HL2 still on for 30th September

I think we won't see HL2 until mid/late November since that's when we will see the 9800Pro XT. Sad.....

but it is bait for the teeming masses to pounce on to feed their insatiable hunger for activity until half life 2 comes out.

man you guys are beatin the shit outta this thread

Guess we'll just have to wait 2 weeks and see?

Why would they wait to so close to the release date and then suddenly change?

And ive heard that hl2 will come out on steam on the 30th and that retail and steam will come out the same time, go figure :p

I can really see it now.

September 29th, still no announcement from Valve, and anyone who hasn't asked a local store or checked a retail site, is in the dark to what's about to happen. The clock strikes midnight, September 30th is here! Steam begins to update for some strange reason, and low and behold, A GREYED OUT TITLE: "Half-Life 2" is to be seen on the list of games!
You double click in a flurry of fast finger action, the window pops up asking for a credit card! You quickly get yours out and punch down the number, hit submit, and W00T!

It's still sending the CC information....
still sending.....

*2 hours later*

"In the latest news, LA and NY are simultaneously the victims to mass looting and rioting. Many sources are telling us that the main cause is a broken delivery service from a video game company known as Valve. Apparently, they were supposed to release the next big game of the decade, but due to some failures in the system, people were forced to wait in upwards of 2 hours to get their game. Diana Warhawk, News channel 7"

I bet you a tirllion dollars that's exactly what's gonna happen.

my game store will get it about 4 days early if its not there 3 days in advance its not coming out (general rule of thumb)

Yeah, I can see it now.

"Yeah, so we're playtesting it right now. But just for the hell of it, we'll wait until February to release it." :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mouse
my game store will get it about 4 days early if its not there 3 days in advance its not coming out (general rule of thumb)

??? Videogames are infamous for arriving at stores late, after their release dates.

dunno what you're talking about, man.

Originally posted by cod56
Thanks Jim. But I really hope its not delayed, even though that video would be fun to watch!!!

looks like $800 you've just wasted
havent you read that the geforce is the worst card ever for HL2

If I were you I would take the card back pronto and get a radeon

And Im not a noob - I was the first to post the AA problem after dicussions with Valve if you check the sticky in these forums

nvidia suxs at the moment - if you want HL2 in all its glory get a 256mb radeon - thats official from Valve

Originally posted by mouse

you must have one organised store then, cause when i used to work at comet, a chain of electronic stores in the uk, we nearly always used to get the games either the day of release or the next day.

Originally posted by DaveKap
I can really see it now.

September 29th, still no announcement from Valve, and anyone who hasn't asked a local store or checked a retail site, is in the dark to what's about to happen. The clock strikes midnight, September 30th is here! Steam begins to update for some strange reason, and low and behold, A GREYED OUT TITLE: "Half-Life 2" is to be seen on the list of games!
You double click in a flurry of fast finger action, the window pops up asking for a credit card! You quickly get yours out and punch down the number, hit submit, and W00T!
channel 7"[/i]

that won't happen because gabe said they will announce the gold status.
i think he mentioned it when he had a meeting with spitcodefry. :)

Oh man... I'm leaving for Italy on Oct 8th i juss hope it will be released before i leave!!Install it in my laptop and im good to go!!

Originally posted by P4boy
looks like $800 you've just wasted
havent you read that the geforce is the worst card ever for HL2

If I were you I would take the card back pronto and get a radeon

And Im not a noob - I was the first to post the AA problem after dicussions with Valve if you check the sticky in these forums

nvidia suxs at the moment - if you want HL2 in all its glory get a 256mb radeon - thats official from Valve

That's right, this is why i switched my Geforce 4 Ti 4800 SE for a radeon 9600 Pro 128mb.
whats you being not a noob got to do with anything? :cheers:

eeek

hope its not... i want my copy of half life 2 on september the 30th period :flame:

what December 1st! :( that not fair, hope they are wrong

I hope it's wrong too.
A little better news,the Nov. issue of PCGamer (page 50) has the
release date of 11/19.

they had 5 freakin yrs to make this game.i would think at least half of the game was done when they were showing that demo at e3.and also even if it is a little buggy theres always things called patches. :dork:

WoooP!!

A month or two late is fine with me if that happens. eather way is all good. As long as they are honest with us about the relese date, It wont realy matter much except making the game even more sweeter to play. :thumbs:

Umm how come on most of the sites where i preorder games it says HL2 will ship in Dec 1?

Originally posted by Freecode
Umm how come on most of the sites where i preorder games it says HL2 will ship in Dec 1?

They are guessing since they have no official release date. ;(

Originally posted by Freecode

Dont forget the ones that say Oct.. and November.. and January... and February... the fact that all sites have different dates and/or changing dates should confirm to you that they are mearly making this stuff up. if Valve was telling the gaming stores when the game was really available they would all have the same date, wouldn't they?

Valve must have told Amazon that it wont be released 30th sept cos none of the sites have that date!! Also it would be impossible for valve to ship out 500,000 copies of HL2 worldwide in 7 days. Valve have probably told copanies like Amazon that it will be delayed but they are unsure of a release date...so everyone is making a date up!!

Originally posted by Benza
Valve must have told Amazon that it wont be released 30th sept cos none of the sites have that date!! Also it would be impossible for valve to ship out 500,000 copies of HL2 worldwide in 7 days. Valve have probably told copanies like Amazon that it will be delayed but they are unsure of a release date...so everyone is making a date up!!

Oh its damn possible!

Check out Amazon.co.uk. They still have the date as 30th September. What does that tell you? Maybe we in the UK will be getting it before everyone else (I wish).

Buy Half-Life 2 (PC) with Doom III today! ...WTF!!!

That site is all Hype. They list these things so suckers like us will preorder.

From gonegold.com

A VERY interesting scenario from http://www.gonegold.com/
Scroll down a little to "Mondays News"

IF this is the way it pans out , can Steam handle all the orders?
Will the people the ordered from various site (amazon..etc) have to wait for the retail box? Or will their orders somehow be tied to Steam?

Of course the only people that truly know arent saying..Yet

...jerking our chain and the game is indeed delayed until the end of the year. 9800 XT's are launched at the end of September with white slips of paper in them good for a copy of Half-Life 2.

I completely disagree with this statement. If anything the slips of paper would be orange, with black font.

i actually might be aggreeing with that statement, but ya know, i dont give a shit what happens, jsut want HL2 as soon as possible!

I'm buying the game over steam. Hoping it comes out soooooooon.

And I just put my GeForce FX 5900 Ultra on Ebay. Gonna use the money to get a Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB

Just got off planethalflife.net and they say Hl2 has been DELAYED.

Great, more confusion.

I read somewhere that a game company cannot delay a game 6 days before the release date that they had said....well since they valve have said nothing i hope that means its 30th September :p

Benza, cannot? What do you mean by that? Is there a law of nature that prevents them from that?

it just doesn't make sense.Spidcodfry was on a trip and even then it was well known that Release date is Sept 30.Why TF they was talking about Sept 30 a week before the release if they were thinking about delaying this game even about 10 days.It's just don't make sense.Besides Gabe Newell should make an official statement for this.I think that they are sitting in their offices,just watching the whole action on the net and HL2 messageboards and laughing loud.I think that if the game was really delayed there should be something about this on the official Steam site.Someone is toying with us.Maybe Steam release is delayed.If I'll not see official statement I'll not believe this Shit.They don't comment anything officially so it's bullshit.Some freak or a few had a great idea to make such joke to see our reactions, and piss us off.Valve does not comment anything,so it has to be a stupid joke.

But it's not ;( :flame:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 3:08 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Stupid joke right?

HL2 Delay is some stupid joke right? cause if it was true You would make an
official statement(not an e-mail to shacknews)...that's how responsible
people do,and i think You're one of them.(we 're all pissed off !!! but
well still buy this game)

answer:
A press release went out. I'm not sure how much more official we can get.

Back