i aint no hollaback girl

Has this thread mentioned builders? They're not being 'forward'. They're slacking off work and letting down the economy. ****ing wolf-whistling builder shits.

I understand that you don't like this, you have every right not to. But come on, how often does it really happen?

From time to time some random homeless person will yell profanities at me when I'm downtown. I don't like that either. But I'm not about get a group of powerful board members together and start a foundation. I simply ignore it.

Heh, it does happen and it's scary. My girlfriend usually has to work very late nights, and when she does come back to her car sometimes creepy dudes will say obnoxious, borderline "I'm going to rape" you remarks. Like for example, one night this guy walked past her and was like "Wat's yo name Beautifulll" and she just kept walking and he was like "AYE AYE YEAH **** YOU BEETCHH". Shit like that is really scary man. Another time I was at a candy store, and this attractive woman came in, and this creepy ass ghetto employee approached her, biting his lip in a "dat asssss" sort of way. And he was like "Hey gurl, can I uhhh, help youu" and she was like "uh, no thanks" and he was blatantly looking her up and down to show that "YEAH I FIND YOU HOT". Seriously, dudes are obnoxious dicks.

Whenever I'm in a state of pondering, thinking of the differences between men and women, and how they affect each's behaviors, I always wonder how much it affects women to be so sexualized by nearly everybody. I mean, I am absolutely not surprised by the prevalence of stuff like this, if you observe people on a busy street or a crowd you see it everywhere. One of my ultra-creepy hobbies is to just go out to some public place, bring/buy a lunch, and just sit somewhere watching people. You see guys check out women's asses all the time as they walk past. It happens, A LOT. If a group of guys walk past a girl you can see the lot of them check her out and when shes past them they make remarks like "DAAAAMN" and motioning to their chests and laughing their asses off. One of the (many) reasons I have a hard time befriending people is because so many talk about women in really despicable ways. I mean, its not as bad as hollering at women, but even people civilized enough to not shout their perversions at women on the street still definitely think them. Its pretty ****ed up.

But the high occurrence of overt sexual demeaning that women are raised with always makes me wonder what sort of impact it has on their behavior and mentality. I mean, as a guy who has never really has such experiences, I have no idea what its like to just accept that as something thats just going to happen to you. I mean, how do you deal with that? If some mother****er is scoping your body on the bus for like half an hour, you'd have to feel pretty gross afterwards. Even just in passing, having a guy "check you out" must be awful. Thats gotta have an affect on the psyche after getting that for practically your entire life.

In short, bitches be crazy... due to men being pigs.

What was really frightening for me was when I realized that pretty much every guy that looks me up and down is stronger than me. I just feel so powerless sometimes.

My mom says she hooked up with my Dad because she thought she could take him, if necessary.

EDIT: But you're making me consider that she was being honest, not joking.

This thread turned out to be hilarious. Great job you fat assnecks.

1241401223255.jpg

For **** sake.

Yes, some men are creeps and act retarded. But don't start all this "ooh people are so ****ed up, they check out beutiful girls on the bus! THE HUMANITY!!!" So women don't do that? Is it disgusting if a man just looks at a woman now? **** you bullshit Feminism, I'm all for equality and that women should be safe outside and not have to worry about being raped, but this is some ****ed up shit right here. That's not what feminism is about anymore. It's like all men everywhere now should have to pay becouse women in the past have had though times.

Whenever I'm in a state of pondering, thinking of the differences between men and women, and how they affect each's behaviors, I always wonder how much it affects women to be so sexualized by nearly everybody. I mean, I am absolutely not surprised by the prevalence of stuff like this, if you observe people on a busy street or a crowd you see it everywhere. One of my ultra-creepy hobbies is to just go out to some public place, bring/buy a lunch, and just sit somewhere watching people. You see guys check out women's asses all the time as they walk past. It happens, A LOT. If a group of guys walk past a girl you can see the lot of them check her out and when shes past them they make remarks like "DAAAAMN" and motioning to their chests and laughing their asses off. One of the (many) reasons I have a hard time befriending people is because so many talk about women in really despicable ways. I mean, its not as bad as hollering at women, but even people civilized enough to not shout their perversions at women on the street still definitely think them. Its pretty ****ed up.

But the high occurrence of overt sexual demeaning that women are raised with always makes me wonder what sort of impact it has on their behavior and mentality. I mean, as a guy who has never really has such experiences, I have no idea what its like to just accept that as something thats just going to happen to you. I mean, how do you deal with that? If some mother****er is scoping your body on the bus for like half an hour, you'd have to feel pretty gross afterwards. Even just in passing, having a guy "check you out" must be awful. Thats gotta have an affect on the psyche after getting that for practically your entire life.

You don't check out attractive women that walk by you? What are you? A gay fish? I don't think women have a problem with the fact guys might find them attractive, in fact I would gues many of them feel good about that. I think the problem is with actual harassment.

That's not what feminism is about anymore.
Oh... so Germaine Greer is dead and you're in charge now? I mean, I can't say I'm not very happy she's gone, but I am surprised at her choice of successor.
I don't think women have a problem with the fact guys might find them attractive
The biggest problem with this thread is that the guys here seem to think they're entitled to an opinion about what the thought processes of the 3.5 Billion people they don't biologically resemble. In the absence of the sound basis of experience, all you can do is come to a conclusion based on stereotyping and possibly plain old prejudice. That's a little silly, but not entirely out of character with the 'alien species' hypothesis that most HL2.net threads about women usually run with.

^ So you have a problem with the fact that guys may or may not find you attractive?

Being introduced to a man and seeing his eyes flick up and down your body critically before he even looks at your face or shakes your hand = disgusting and creepy
And even so this is not what this thread is about. It's about strangers shouting things at you in the street.

To all the people who don't understand, imagine this man randomly declaring his want to **** you in the middle of the street:
kimboslice022.jpg

Because the strength difference between you and him will often be the same as what a these men will be to the women they are harassing.

oh, OH, SO IT'S A BLACK THING NOW, I SEE

God, GOD, this ****ING THREAD.

/signals for KA

Dooooo somethinnnngg!

oh, OH, SO IT'S A BLACK THING NOW, I SEE
I googled "intimidating man." This was the first result. It's not the fact that he's black you idiot. It's the fact that he's shouting at you he wants to grope you or have sex with you, and that he ****ing could if he actually wanted to and you couldn't stop him.

I googled "intimidating man." This was the first result. It's not the fact that he's black you idiot. It's the fact that he's shouting at you he wants to grope you or have sex with you, and that he ****ing could if he actually wanted to and you couldn't stop him.

Oh you could stop him.

9mmd2.jpg

It only takes one, and if someone tried forcefully, it would be self defense.

I know he was joking. Doesn't change the fact that he was totally dismissing my point.

Oh you could stop him.

9mmd2.jpg

It only takes one, and if someone tried forcefully, it would be self defense.
If you carry a loaded gun on you at all times you have some serious problems.

I know he was joking. Doesn't change the fact that he was totally dismissing my point.

If you carry a loaded gun on you at all times you have some serious problems.

So you believe what the media tells you now?

Concealed carry is legal with the proper licenses and people do use it more often then you'd think.

If you carry a loaded weapon, that doesn't mean you have serious problems. And to think that then you must be seriously stupid.

Concealed carry is legal with the proper licenses and people do use it more often then you'd think.

If you carry a loaded weapon, that doesn't mean you have serious problems. And to think that then you must be seriously stupid.
If have reason to carry a firearm at all times you must have serious problems with security.

If you don't have reason to carry a gun and you do you have serious paranoia problems.

you must have serious problems with security.

Uh... How is it his problem if the part of town he is walking around in is dangerous?

Depending on where you live it can be perfectly reasonable to carry a weapon.

There is a lot of crime in big cities riom.

Uh... How is it his problem if the part of town he is walking around in is dangerous?

Depending on where you live it can be perfectly reasonable to carry a weapon.

There is a lot of crime in big cities riom.
How is living in an area with loads of crime not a problem for him? I didn't mean just mental health. If your life is constantly in danger then that is a really serious problem.

It's a problem that he has to deal with if he is living in an area like that. I don't get what you're saying. Do you have a problem with him carrying a concealed weapon when there's a serious risk of being mugged?

And then it turned into a gun debate. Stay classy, argumentdigression2.net.

It's a problem that he has to deal with if he is living in an area like that. I don't get what you're saying. Do you have a problem with him carrying a concealed weapon when there's a serious risk of being mugged?
No I was trying to use clever phrasing. I was using two meanings of the phrase "having serious problems" at once. If he doesn't need a gun but carries one all the times he has a problem in the sense that there is something wrong with him. If he has to carry a gun for his own protection he has a problem in the sense that the high crime rate and danger he faces every day is a problem that he faces and must deal with (by carrying the gun).

In the first case the problem lies with him. In the second it lies with his environment. I guess it was a mistake to try and be subtle or clever on the internet.

This is the funniest possible response. It just comes from nowhere. I'd like to ask your permission to use it as a general purpose response to anyone who says anything I don't agree with.

"Man, what the hell, Laurence, why did you smash that window? Our MP is green!"
"So you believe what the media tells you now?!?"

This is the funniest possible response. It just comes from nowhere. I'd like to ask your permission to use it as a general purpose response to anyone who says anything I don't agree with.

"Man, what the hell, Laurence, why did you smash that window? Our MP is green!"
"So you believe what the media tells you now?!?"

The way weapons and/or the people use/carry them on news (at least here on the east coast of the USA) is that, well, guns r bad and ppl who liek them r monsters! ban teh gunz!"

Carry a pistol, if you don't have a penis
Carry some mace, if you look ace
Stay safe, cover your waist
Let your vagina turn into overgrown beavage, and cover up your cleavage.

I call it the CCSL plan; safe and secure.

I don't get it. How do the phones stop cat calls? I find it hard to read things that mention "crowd-sourced initiative", or the words "Until now" as a single sentence.

HL2.net is king of non sequitur (anti) logic.

You come in and out of this thread making snide little comments like you need an emotional hug, or a token of self-validation from others, or something.

On the other hand, if women could grow arrow-shaped chest hair like that dude, possibly with a line above it saying 'I'm up here', I think we'd be a way toward solving this problem

You come in and out of this thread making snide little comments like you need an emotional hug, or a token of self-validation from others, or something.

So you believe everything you read on hl2.net?

Back