Hyperbole and a Half is back after several year hiatus

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2013/05/pre-post-transition-post.html

If, at any point over the last eighteen months, you've wondered what was happening to me and why it might be happening, my post tomorrow should explain everything.

I've been working on it for the better part of a year (partly because I wanted to get it exactly right, and partly because I was still experiencing it while attempting to explain it, which made things weird), and I'm relieved and excited and scared to finally be able to post it.

At this point, you're all probably wondering what is it? What's in the post?? Is it airplanes? And no, it unfortunately has very little to do with airplanes.* It's a sort of sequel to my post about depression. It is also about depression. In parts, it might get a little flinch-y and uncomfortable, and if I succeed in making you laugh during those parts, you're going to feel real weird about yourselves. But it's okay. Just let it happen. I WANT it to happen. Because it makes me feel powerful, and also because there are flinch-y, uncomfortable things everywhere. Seeing them is inevitable. If we can laugh about some of them, maybe they'll be less scary to look at.

here is that post:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

Jesus, almost 3 thousand comments already. Didn't realize she had such a huge following.

Happy to see another post by her. Pretty sobering article, especially having not experienced anything like that myself. Hopefully the worst of it is behind her.

I read the first one not too long ago, great follow-up post, too. I've been there and she explains it very well.

Also can't just have been me that actually started lolling at the part about her laughing at the piece of corn. I'm actually still chuckling.

I never really understood what people suffering from depression went through until reading this, I'm glad she shared her experience and look forward to future content from her.

Back