Huge TF2 Update - Australian Christmas, Medieval Mode & More!

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]
It seems TF2 will be bringing us a Christmas event this year with a huge update! You can check out the featured Australian Christmas page here which outlines the major updates such as Medieval Mode, festive keys, new hats & stamps. The entire list of changes can be seen here, the main talking points being...[br]

Added Medieval Mode, a game mode where players are restricted to using olde weapons.[br]
'Your Eternal Reward' & Natascha changes.[br]
Added 'The Medi-eval Medic', 'The Hibernating Bear', and 'The Expert's Ordnance' item sets (see image above).[br]
13 new weapons of medieval origin.[br]
20 new hats![br]
Added ability for players to donate money directly to the creators of their favorite community maps.[br]
Increased backpack size by 100 slots & other various fixes and tweaks.

And thus a reason to reinstall has presented itself.
Shit.

http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php

Medic bonesaw heals everyone around you when you taunt and has no downside.
Demoman grenade launcher apparently has 1.6 grenades in its clip.
Scout bat hurts you if you miss your attack.

Just some highlights.

Christmas keys are 2.50..?

Come on Valve.

Don't do this. I'm losing faith more rapidly than I did with SOE.

I want that spy hat and demo set. None of the new sets need a hat btw.

I can confirm the the medieval map is insanely ****ing fun.

The bonesaw heal downside is that the medic can't move and is vulnerable, surely?

Seems incredibly "meh" to me, a melee-only mode that was a mod on just about every 2fort instaspawn server in the first place.

The bonesaw heal downside is that the medic can't move and is vulnerable, surely?
Ah, no because the new bonesaw has a new ability that you can choose to use or not use with down downside. There is no gameplay reason not to use the bonesaw if you already have this. At all.

MAGAZINE. It's not a clip, it's a MAGAZINE.
Take it up with Valve, they call it a clip.

Medieval mode seems fun enough.
Much like a sillier Age of Chivalry.

I could see it being a hit with bigger maps featuring siege equipment and the like.

Tried it, it's incredibly gimmicky and gets boring fast.

kinda like knives only in CS

Was hoping Valve would be generous and let us open the festive crates for free.

how do you find medieval mod maps/servers?
Servers running cp_degrootkeep will have it on by default.

Was hoping Valve would be generous and let us open the festive crates for free.
Yeah left a bitter taste in my mouth too, but I'm ignoring it in favour of playing Medieval Mode.

Fun fact, if the server is running Medieval Mode you can enable third person without it being classified as a cheat. Just use:
tf_medieval_thirdperson 1

"Better hold on to the festive crates, there'll be a way to open them later."

For $2.50.

Merry Christmas, TF2 players!

-Fatass Gabe

There's no difference is there?

there is
a magazine is what most modern guns use, clips are mostly for older rifles like the M1. people who get annoyed at silly things like to point out the error in using the word clip.

I just got the new medic saw... how much range does it have, and how much healing does it do per taunt?

I just got the new medic saw... how much range does it have, and how much healing does it do per taunt?
TF2wiki info here:

Range: 450 Units

The healing effect upon taunting has the same range as the Soldier's Buff Banner and will affect all allies inside of it's radius, showing as a team-colored aura around them. However, it seems to require a direct Line of Sight (it does not seem to work through walls, as the Buff Banner does). If an ally stays in range of the effect for the entire taunt duration, he will regain ~100 HP. The taunt cant [[overheal] or charge the Uebercharge, though. (This is may, like the Medigun, related to taken damage, though, and needs further testing)

"Better hold on to the festive crates, there'll be a way to open them later."

For $2.50.

Merry Christmas, TF2 players!

-Fatass Gabe
It's pretty much total bullshit. I didn't mine too much about the crates but christ above it's supposed to be a christmas event! Rather unhappy with this side of the update, but I'm focusing on the good side of the update.

I actually found a jag by random drop and got a "stocking stuffer key" for free! I don't feel totally cheated!

Back