HOWTO : Get The Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator (Blue Gravity Gun)

Edge

Reaction score
This is asked over and over again daily but it is quite simple. Hopefully this will help those struggling to find the answer. There have been many mentions of the process but nothing clear and simple for everyone.

The weapon is actually named the "Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator" or Blue Gravity Gun for short :)
"The gravity gun has been inadvertently changed. The flux capacitors were manipulated by Combine technology to allow both organic and inorganic materials to be manipulated."

The entity is weapon_superphyscannon but it cannot be created manually such as the other weapons.

Getting the Blue Gravity Gun
Load HL2 using the -console switch
Open the Console
Type the following, map d3_citadel_03
Once you have the Blue Gravity Gun you can now change to any level in the game and keep the Blue Gravity Gun.

Using the "map" command however will not allow you to keep the Blue Gravity Gun. You must use the "changelevel" command.

In the console use the "changelevel" command to switch to the level of your choice. To start the game at the beginning with the Blue Gravity Gun use the following command. "changelevel d1_trainstation_01"

Interesting things to know regarding the Blue Gravity Gun
Grabbing or Blasting some friendly NPCs will create a corpse but the NPC will still exist. So you can pull 20's corpses out of the two guys on the train hehe.

DON'T ATTEMPT TO PICK UP VEHICLES. The sand buggy and combine vehicles will screw up the game if not crash it if you attempt to pick them up with the Blue Gravity Gun. Disable vehicles will not cause any issues.

Other console commands to know.
GOD - You do not take any damage
NOTARGET - Enemies will not attack you
NOCLIP - You will not clip on terrain/structures.
IMPULSE 101 - Give all weapons and ammo
IMPULSE 82 - Spawn a sand buggy
IMPULSE 83 - Spawns an AirBoat

Other command line switches to know.
-dev - Enables developer features and spits out verbose messages.
-heapsize 512000 - Will allocate 512MB to HL2
-dxlevel 81 - Forces DirectX 8.1

I am including a save game file that has the Blue Gravity Gun, God Mode Enabled, All Weapons, No Target Enabled on d3_citadel_05. You can then use "changelevel d1_trainstation_01"
to start at the beginning with the BLue Gravity Gun.

This is very easy to achieve but I know alot of you are lazy. So I have done it for you and made a save game file. Just place this in your \half-life 2\hl2\SAVE folder. Once loaded you can then changelevel (NOT MAP) to whatever level you desire and create your own save game where ya like.

Enjoy! :cheers:

yay for lazy people, they make my life easyer (I intend to take over the world)

ya know, a lot of people have made a thread about howto get it and saying the exact same thing as you in saying "I'm clearing things up for anybody that wants to know so they won't make new threads about it"
so, in a sense, what you are doing is ironic.

DrkBlueXG said:
ya know, a lot of people have made a thread about howto get it and saying the exact same thing as you in saying "I'm clearing things up for anybody that wants to know so they won't make new threads about it"
so, in a sense, what you are doing is ironic.

I have not seen many threads going into detail but rather several mentions in threads on other topics. I have never seen someone post a save game that starts you with the Blue Gravity Gun.

I am not sure why the negative response. The post was detailed and informative.

Edge said:
I am not sure why the negative response. The post was detailed and informative.
I didn't mean for it to be negative, sorry.
Good post anyways. :burp:

Clavius said:
Now you can throw people at bottles.

If you load up coast_05 you can throw huge boulders!!! Nothing like throwing cars and stuff at people :)

..change the title into "How to get the UPGRADED Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator (Blue Gravity Gun) " or whatever because the zero point energy field manipulator is the name for the orange version as well...

Nice post Edge!

I've encountered an additional problem using the super gravity gun: enemies and their weapons seem to disappear when you have the super gravity gun in your possession, even when you kill them with another weapon. This resulted into a script error in the level where you get the bugbait. The ant lion guard vanished after being killed and so the vortigaunt couldn't get any bugbait from it. From there the script froze and I had to noclip through the level.

Other people also reported that the game freaks out when you get the HEV suit. I haven't tried this myself, but the level right after you get the HEV suit is d1_trainstation_06. You might want to skip to that level when you're supposed to take the HEV suit.

The super gravity gun duplicates friendly NPCs but leaves the main game charachters alone :) It also duplicates turrets and those magnetic balls, so no option to catch them.

Edge said:
Other command line switches to know.
-dev - Enables developer features and spits out verbose messages.
Developer features such as?

DeltaBlast said:
..change the title into "How to get the UPGRADED Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator (Blue Gravity Gun) " or whatever because the zero point energy field manipulator is the name for the orange version as well...

Ok the title states (Blue Gravity Gun) and getting the Orange Gravity Gun can be obtained in game by using the impulse 101 command. Thank you for the suggestion but I don't see the need.

affen said:
Nice post Edge!
It also duplicates turrets and those magnetic balls, so no option to catch them.

Thank you :)

Yeah I encountered the magnetic ball thing last night. Looked like some crazy Matrix stuff hehe freaked me out. I accidently lifted my buggy trying to catch those balls... CRASH! hehe oops

el Chi said:
Developer features such as?

Try it an find out :)

You will see the AI scripting realtime and the environment variables as they execute. Not useful but interesting nonetheless.

Do we get this Blue grav gun in the game without any console commands or is it only trough the console?
I am still driving the airboat.

Pulsar said:
Do we get this Blue grav gun in the game without any console commands or is it only trough the console?

I guess this thread is a big spoiler... yes you get it later in the game

Pulsar said:

Actually you don't get it via the console either. It is something you can only get IN GAME. Which is why you (via the console) switch to the map which you have the Blue Gravity Gun and then switch back to earlier levels to retain it.

aeroripper said:
I guess this thread is a big spoiler... yes you get it later in the game

I was thinking I should maybe specify this was a spoiler of sorts but after seeing the many threads discussing the existence of this weapon I figured it was a safe bet most people knew about it as well as the HL2 Bink videos. Not much of a spoiler if you have been on this forums for the past week :)

The_Monkey said:
Not fair! I can't get the console down!

Check in your options -> keyboard -> advanced if the developers console option is activated.

If so and you still can't get the console down, do the following:
- open config.cfg with notepad in your \Valve\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2\hl2\cfg directory
- you will see the following line: bind "\" "toggleconsole" ; add the following line beneath it: bind "u" "toggleconsole" . This way you will be able to open the console with the 'u' button. You can change this button to your choice, but some buttons may cause troubles with launching the game. The 'u' button works perfect for me.
- Save the config.cfg file and launch the game. If you now press u during the game, the console will open and you'll be able to play with the super gravity gun.

It's recommended not to try this until you've finished the game! It's more fun the first time to play the game like it's meant to be played!

Is their something wrong with my game, because when i played the last two levels, the upgraed gravity gun was white? Is it supposed to be blue?

Kit_Froggy said:
Is their something wrong with my game, because when i played the last two levels, the upgraed gravity gun was white? Is it supposed to be blue?

Well, it's a combination of blue-white :) Maybe your brightness is set too high :)

instead of putting the can in the trash can,
now we can put the combine in th trash can.

If you can save the state of having the manipulator in another level then it must be a command.

Time to look in the saves.

"targetname" "global_newgame_spawner_physcannon"
"angles" "0 270 0"
"classname" "weapon_physcannon"
}

hmmm?

azz0r said:
Time to look in the saves.

I am not able to view the save files in Notepad or Textpad so I assume they are encrypted. How are you able to view the save files?

Also note the weapon entity is weapon_superphyscannon so weapon_physcannon would be the "Orange" version of the grav gun.

azz0r said:
Use wordpad.

Yeah it is a bunch of ASCII in my Wordpad as well. I find several references to super_phys_gun and superphyscannon but nothing that looks pertinent.

Yup because somewhere is a variable which allows the physgun for the level.

If only there was a way to remove all the squares and garble text.

azz0r, just wait for the full sdk, as i do believe it is a scripted event, mayde there will be a script editor (if not then I am stupid and dont mind me)

BUMP.. this question is coming around again as more people buy the game.

some how to get the manipulator have been made but not as much detail as urs, nice work ;)

Hi first post :), this doesnt work for me and I can't see the save file :(

Please help!

Thanks!

cool, the rise of the dead threads.

its been 3 months old you know.

This is nice and all, but this is just hacking. I want to know how to actually do it. Iv'e tried setting physcannon_megacannon to 1 but that didn't seem to do anything. Maybe i had to do other things with that in a specific order or something.

Back