HL2.net is throttling my 'New Posts' search!

Captain M4d

POWER OVERWHELMING
Reaction score
It's not much of a problem, but I was wondering why we now have to wait a certain amount of time to view the 'New Posts' again. It's a little annoying, because it's my main way of navigating the forums. Just wanna know why.

:farmer:

Stress on our server unfortunately. We've had some issues with in over the past 18 months, which have lead to downtime (including those 2/3 days we had). We are looking at ways of optimising the performance of the site on this end while investigating the technical side using StarMonkey & Limelight.

We've had an increase in traffic recently too, which is a positive thing. We just want to make sure it isn't slow when using the site.

technically it's a "search" and as you know you can only do a search once every 60 seconds

you think if you had 2 different web browsers it would work?? or 2 different PCs or is this an IP thang?

technically it's a "search" and as you know you can only do a search once every 60 seconds

For normal searches yeah, but it used to be you could hit New Posts as much as you want.

Stress on our server unfortunately. We've had some issues with in over the past 18 months, which have lead to downtime (including those 2/3 days we had). We are looking at ways of optimising the performance of the site on this end while investigating the technical side using StarMonkey & Limelight.

We've had an increase in traffic recently too, which is a positive thing. We just want to make sure it isn't slow when using the site.

The site has been working at least 10 times better now for me.

I always use the New Posts button to browse the forums. Sucks. :(

Use your back buttons. Seriously, one click of New Posts and you're good to go for 20 minutes.

Or open threads in a new tab instead of navigating away from the new posts page.

If I accidentally click the 'new posts' thing too many times too quickly it'll reset my counter to 60 seconds left without sending me to the page.

It's not that much of a problem.
I found I usually spend more than a minute on a page anyway and if not just click back.

I think I'm the only person who never touches the "New Posts" button...just just visit whatever forum I want and look at threads I want to look at lol.

Me too, actually.

Do you mean the New Posts button next to every thread? That's never worked properly for me.

Quick Nav/Today's Posts

It does a search for most recent posts.

Back