How about a Greg Coomer thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
To save Greg the heartache and pain of going to thousands of threads answering questions, why don't we use this thread as a place to ask him questions. Don't ask anything stupid, and Greg only answer if you want to! We love you anyway! My question is:

Have their been improvements made to source that you haven't told us about? Can we expect some engine surprises you've kept a secret? Or do we know everything about the engine, hl2, and all aspects surrounding the upcoming title? A simple yes or no will do! :D

Greg actually recently isin't available for comment, as he as been headcrabbed and has been gurgling menacingly for the last half-hour.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
Greg actually recently isin't available for comment, as he as been headcrabbed and is gurgling menacingly for the last half-hour

Baby Headcrabbed? :D

Babyheadcrab, good impression your giving Greg about the maturity level and quality of this site.;)

guinny said:
Babyheadcrab, good impression your giving Greg about the maturity level and quality of this site.;)

I honestly think making a thread for Greg to answer questions on is a bad idea.. he answers where he sees fit, sparingly. If you create a thread just for questions for him, than he'll get dozens of questions. It'll probably be worse than him reading the threads he sees fit

Ubisoft did something like this in the IGN forum. A representative answered all the "answerable" questions that made sense (e.g. NOT the release date like ;) ) for PoP2. This really cleared misconceptions and no one had to email employees and wait for ages to get answered (although valve answers pretty fast).

.....I think they greg is here to read through these threads and post.... not to jsut to answer outr list of questions.

but knowing my luck, he'll corect everyhting I said :)

My thoughts exactly, Side :) If he wants to answer, that's cool.

Clearly Greg is only posting here to be our slave, and to answer all our questions in a giant thread o' Greg!

That's why i said greg can answer whatever he wants he doesn't haveta do anything. We can only hope. So start asking! ;)

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
Clearly Greg is only posting here to be our slave, and to answer all our questions in a giant thread o' Greg!

Wrong, he's mine!

Anyway, I'm sure he's very busy (at least I hope so ;)) and doesn't want to get flooded with silly questions that we already know the answers to or those that can't be answered yet :)

Greg: Which Doritos flavor do you prefer "Cooler Ranch" or "Nacho Cheesier" or are you more of a Fritos Man?

I just wanna know if there's still surprises or if we know everything there is to know about the engine. :(

I seriously doubt we know "Everything There Is To Know" (Or ETITK, as I like to call it, when these things come up) about the engine.

i'm not even sure greg will bother responding here :|

Please continue to fight over how to ask me questions. It makes me feel special.

Will there be surprises? Yes.
Doritos flavor: Nacho Cheesier.

Can you answer this one?

Will there be drivable boats in the game?

I've always been a Nacho Cheesier fan myself Greg, I tend to eat more then I should though :O

Heres a good question about Half-Life 2 though, Are you still playtesting, are people still coming to play through (observed) so you can make changes? or is this stage over?

greg, i dont want details, but have you personally played all the way through hl2 yet?

greg, thanks for responding, and on the dorritos note, cooler ranch man

since game sellers like wal-mart and eb-games already have release dates for hl2, are they just estimations or what?

Whats the situation on HDR? Will it be a graphical option in the game as it ships or will it come later via Steam (I read on here somewhere that the latter may be a possibility...)?

Whoa.. Greg is the coolest Valve dude ever, paying attention to us and stuff! :D

I've got a question: Is there anything in HL2 or any decision on the subject you didn't agree with/didn't like ? Like, you had a better idea for an enemy/weapon or such?
If it's possible, non-spoiler stuff, could you specify a little?

i agree harij, i was thinking only yesterday how annoyingly tight lipped valve are being, then we get our own valve employee to harass! nice job greg :D

If Greg wants to answer, that's his decision. But if this is going to be a question thread, I'd like you all to keep it to questions, please.

Thanks for the answer Greg. I hope you were talking engine wise not story wise, everyone knows story wise theres gonna be tons of surprises! :D

Hi Greg,
Thanks for coming to this forum. We have a variety of levels of maturity at this site, but overall it's 10x better here than elsewhere. Just ignore people who are hateful or don't make any sense.

[1]
There's been a rumor over at HLS/HLR that the game would be sent to Vivendi in 2 weeks, then published before the fall. We already know the game is supposed to be released before the fall (aka summer), but the 2-week info is rather suspicious. Gabe already said that info was "not from us"(us=valve), but many didn't believe my email. Could you just verify publicly that this “2-week info” isn’t from valve?

[2]
There have been rumors (namely in magazines) that [1] buildings are fully destructible, [2]entire buildings can catch fire in non-scripted ways, and [3] terrain is deformable (ex: explosives). Can you confirm/deny any of these?

[3]
These images were extracted from the tunnels bink video and the 2004 E3 strider video. There was a small debate on whether or not these were the same guns, so all I’m looking for is a confirmation that they’re different guns (no additional info needed).
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23929&

Thanks! I understand the limitations of your ability to answer questions, so I won’t be offended if you skip any questions.

1. What is your job at Valve?
2. What's up?
3. Will there be holster animations in HL2?

Abom said:
If Greg wants to answer, that's his decision. But if this is going to be a question thread, I'd like you all to keep it to questions, please.
Please don't make me quote myself again. If Greg wants to do something like this, then we need to what he thinks first. Otherwise, this thread is pretty redundant.

Hey Greg,

Two quick questions.

(1) Do you guys at valve check boards like hl2.net regularly? Do you get any feedback that gets used in the game?
(2) Is it possible to change the HUD Opacity so I won't have to worry about burn-in on my CRT projector?

Thanks, oh and thank Gabe for me about the poster!

Questions:
Apos 1. Are there MP gametypes we have yet to hear about (we've already heard about all the ports of old content, and obviously about the possibility of sequels to all the official mods)?
Apos 2. Does Source support terrorism?
Apos 3. On valvesoftware.com, it says that you helped name the company Valve. Is there a story behind this that you can expand upon? Also, what was the one project Valve has ever cancelled that you led? When will Akzidenz-Grotesk ever be released?

you guys know this is alot of questions for one dude with alot of work to do anyway to answer right? \:

For the third time, pay attention, he doesn't have to answer them all, hell he doesn't have to answer any of them. It's just if he feels like answering any of them, it'll give us some more insight, don't expect too much, the guy has a life.

bAbYhEaDcRaB said:
you guys know this is alot of questions for one dude with alot of work to do anyway to answer right? \:

Maybe he doesn't have work to do wink wink nudge nudge :cheese:

Anyways, I know he doesn't HAVE to answer them, they'll just be here and he can choose whatever he wants.

I have some questions for Greg, if he wants to answer them, that is. I was wondering if there was any ETA on the HL2 benchmark? Is it still going to be coming out before the game ships?

EDIT: Also, will HL2 ship with bot support for multiplayer? Or was bot AI not a priority?

My question:

Do you realise what you have let yourself in for by replying to this thread?

:p

disruptioN_ said:
I wonder how many of these questions Greg will actually answer.

Only the bland and boring ones. About nacho's and other nonsense. :rolling:

What things that you did'nt get to put into HL did you get to put into HL2?

How did you get into the games industry?

How did you get into valve?

Could you take some more pics of the actual valve building because it looks hella cool :D

And for the boring and inane question: Why didnt you guys get onto boards sooner and clear up alot of misinformation floating around about valve?

maybe Greg will only answer personal questions (i.e. Doritos preference). SO, on that note:

Greg, does the TP roll in your bathroom roll forward(tp tears off from the front) or backward(tp tears off from the back of the roll)?

Greg, Coke or Pepsi?

Greg, do you sleep with your socks on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back