more than 10fps, especially considering how hardware-hungry arma 2 already was.

They're already tweaking AI visibility in tall grass in the last few OA betas. I expect good things.

And yeah Dinn, I thought it was established that we'd all be needing new PCs (well, those of use who don't have fast quad cores and the latest video card) for this game.

Looks like I'm going to need to rob a bank to fund my new computer.

Summer sale on at Sprocket, Bohemia's store. Can't find a page with the specials laid out properly so here's a link with everything: http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/...owse&category=&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

And here's a shot of the email I got:

py3jb.png

Interesting to note that buying Arma 2 and Op Arrowhead separately is .50 cheaper than Combined Ops. >_>

Also, I'm not sure if it applies everywhere else, but when I ordered there it subtracted the VAT since I wasn't in Europe. YMMV.

$14.30 USD if you live outside of Europe and you buy them separately. That's quite a price.

Does anyone who wants this game not have it yet, though?

Edit: Just realized the DLC is on sale too. Anyone who owns arma and wants some more SP, I recommend buying those DLC, especially PMC. It's only $10.76 for both of them.

Gamescom demo/interview with Total Biscuit. Certain parts will be familiar if you've watched the E3 footage, but most of it is new, and some pretty neat stuff at that.

Loving the new grenade launcher sighting. Uniform stealing I could take or leave. The towns look much nicer and more varied/detailed than anything in Arma 2... and there's 50-60 of them? Daaaaang.

Also placeholder dialogue is the best.

7SCOv.png

Very cool video, lots to get excited about. And I'm still dying to see the new animation system.

I liked everything I saw in that video. Every single bit of it.

Cool video, Man I want to be able to max this game out.

We're planning on playing tomorrow at around 8 PM EST, 12 PM NZ time

Please post if you can make it.

Viper can probably go earlier, but we'll have to see when BH is ready.

Remember to have your ACE updated.

Question -

I got ArmA2 When it first came out and it was pretty much to buggy to play. Esp the Co-Op Multilayer side of things, it was always bugging out, disconnecting and breaking so much so we never played much. Has this all been fixed?

Secondly has the mouse sensitivity been fixed? Even set as low as it goes in game it seemed to spin me round 360 with a one inch mouse move :(

I got ArmA2 When it first came out and it was pretty much to buggy to play. Esp the Co-Op Multilayer side of things, it was always bugging out, disconnecting and breaking so much so we never played much. Has this all been fixed?

When I tried the Arma 2 demo it left a pretty bad and buggy impression on me as well, but after Veg convinced me to buy Arma 2+OA(combined operations) and we played with the ACE mod it was way, way better than the demo. Still some small bugs but definitely nothing game-breaking for me.

Secondly has the mouse sensitivity been fixed? Even set as low as it goes in game it seemed to spin me round 360 with a one inch mouse move :(

Did you try lowering/disabling the mouse smoothing?

Back