How do you beat GLaDOS?

R

Rizzlerod

I'm tearing my freakin' hair out. I'm sure it's the easiest thing in the world. I feel like a jerk off. Someone, please. HEEEELLLLPPPP!!!!

Don't feel bad mate. It took me a minute or so to realise that nothing else was gonna happen.

Utilise the rocket ;)

Tried the rocket

I used the portals to direct the rocket at GLaDOS. It hits her, and a every time, the same thing happens: A piece of her, not unlike the one you dump in the incinerator, flys off, and get's magnetized to the wall, making it immovable. What am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. Just use the training you've been given, get up there and grab it. You didn't go through all those levels for nothing. Even if it's been magnetised to the wall you can still take it off.

I used the portals to direct the rocket at GLaDOS. It hits her, and a every time, the same thing happens: A piece of her, not unlike the one you dump in the incinerator, flys off, and get's magnetized to the wall, making it immovable. What am I doing wrong?

They should be movable, you need to throw them into the incinerator.

Step one: Make a linked portal between the booth with the button to the fire hatch in the back of the room. Then leave the eye/node/whatever near the hatch enter booth press button run to portal pick up Eye/Node/whatever and drop in hatch.
Step Two: Make a portal in the middle of the wall next to the missile turret with one portal above the other then line up the lazer sight to hit the AI to blow off another eye then repeat step one.

First eye just drops to the floor under AI.
Second eye lands on pipes you need to portal to (easy).
Third eye lands on platform over AI you have to sling to it.
Forth eye flouts in med air, just place a portal high on the wall close to it and drop down and try to grab it as you fall.

-The End-

this is the ending scene spoiler
I wish you didn't die from the looks of it, WANT SEQUEL!

Really, the first "official" part of the game was just a training exercise for the post-fire part of the game. You just have to use what GLaDOS taught you to do in order to kill her ;)

Thanks dudes

Hahaha, ah yes, the "use" button. Haven't pulled that one out in a while. Seems to have done the trick. Thanks dudes.

how did you get that far, without the 'use' button?

Another case solved.

Thread moved to Portal help forum.

Back