Holy ****ing shit. Real life replicator.

Reginald

Reaction score
Coolest thing I have seen since... ever.

Link

Truly an innovation that would change the world, that’s what this is. It’s called “The Joy Concept” and it’s designed by Ali (Jeff) Jafari. Replicate a stack of plates, just like that, then just as fast turn them back into dust.

The genius of this project is in its ability to destroy dirty dishes. Yes! That’s what the main example explains. It uses a “rapidly developing future technology” called Claytronic which utilizes smart particles called “CATOMs.” These particles are able, with the Joy Concept, to create any dish or cutlery piece the user desires. Use that piece of food-related matter once, then return it to the Joy Concept panel. Once there, it returns the particles to the receptacle to be used again. And not only that, it turns the non-CATOMS to ash.

thejoyconcept02.jpg

I would spend unfathomable amounts of money on this.

Use that piece of food-related matter once, then return it to the Joy Concept panel. Once there, it returns the particles to the receptacle to be used again. And not only that, it turns the non-CATOMS to ash.

So don’t jam your hand in there!

Lawsuits. Lawsuits everywhere. :p

It's not a reality yet.

Also my cat just walked onto my Joy Concept. I take no joy in the result.

I don't need that shit. If I want my plates clean, I just shoot them with my phaser.

I have no problem with small objects made out of claytronics (such as the example here), but when people start proposing crazy things, like entire buildings made from this stuff, is the point where your asking for trouble.

I'm pretty pessimistic, but this just seems ridiculous.

Just turning food particles into ash requires either heating to burn it, or some kind of strong oxidant. But he claims to use "no chemicals." So presumably you're just burning your food off which is retarded.

Not to mention, creating what appears to be plastic dishes would require polymer technology which likely does NOT look like a flat screen.

Also, how can something "use" (in present tense) what he himself describes as a "rapidly developing future technology called Claytronic."

insta dildos and coffee mugs

You guys are talking about this thing as if it's real :|

So apparently researchers at the school I attend are attempting to create this "claytronics" stuff. So perhaps I should eat my words. However, they haven't finished making it work yet, but they've already made fairly misleading concept videos of it as if it already existed. Apparently the objects are to be made out of modular robots that are programmed to assemble themselves together.

[edit] yeah, what remus said above.

[edit2] That video further emphasizes my point about how these guys need to clarify what they have and what they don't have. For example, I believe the car-rising-from-screen is at this point non-existent technology, yet they present it as if it were real. With so much fictional stuff lumped together, I can't even tell if the beads changing color is a working technology they have or not.

With this unbelievable technology, we can create futuristic cars on the fly that look exactly like modern cars! GENIUS!

Car designs bore me. That's not what this thread is about, but I wanted to say it.

Also, the guy at the end of the video is going to get a claytronics blowjob.

Wouldn't something like this cost a shit load of money anyways?

It's not a reality yet.

Also my cat just walked onto my Joy Concept. I take no joy in the result.

I'm more interested in is Mass Fabricators. Originally it was to be 10 years off, but I'm putting my money on 20 years (for proper health and safety inspections, failsafes and redesigns)

The concept that I'm interested in is fabricators producing clothes and supplies for 3rd world countries

I can't even tell if the beads changing color is a working technology they have or not.

I think the only working technology were the large cylindrical robots with microcontrollers on top. The rest is fiction.

Actually from what I understand the changing color bit IS working technology. The biggest problem is miniaturisation, and of course the software to control the selfassembling of the particles.

Back