How many proposed mods are there?

derby

Reaction score
I kinda want to know but I don't feel like counting. I know some of you here have too much time. First correct answer wins nothing!

There are alot of mods... but the most of then wont even be close to beta stage... it's take hell of a time and interest for coding,modeling, artwork and mapping... :)

Yepp, its no walk in the park :)

Edit: I can see it coming..."My mod will be released! We have a great team! I have a great idea! I will give all my moneh to Majestic!

More mods = less boardem!!!, have a spelt that right ?, ah well, as if anyone's gonna correct me :dozey: :cheese:

78 Total Announced Half Life 2 mods. This information is according to the Moddb Toplist.

Originally posted by simmo2k3
More mods = less boardem!!!, have a spelt that right ?, ah well, as if anyone's gonna correct me :dozey: :cheese:

Boredom. :dork:

Originally posted by CC2 United
78 Total Announced Half Life 2 mods. This information is according to the Moddb Toplist.

And we will see like...1-3 of them released :)

Well, how many mods were planned for HL1 4 months prior to the release? probably none.
I think Were going to see the number of HL2 mods outnumber HL1 mods in a fairly short amount of time.
And I'd say the moddb number of 78 is unrealisticly low. They only accept mods at moddb that have some sort of proof that they are makning it. Right now I'll bet theres a bunch of hl2 mods being planned out right now by people who are waiting for the release of HL2 before they get started at all.

Yeah... we had to put a site up at first, before.... but we have been in development for some time..... methinks teh multiplayer mods will be the ones that die on their feet...

There are a lot of mods for HL2 and it will be interesting to see which ones survive the test of time.
A lot of mod teams have simply thought of an idea and just put it up on moddb which isn't hard to do.
I do agree though that more mods means more exciting and different ways to play online or single player games.
The mod I'm working will come out, we have a great team, we have some great ideas :dozey: lol

There are alot of mods... but the most of then wont even be close to beta stage... it's take hell of a time and interest for coding,modeling, artwork and mapping...

Hey thats very true. But isnt it also true for HL1, UT2k3, JK2, MOHAA, SOF2, Voyager Elite force, Serious sam 2, Postal2, Unreal2, RTCW, etc...

HL1 Is a bit unique in that group, since its the easiest and quickest to mod and has been around the longest, but people make mods for all of those and much more. HL2 is probably going to become the new king for modding just like HL1 has been. And I think were going to pull over some of UT2K3 modders and almost all of the Unreal2 modders.

Don't go by the Toplist necessarily because there are HL2 related websites on them, not just mods.

Even every mod doesn't sign up with modDB anyways, even though the majority do.

Back