I have a question about spawning NPC's in Half-Life 1.

T

the_crusader

Hello, I was playing Half-Life and I noticed that the grunts and scientists have different character models. EX:, some scientists are dark skinned, some look like Albert Einstein, some are just white, etc. And also with grunts like some grunts carry shotguns and wear a black mask, some just look normal and carry an machine gun, etc.

But after seeing those alternate models I must ask, is there a way to spawn these different models via spawning them. Because, when playing Half-Life (Well Half life source), when I spawn a grunt and look into console it says:

Console said:
Squad 1 of monster Human grunt formed

And everytime when I continuously spawn human grunts it says that same message and they all look the same, and carry the same weapon. But when I play on a Half-Life chapter that includes grunts already implimented on the chapter/map, one of the grunts in the console says this:

Console said:
Squad 3 of monster human grunt formed
Squad 2 of monster human grunt formed

And each of those two individual grunts looks different, I believe one had an red berret hat, and the other, I think squad 3 monster human grunt, had a shotgun and wore a black mask with goggles.

And when spawning scientists it goes the same with them, when I spawn them, only one model of the scientist appears to spawn, whilst on regular Half-Life chapters when you see scientists, they all look different, facial wise also.

I was wondering if someone could find a way for me to spawn these different "sqauds" for the grunts because I typed in console:

Console said:
give monster_human_grunt 2

And when I typed that in the console still had the "sqaud 1 of monster human grunt formed" message with the same grunt model carrying the machinegun.

And what's weird about this is because in Half-Life 2, when you spawn an citizen, each citizen you spawn is randomized with a different character/citizen model and I want to know how to do the same with Half-Life npc's, such as the grunts and scientists.

Much help appreciated.

ok i think the only way you can do things like that and not vary the different people is if u have garrys mod 9 or a sandbox mod or somthin like that k?
and the commands are alright

Wall of Text

To Sum it up, you can only spawn monsters in HL1 that are already on the map. So you have to be on a map that has all the different types of grunts.

I'm not sure if it was the same with HL:S

Back