HL2 still on for 30th September

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
September 30th says Valve

Today at ECTS Valve's Greg Coomber assured the public that Half-Life 2 will hit the shelves on September 30th as planned - despite the numerous rumours to the contrary.

Speaking at ECTS this morning, Coomber stated, "it'll be tight, but Half-Life 2 is still on for a September 30th ship". Sadly, Valve’s presentation at ECTS was the same as the one shown at E3 earlier this year. Look forward to a few more of the E3 videos coming through Steam soon.

Just posted this in the delays May Be False thread. For those that don't know the news above is from www.eurogamer.net - only fair to give credit where credit's due!

This news doesn't come as any suprise. Gabe said Sept 30. and never confirmed or denied anything else.

It will be cool if they actually hold the date... I mean, it would be a first if something this big and anticipated actually comes out on the said date :)

/me goes of to read about the awesome new game that will revolutionize 3D as we know it, coming late 1999, Duke Nukem Forever...

Originally posted by Private Snafu
This news doesn't come as any suprise. Gabe said Sept 30. and never confirmed or denied anything else.

Well lets’ not get ahead of ourselves – it hasn’t shipped yet, so there's still time for it to be delayed. And I think it’s understandable that delay rumours have been circulating when the official line has been “no comment” for a number of weeks. Personally I could live with waiting a month or so now that I’ve finally got DSL and a copy of Battlefield 1942 but I guess that’s just me!

Well the rumours may not have been rumours at the time, maybe after judgement of the response, it was kept to normal dates.
Good stuff tho.

Originally posted by Munro
Today Valve's Greg Coomber insisted Half-Life 2 will hit the shelves on September 30th as planned, despite a large number of rumors and false announcements saying that the game will slip.

Speaking at ECTS this morning, Coomber stated "it'll be tight, but Half-Life 2 is still on for a September 30th ship". Sadly Valve’s presentation at ECTS was the same as the one shown at E3 earlier this year. Look forward to a few more of the E3 videos coming through Steam soon.

Hope they dont rush it and release it buggy just to make the 30 september date :x

weeeeee!!! great news! I was steadily beginning to lose my grip of belief in the release date!

yeehaw!

and btw. way to go hl2.net. at last best hl2 site properly working.

Of course, we always scoop the other sites... :)

I've been keeping track of this for a while and a question just keep nagging at me. Assuming the September 30th date is met, is this a release date for the USA, Europe or global?

Vorm.

I sure hope that we in europe will have the game on the same day as US will!

Originally posted by Apos
Of course, we always scoop the other sites... :)

Yeees, but you did `scoop’ it almost word for word from www.eurogamer.net ;)

I’m not associated with the website at all btw, but as I said in an earlier post today, Credit where credit’s due!

good.. better.. hl2 comes in september. :)

but it still isn't gold.. well, not be too happy.
waaah.. i'm going crazy! :D

woohoo

im pretty happy for the announcement :bounce:

and the beginning of hl2.net site :)

Cujo, that's the most intense avatar I've seen. Kewl!

(sorry, All, for the off-topic)

"Halflife 2 is delayed, in fact, there is NO half-life 2, and even if there was, it'd be delayed." - PlanetHalflife's information minister.

:cool: I never really (wanted to belive) belived that it was going to be delayed. There is a interview where Gabe said that because of the incredible amount of money they got from the first HL the were really independant now, so they could set their own goals and release dates, with nobody pushing them. So if they delay it i think it would be just a bad math on their part, making them feel a little...dumbey.:dork: ;)

YEEY!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: YEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Yipeee!!!!! cant belive it in about 1 month we could! have our hands on Half Life 2 can't wait. But I dont remember a game that came out on a Tuesday but I supose theres nothing wrong with that.

Ya im homeschooled, so i do my work at night, ill be up at the mall tuesday before the store even opens

So how long do you all think that it will take gamespot to update their site and say that is Sept. 30 and not Q4 2003?

;o.. i live in israel, i must preorder or somthing O:, or to wait week after game get out :O~

Well it definitely does look like sept. 30th is still it. I pre-ordered halflife2 from gamestop and they're saying its the 30th. So, WOOHOO!

i wait until it's gold, cetainly 15th of september or so :bounce: and then i will pre order this.. divine game (i hope so). :)

Yes, gold-date is september, 15th, that's been confirmed ago :)

Back