I have never seen snow before :(

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
I am 17 years old, and I have never seen snow in real life nor touched it before, and I have never been in an environment below 10 degrees C. Am I missing out on something? All my friends have been overseas and seen or touched it. That shall be one of my life goals now, touch snow!!!!!

Snow's alright. I hear it sucks when you live in it though.

It's ok, not much fun to drive in at all though.

Snow is awesome. Shovelling the driveway is the only bad part.

And when it's snowing heavily, and you just stand in it, it's an amazing sight, especially at night.

Also sledding.

Snow is cool, but it makes you all cold and wet. Driving in it is awesome, it makes the handbrake about 200x more fun.

Snow is awesome. Even though I have to drive in it, I still love snow. :)

"Dry" snow is very nice. Good for skiing and it's less difficult to traverse with regular shoes. However, it's difficult to make snowballs out of it so you have to wait till it melts a little.

However, like a lot of things in life, it's an impediment. Driving it is more dangerous than not (slow is smooth, smooth is fast applies very well here!) and it raises your utility bill if you are priviledged enough to afford heating.

Getting up for work or school is damn depressing in snowy mornings regardless of how well acclimated to the weather you are. If you've ever lived in a home where heating was very sparingly used (heat setting just above deadly coldness), you know the horror of someone quickly removing your blanket to wake you up.

I guess it's like rain, it's useful for seasons (snow makes up a majority of ground water in high altitudes like Colorado) but the same thing over again is pretty dreary.

I've only seen snow once, and it was pretty pathetic snow at that.

Still very fun to play in :D

Being in a really cold environment and around snow/ice is the single greatest experience known to man. Or at least to me. I love it. I grew up in Alaska, and it really really developed my love affair with cold snowy pine forests in mountainous environments.

Nothing greater than stepping outside on a cold morning and inhaling the clean, crisp scent of pine forest.

Snow is my favorite thing in the world. I could stand outside for hours just looking at the snow. It's beautiful and feels great. It's not bad to drive in if you know how to drive. Unless you hit black ice, then that sucks...but that's ICE! NOT SNOW YAY!

All in all, I give snow a 10/10. I've been known to go outside when it's snowing in my boxors, because for some reason, when it's snowing, I don't feel the cold that much. Everybody else shivers, I start sweating. Been that way since High School. I think I'm screwed up, because if I get cold, then it must be in the negatives.

Man, what? How did you manage this? Snow is wonderful. Go to Berlin or St Petersberg with a load of friends in winter and have a snowball fight in a courtyard.

All in all, I give snow a 10/10. I've been known to go outside when it's snowing in my boxors, because for some reason, when it's snowing, I don't feel the cold that much. Everybody else shivers, I start sweating. Been that way since High School. I think I'm screwed up, because if I get cold, then it must be in the negatives.

Yep. I'm exactly the same way. In Alaska, we used to sometimes dare each other to run outside in 0 to -10 degree weather down the street, which was about a fourth of a mile in nothing but our underwear. We'd have bare feet on roads that was thick with ice. Yes, the roads were icy, but they were textured by special trucks since its too much work to keep the roads thawed out.

And funnily enough, that cold weather didn't bother me that much. I'd wait at the bus stop in the frigid cold without a shirt, and although I'd often get colds and runny noses, I didn't feel cold.

Texas has softened me a great deal... I need to move back someplace cold again.

Snow is pretty at night, nice to watch fall down on you. And it gets you days off of school.

But other than that, the stuff F*cking sucks. It's a pain in the arse to shovel.

Comon people.

SnowHouse.jpg

There, you've seen it! Move along.

Snowing here isn't frequent, but it usually happens once a year. I like it when it happens seldom enough to be a nice novelty, but I would hate having it year round.

There is nothing more awesome than going out at night while it is snowing, and you can see the flakes coming down, and the moon is behind the clouds, so everything is under a very soft glow. Then in the morning you walk outside and everything is covered with it and the sun is out and everything just shines.

will post pics in a sec

Well, it's not snow, but it's still pretty cool to see.

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

This stuff sucks a little more than snow does.

EDIT: I can't get the ****ing pics straight. Deal with it.

I havent seen snow in about 2 years now :(. I went back home for christmas, but it didnt snow during that time. Hopefully it does this year.

Comon people.

img]http://www.stuffintheair.com/images/SnowHouse.jpg/img]

There, you've seen it! Move along.
I'm assuming you were joking, and I'm sure you've heard of the thought experiment about "knowing" an experience
Mary, the Color Scientist

A lot of Australians have read about snow, seen pictures of snow, videos with snow, but do they "know" about snow? I'm severely stretching the concept here, but some people can learn almost everything there is to know about snow, but there's some sort of psychological moment where they can say: aha! so that's what snow/red is! when they come in face of the real thing.

And yes, I've always wondered if Mary could just effing cut herself or get a nosebleed. ;)

To me, hearing about people who havent touched/seen snow is really weird, but then again; I live in Sweden.

Snow is frikking awesome but only if it meets certain criterias. It should be "fresh" (newly fallen), not in the form of slush and also be over 10cm in depth. Nothing beats the feeling of talking a walk (usually in the dark since we don't get much sun light) while it's snowing is awesome. The snow on the ground acts like a sound damperererer so its really quiet.

Nothing beats driving on snow/ice either. You can do all sorts of tricks with ease, and you won't be destroying your car if you make a mistake (snow is rather soft). I remember when I was a kid, we used to take our car out on the lake and just play around on plain ice. Unable to do that stuff now though, the lake never freezes over (thank you global warming or something!).

In conclusion; snow is awesome. You should get some.

Snow is a great place to visit.

We usually only get wet snow down here, and there're no mountains.

So I usually dislike snow when it's down here, but I love skiing in the northern parts of the country.

Being in a really cold environment and around snow/ice is the single greatest experience known to man. Or at least to me. I love it. I grew up in Alaska, and it really really developed my love affair with cold snowy pine forests in mountainous environments.

Nothing greater than stepping outside on a cold morning and inhaling the clean, crisp scent of pine forest.

I hear ya man.

I grew up in northern Vermont and lived there for the first 10 years of my life.

I love snow and I anticipate it every winter.
Snowball fights, snowmen, snowboarding, skiing, making igloos, etc.

I love to wake up on snowy mornings and just step outside barefoot letting the snow hug my feet and breath in the cold air.

I've experiences temperatures as low as -40C (-40F). Beat that!

OMG your life hasnt even started yet. Once you touch snow you will start living. Snowboarding, snowball fights etc. Its extreemly fun, you can do anything in snow. Plus all lakes etc freezes to ice so u can walk on them and shit.

Snow ftw

Got this nice snowy surprise yesterday. And it has been snowing two days, I hope it won't leave me yet. :)

Man, what? How did you manage this? Snow is wonderful. Go to Berlin or St Petersberg with a load of friends in winter and have a snowball fight in a courtyard.

Two things I would absolutely love to do! :D

Suddently I'd very much like some slush ice.

Who's with me?

I hate snow, especially when it melts and everything get all wet and splashy!

I only see snow about once a year here in texas, and its usually just a sheet of ice with a little bit of snow powdered on top.

It did snow about 3 feet here on valentines day 6 years ago though, and that was the most snow I have ever seen in my life. I made some pretty impressive snowmen that day.

I bought my house where it is specifically to have snow for a portion of the year (there's a ski resort just up the hill from my house). One snowy night, a tree fell across the driveway at around 11:00pm - I was super excited to to chain it to the truck and drag it out of the way.

I take it there aren't a lot of avid snowboarder/skiiers here? Snowboarding/skiing is indescribably fun.

I've seen snow once and seen it snowing once, as totally separate events.

Bah, you guys can have your snow, in Australia we get... um, err, 40 degree heat...

When I lived in Minnesota it would snow alot.

We lived on this hill, on a lake. IT was about a 40 foot long hill, with a nice steep incline, zig-zaging through trees. We would sled down it and dodge the trees, and go all the way down to the lake.

I really miss those times

snow's awesome only in during winter break..that way you don't need to really drive anywhere like school and you can just chill at home, have some snowball fights, bust out the GT's, ski's, snowboards etc.. and just have some fun.

Any other time, snow's a real bitch to deal with.

Snow ****ing sucks. Anyone who has posted they want to live in snow, I'll trade you houses.

Back