I got an iPhone. What do I do?

Try to take out the battery.
Realize you can't.
Get a different ****ing phone.
Not going to happen. I've never paid for a phone in my life and I'm not going to start now when I have a functioning one on the desk in front of me.

Buy Angry Birds. Notice the concept gets old after about 5 levels. Give up. Never play it again.

Try to take out the battery.
Realize you can't.
Get a different ****ing phone.
Are you talking about the 5? The 4 is easy to take out the battery. I mean, you need a small screw driver, but its not like its integrated or soldered.

Are you talking about the 5? The 4 is easy to take out the battery. I mean, you need a small screw driver, but its not like its integrated or soldered.

Doing so will void the one year manufacturing warranty. Which you don't really want to do since Apple usually will just swap you a refurbished iPhone for something as small as a screen smudge.

Yeah, but if you're under warranty why would you want to replace the battery?

If it locks up you can just let it die, won't take long if the screen is stuck on.

But its also really easy to disconnect and reconnect the battery without leaving a trace. You don't need to remove any stickers or anything, so unless you have the nimbleness of a beluga whale and strip screws or damage the flex cable or something, its fine.

Download 7 Little Words and kill yourself once you run out of level packs because life is suddenly meaningless.

Oh, and Groove Coaster because it's ecstasy.

I've actually recently had this experience, where I acquired an iphone and then had absolutely no idea what I wanted it to do for me. If it's an option for you, I'd recommend jailbreaking - the customisation it allows is great, and it generally improves the user experience a whole bunch.
The thing I've been able to do with an iphone that's notable is set up two apps so that I can stream movies from my computer onto my phone when I'm in bed, and then remotely turn off my computer without getting up.

Do what others do with smart phones. Most people check email, surf the web, use it when working out, stream movies and music, play games, sit in bed and read this forum, make phone calls.I agree with kineaesth in that you should think about jailbreaking the phone as it's easy to do, and you have complete control of your phone.

There's a metric shit ton of awesome apps. There's ranking sites on the web, google 'er up. Shopping price comparisons practically speaking.

For finding activities Good Reads is essential, as is Good Trails - and a news app or two. It's quite lovely once you get used to things. I highly, highly recommend the Infinity Blade games, too.

I think Jailbreaking is silly an unnecessary and bars you from a lot of great applications.

As far as games go, Ridiculous Fishing is quite fun.

Wordament is a good game that can be played in the span of a couple minutes or less, and isn't a mindless reflexes game.

I think Jailbreaking is silly an unnecessary and bars you from a lot of great applications.

Really? I've still been able to download whatever from the appstore, and even use apps that authenticate with iTunes (like the Remote app)
Could just be the version of the software that I'm using

Jailbreaking just isn't worth losing the warranty. Not a risk I want to take.

I think this phone is out of warranty anyway. Not sure.

Really? I've still been able to download whatever from the appstore, and even use apps that authenticate with iTunes (like the Remote app)
Could just be the version of the software that I'm using

Hmm, guess I could be mistaken. I restored my phone pretty quickly after trying a break. I was also paranoid about my warranty.

Wordament is a good game that can be played in the span of a couple minutes or less, and isn't a mindless reflexes game.
First time I played that game I found like 30 words. I was like "**** yeah, i'm awesome at this" and then I saw the top scorer with about 130 words. **** this game.

First time I played that game I found like 30 words. I was like "**** yeah, i'm awesome at this" and then I saw the top scorer with about 130 words. **** this game.
There are puzzle solvers for it online, ignore the top scores.

Here's what you do:
1. Fill up bathtub with water
2. Plug in iphone to charge battery
3. Get in bathtub
4. Tweet, update facebook status
5. Drop Iphone in water
6. Die

The iphone won't let you die before you've spent at least $200 on the appstore.

regret your inability to do anything outside of what apple wants you to do

I'd agree to that. Everything the phone does it does better than my old phone, but some shit is just annoying. Like file management. I used to be able to use my android as an external hard drive. Transferring files between my PC and iPhone is a massive pain in the ass by comparison.

I'd agree to that. Everything the phone does it does better than my old phone, but some shit is just annoying. Like file management. I used to be able to use my android as an external hard drive. Transferring files between my PC and iPhone is a massive pain in the ass by comparison.

Then Jailbreak it as mentioned before. It's a wonderful piece of hardware.

Then Jailbreak it as mentioned before. It's a wonderful piece of hardware.

With the version I have it looks like if I jailbreak it every time I turn it on I have to boot it while connected to a PC. That sounds like a pain in the ass and something that someday might just stop working.

With the version I have it looks like if I jailbreak it every time I turn it on I have to boot it while connected to a PC. That sounds like a pain in the ass and something that someday might just stop working.

I also have a tethered jailbreak, mainly because I'm too lazy to go through the process again. If you never let it power down completely (ie run out of battery power) you'll be sweet. It's never stopped working for me, because I've never updated IOS. tethered is not at all a problem - if you're low on power, charge your phone, and even if you're out and unable to access a computer to re-boot the break, your phone will still function

Back