Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
Outstanding Character Performance - Male
Outstanding Achievement in Game Play Engineering
Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering
Outstanding Achievement in Game Design
Outstanding Achievement in Character or Story Development
Outstanding Innovation in Computer Gaming
First Person Action Game of the Year

The Eighth Annual Awards will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on February 1st, 2005. These peer-based awards are dedicated to recognizing the outstanding products, talented individuals and development teams that have contributed to the advancement of the $30 billion worldwide entertainment software industry.

Interactive Achievement Award recipients are determined by a vote of qualified Academy members. As such, selection as an Interactive Academy award finalist or recipient represents the strongest possible peer recognition. No person may become a voting member of the Academy unless he or she can demonstrate a threshold level of experience and professional credits in the industry. Interactive Academy voting is secret, conducted on-line, and supervised and certified by our partners at E-Poll and The Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. The integrity of the system, coupled with a broad-based voting population of Academy members, make the Interactive Achievement Awards the most credible, respected and recognized awards for interactive entertainment software.

odd. Outstanding Character Performance - Male, but not female?

Cool beans. Im actually suprised it didnt get nominated for:

Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack
Outstanding Achievement in Original Musical Composition
Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design
Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play

nvrmor said:
odd. Outstanding Character Performance - Male, but not female?
They had to give the nod to Benson (Robert Guillaume) ;)

f|uke said:
Cool beans. Im actually suprised it didnt get nominated for:

Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play

:eek: Could you please explain why?

Chiefi said:
:eek: Could you please explain why?
HL2DM is one of the funnest MP experiences I've had in ages. Moving objects and physics in a MP game is definitly an outstanding achievement.

f|uke said:
HL2DM is one of the funnest MP experiences I've had in ages. Moving objects and physics in a MP game is definitly an outstanding achievement.

Okay. I'm not a big gamer so I can't say if the physics in MP is a first, but as a whole, DeathMatch is a really old concept and nothing too outstanding in my opinion. Although I still had a lot of fun playing it.

hmm. not nominated for downloadable game of the year either.

nvrmor said:
link here

Game of the Year
Computer Game of the Year
Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
Outstanding Character Performance - Male
Outstanding Achievement in Game Play Engineering
Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering
Outstanding Achievement in Game Design
Outstanding Achievement in Character or Story Development
Outstanding Innovation in Computer Gaming
First Person Action Game of the Year

The Eighth Annual Awards will be held in Las Vegas, Nevada on February 1st, 2005. These peer-based awards are dedicated to recognizing the outstanding products, talented individuals and development teams that have contributed to the advancement of the $30 billion worldwide entertainment software industry.

Interactive Achievement Award recipients are determined by a vote of qualified Academy members. As such, selection as an Interactive Academy award finalist or recipient represents the strongest possible peer recognition. No person may become a voting member of the Academy unless he or she can demonstrate a threshold level of experience and professional credits in the industry. Interactive Academy voting is secret, conducted on-line, and supervised and certified by our partners at E-Poll and The Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. The integrity of the system, coupled with a broad-based voting population of Academy members, make the Interactive Achievement Awards the most credible, respected and recognized awards for interactive entertainment software.
I think the AIAS has become a joke after their 2nd year. Just not taken too seriously like the Oscars for the movies or Grammy's for music yet.

Javert said:
I think the AIAS has become a joke after their 2nd year. Just not taken too seriously like the Oscars for the movies or Grammy's for music yet.

yeah half life losing to zelda was pretty lame, but aias is industry people voting like oscars, so its pretty much the only awards that really hold weight. i mean its not like a game site voting, most are bias or vote for political reasons, like gamespy giving halo2 goty, the only reason they did was becuase they trashed the original. i really dont care how many awards it recieves, its my goty, so it doesnt matter. although i'm sure valve likes it.

Why wasn't Far Cry nominated for anything? It was an outstanding game in many ways. It's a much better game than Doom 3, as far as gameplay goes. IMO, its lack of inclusion shows that these awards really aren't worth much.

HadouKen24 said:
Why wasn't Far Cry nominated for anything? It was an outstanding game in many ways. It's a much better game than Doom 3, as far as gameplay goes. IMO, its lack of inclusion shows that these awards really aren't worth much.

that is true.

HadouKen24 said:
I too concur. FarCry was the second best game of 2004.

Far Cry is not that good, IMO I just feel like I'm on a vacation rather than a fight for survival when I play FC :p Maybe it's just me.

CREMATOR666 said:
Far Cry is not that good, IMO I just feel like I'm on a vacation rather than a fight for survival when I play FC
Thats actually what I liked about it. The landscape was so lush and beautiful that I wanted to sit down and have a picnic.

(That, and the open-ended level design)

far cry pwned ass when it came, just totally worked through...

Back