How about a Greg Coomer thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we still playtesting?
Yes. Usually at least a couple people a week come by to test different aspects of the game.

Have you personally played all the way through HL2?
Yep. But it's been a while. I should play through again soon.

Should I trust retailer X's specific release date?
Probably not.

There's a rumor that Valve is relasing the game in 2 weeks!?
I've reached my limit of release date comments for the day. :)

Are buildings in HL2 fully descructible? Like, can I burn them all down?
Well, no.

Do you guys read boards like hl2.net regularly?
Yeah, we all do, but especially Marc Laidlaw. The poor guy's addicted. (Hi, Marc!)

Can people change the HL2 HUD opacity?
Not currently, but I think that'd be cool. I do much of the HUD stuff, so I'll look into that.

What did you not get to put into HL that you did get to put into HL2?
My top 3: Vehicles, lots of attention to the overall art-direction of the game world, & female characters. :)

Apos, good questions. Can't get to them right now, though.

Hi, Hired-Gun. It's been a while. I owe you some photos.

Who the hell sleeps with their socks on?

Greg, who would win in an arm wrestle? Yahn or Doug?

Ah, Greg, what a good guy :cheers:

My only question, will there by geometry detail settings in HL2? We've seen the same scene in two different forms of media (barricade scene released prior to E3 via screenshot, and the same scene in the E32K4 HL2 trailer), one was higher geometry, while the other had basic block-shaped buildings.

..which, leads to an extension of this question. Have all of the HL2 screenshots been of varying detail settings? They don't seem consistent..

Greg Coomer said:
Have you personally played all the way through HL2?
Yep. But it's been a while. I should play through again soon.

So the game has been completed for a while?....

I had so much respect for Valve until I found out they hired people that prefer Nacho Cheesier over Cooler Ranch. I don't think I'm going to buy the HL2 Collector's Edition anymore.

To redeem yourself, what is your favorite flavor of Pringles? You do eat Pringles, right? If you answer this incorrectly I won't play any of the HL2 expansions or Source ports.

... and if you double dip I won't buy any game that runs on the Source engine, period.

So when is Akzidenz-Grotesk being released? :)

Well, notice that he didn't DENY that Source supports terrorism. Call the FBI!!!

Greg, keep in mind Cutey_Kaite is NOT a female. It's a guy ;)

Thanks for answering my question.

Maybe someday when i work in the industry we will meet :D

Do you keep tabs on some of independant HL2 mods? I would *cough* my site but the server and database seem to be having wobbeler moment.

But if you where at the office at the time my MOD leader visited you guys. Beakshy his alias is.

Anyways....Are you guys finalizing work on the HLMV and the Valve XSI tools?

Seriously, quit the stupid questions/spamming guys.. we don't want to see this thread get closed because of the random idiocy questions (case in point, The Thing/Cutey_Kaite's questions) :|

Is the man with a valve coming out of the back of his head (the one in your avatar) a sumo wrestler?

(looks at above post)

Errmm...shite......any price range for the collecters edition?

Oh oh oh!!

Serious question that NEEDS answering!!!

What on earth are the easter eggs in the E3 2003 Videos...

Its been bugging me for a whole year damnit!!! :p

Is the testing that is currently going on mostly about balancing and tweaking the levels, or is it mostly focused on finding and squashing little green bugs and glitches?

greg, have you ever worked on any other companies outside of valve?

tokin said:
What photos does he owe you Hired-Gun?

Mmm that will be a well kept secret for some time like the HL2 release date :cheese:

did he promise you TF2 pictures or something?

yea, really, what are you and our friend greg up to?
wait, do you have a build of tf2, are you a tester for hl2????

TELL US!!!

yeah man, don't hold out, that's nasty...

My question for Greg, what made the level of physical simulation so important in the design process? What made Valve want to promote that so much?

wow... I thought he wasn't going to answer questions. Thank you and good job Greg!
...and to stay on topic heres my question if you want to answer it: Will the physgun be in the final game? :dozey:

The main question greg, what everyone wants to know. The big shubang, the thing we just need damnit! Give us your ruffest estimate of when half life 2 will be done. (besides summer)

give into peer pressure and tells us damn you! buckle buckle!

Grimresfa said:
The main question greg, what everyone wants to know. The big shubang, the thing we just need damnit! Give us your ruffest estimate of when half life 2 will be done. (besides summer)

give into peer pressure and tells us damn you! buckle buckle!

i highly highly highly doubt that he'll answer that b/c he's already stated that he's not in the mood to do release date questions

mr.six said:
Erik Johnson has assured me that the released version of HL2 will have non-death related ragdoll/animations for characters. ie if you shoot some bloke but he doesnt die, he will still react to being shot- like in farcry.

dunno if this has already been confirmed but im so happy i just thought you lot would want to know

Mr. Greg. Can you confirm this?

This is silly. Give the guy a break. He'll reply when he wants to. Greg can't answer 96.2% of the questions you guys ask anyway. If you really wanna know stuff, e-mail Valve and put it in the thread like we have been, or wait till Greg comments on a thread himself. This thread really has no use because he can't give us any more info then we already have.

How about a new "Can you confirm this Greg?" thread?

Will the physgun be in the final game?

You should be clearer about what you mean: this is the gun that was only ever seen in the "tech demo" video from 2003: the one with the line that was used almost like a crane to pick up and drop stuff and move it around. Also, we want to know a) whether it's in the game itself or 2) whether it's at least included along with the game so that mod makers can easily use it or drop it into a mod.

Greg you are a programmer right? If so then I have a question for you:

What sort of experience (programming experience) should be gaind during university period? In other word, what languages are/is to get me a job like your one?

Many thanks

Sai said:
greg, have you ever worked on any other companies outside of valve?

He had his own user-interface company (?) and worked for Microsoft and Nintendo.

Cut the excuses to spam or I'll lock this you know who you are (not directed at Six Three or those being sensible)

Im Just Wondering How Many Vehicles Will Be Included But I Guess Thats A Spoiler Or???....Thanx For Answering our questions :p

Greg,what kind of work or part of Half-Life did you do,and what did you like best with Half life?

Hmm if you guys (valve) have time to post in fourms..... (sort of like "stating the obvious") :cheers:

About freakin time to! :upstare: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back