Ideas for a car radio slot

Link

Tank
Reaction score
I've bought a new car! yay! Anyway, in the new car, I've installed a new stereo, and the car had 2 radio spaces (single dins), with the old stereo in the bottom slot and a stupid broken clock in the top one.

I yanked the clock and put the new stereo in there, which leaves me with a gap where the old stereo was. So, I could do the blanking plate or utility tray, but I'd like something more interesting. I can't afford a single DIN sat nav, and its not a turbo, so I can't think of any dials that I could put in a gauge holder.

So, does helplife2.net have any ideas for cooland or interesting, cheap-ish ideas of what I can put in the space?

just cover it up until you figure that out, there doesn't HAVE to be anything there.

Also, your name reminded me of this.

Warning, Adult Link

A button for, like, headlight torpedos.

And a button that shoots hedgehog spikes from the exhaust pipe!

Place to store your weed when the cops pull you over.

Interesting question as me and 2 mates are doing a road trip of europe and have a spare slot.... (the original car stereo takes 2, new mp3 cd player only one)

I was thinking it probably makes the most sense to have some sort of CD storage in there, spring loaded pop out storage of CD's

You could put a fold out DVD player in there....that's a bit cliche now tho.

Obv having a weapons control panel would be awesome, but illeagal.
You know those plumbers vans that have the length of tubing on the top? ....they would make perfect covert rocket or missile tubes!

Plumbing%20van.jpg

I'd say get a satellite radio, but I don't think you Brits have that yet

Not really sure what it's called, but you could get one of those things that plays music from a thumb drive.

Why aren't their more displays that can feed car info to you in real time. Straight from the OBD2 port? That would be great to have there. Alternator voltage display, RPMs, cylinder misfires, fuel efficiency blah blah

Something like this engine performance monitor
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/car/aa31/

More things like that.

Back