Ideas for next GTA game, what do you want?

hmmm... no guns, eh?

Player vs. gang shootouts may become repetitive 'n predictable in an 18-to-22 hour London-gamesetting then.

Rubber-bullets, tasers, etc. provide a mild third-party threat, I guess. Half of my character-deaths in GTAIV were cop-related.

First, they shot me with a radar-gun,
Then they shot me with a
real one.

I'm in a very, very small minority here - but bring back the OLD WANTED SYSTEM. Also with military, tanks and the like.

GTA... in MIDDLE EARTH!
I lol'd.

I'd like to see a more dynamic criminal community. Kinda like what we saw in Vice City where groups of thugs would come and **** up your property, before they ruined that concept with the awful gang wars in San Andreas. In GTAIV you live in an apparently crime-filled city, except you're playing as a total catalyst for all that crime. You see the odd incident of the police chasing someone else, but this should be vastly expanded.
I'd also like to see robberies and more crimes. It could be a fun dynamic if you could hold up stores, and as you're about to do it, some other idiot has beaten you to it.
Something along those lines would be fantastic. Especially if the various organised crime families you work for had actual influence over the city, helped by you of course. One redeeming feature of the otherwise terrible gangland setting of San Andreas was watching gangs fight each other (before they all started running into walls, of course). GTAIV was a leap forward in the series, but one issue they didn't fix was the feeling of loneliness in your actions. Oh, and scrapping property purchasing was one refinement I did not feel was necessary. The lack of anything to buy/protect/earn income off was noticeably absent from GTAIV. I have total faith Rockstar will blow our minds with the next title anyway, as long as they don't pull another obnoxious ghetto-fest on us.

Scrap the lock-on aim system completely.
More difficulty to the firefights.

And what Blackthorn suggested could be great.

Edit: Oh, and PC version at launch

GTA:city 17!!!!!!!!!!!

This is quite a good idea, actually.

A nasty GTA taking place in an extremely oppressive city-state, and large swathes of countryside where you're a little bit safer.

GTA: Alpha Centauri (Mind Worms as DLC)

This is quite a good idea, actually.

A nasty GTA taking place in an extremely oppressive city-state, and large swathes of countryside where you're a little bit safer.
No. Actually, that'd be too much like San Andreas. Extremely oppressive gangs to the point where you can't do jak without same ballas punk gunning you down, corrupt cops, cut-throat drug lords, and the quiet, semi-safe countrysides? Crazy, gun-wielding imbred rednecks, and flora and mountains that looks similar to the outskirts of City 17, except no ant-lions.

Also, "-Actual Internets" I loved the satirical internets from GTA IV. Real internets would feel too out of place in the GTA universe. Part of what makes GTA stand out from it's clones is the satire.
Futhermore, a GTA set in London would be boring cuz there's *durka-dur* NO GUNS! We crazy Americans get all the settings for GTA fun yah?

You English guys get "The Getaway" and it's crappy sequel "Black Monday". Crappy GTA clone(s) no less. Har har. :p
Oh oh, and you guys in Istanbul (Is that in Turkey?) and France get Driver3. Har har. :p

Anywhere in Russia's ok though, (Moscow maybe?) since Russians were the center-piece ethnic group for GTAIV, and because Russia has very loose gun-control laws.

heres my idea
ADD STUFF FROM GTA:SA + GTA IV AND SAINTS ROW 2 TOGETHER =AWESOME GAME
AND THERE SHOULD BE A FURNITURE SHOP AND YOU SOULD BE ABLE TO EDIT YOUR PLACE !

GTA: Detective on the edge of burnout in near future to explain cars that don't look like current ones and you can go out into the countryside and desert because driving some hooker you picked up into the desert shooting her and driving off was fun lol.

I don't think you could have some Coup-de-tat type scenario because GTA has always been about crime and the underworld, not some revolutionary Che stuff, I would like to see a cop who strays to the wrong side of the law or something though. GTA4 has a great atmosphere of being in a city, it lives and breathes, everywhere you go, something is happening.

I don't mind the drive-here-and-shoot-someone missions, but it'd be nice to have some feeling of a greater goal for doing it all, instead of just a bit of hard cash. Destroying assets of some organisation. I dunno. How many people do I have to go through to get anywhere?

Also, the Cop Car computer was shit. "John Man - Crime - Credit card fraud. THE PUNISHMENT IS DEATH."

Set in the [strike]not too distant[/strike] future with lasers and lightning guns and ****ing blimps with japanese women on them.

Being able to strafe with the left analogue stick. I'm so unco at this game cos I keep wanting to strafe to the right and instead he turns and walks to the right.

I'd like to see a Grand Theft LEGO crossover game. It would really simplify the ragdoll physics.

GTA: Africa...
oh wait it's Far Cry 2.
okay...
GTA: Chernobyl...
oh wait it's Stalker.
make third...
GTA: New York 1920s
oh wait it's The Godfather.
next try...
GTA: Los Angeles
oh shit it's True Crime:Streets of L.A.
let's try some more..
GTA: Horror Movie
oh damn it's Alan Wake
next stop is...
GTA Crappy graphics
damn it must be GTA: Advance
oh damn it's far too many GTAs

A multiplayer mode that realises the huge potential that GTA has to offer. i.e. not the shit that shipped with GTA4!

I reall want them to do London. Otherwise, I'll settle for a San Andreas upgrade.

I don't really know about anything else besides a few petty things to do around the city, but maybe in this GTA, the new "tank" (if you want to go down that route) would be a Puma 6X6 armored car. A maximum of one or two appear at road blocks after a minute on a 6-star wanted level. There they would deploy a few NOOSE-like units. The vehicle itself would fire its machine gun mounted on a remote weapon station.

Considering that softer skinned vehicles like helicopters, cars and trucks take one shot from an RPG, it'll be able to take two shots since it is an armored car. Not that I'm exactly sure how realistic that'd be, but then again, neither is GTA (nor is it a military sim, I know, I know). Even though two RPG shots still aren't that much needed to take it down by itself, it'd be protected by its machine gun and dismounts. If you want to drive it, you'd first need to damage it by using explosive weapons on the door, allowing you access inside to hotwire it.

/armyfag

Puma_6x6.jpg

It sounds a bit ballsy, but that's just my idea. And since its a foreign vehicle, it might have more of a chance making an appearance in a GTA outside of the States if by any chance Rockstar decides to choose another country to add a little more variety to its locations. Thing is that it'd only be fitting in a more unstable area with more crime.

(And it's in Counter Strike!)

Oh, ok, fine. You want mudkips, then? 'Cause I'll give ya ****ing mudkips.

This ain't /b/, or indeed whatever the military jerkoff part of 4chan is.

GTA: Middle East.
And all the weapons from all the countries:AKs,Pumas,SPASes,all of 'em.
Oh yeah, and LOTS and LOTS of boomshine.

GTA: Pangea

With fricking dinosaurs that have fricking lazer beams on their heads.

As for a GTA in Russia, looks like they have already taken up the idea, lulz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5pUDgPnITY

But in all seriousness, just like Saturos said, maybe they really could have the next GTA in Russia. Heh, and Niko could even take a trip to Moscow and we could be able to play him again. It'd be fitting I guess.

Another idea that comes up is having the city's people, including employers, pedestrians and connections-(whether legal or illegal), base their sentiments towards you on your popularity and wanted levels. This game mechanic would have more of a significant meaning due to the fact that making money without being caught by the authorities would be by working in legitimate businesses. If their perception of you isn't positive, they would have less of a chance employing you, and in turn, you might have to resort to the illegal, dangerous methods of acquiring money.

Basically, I'd want more constraints, because that's just going to make me cherish the abilities you normally would have in previous GTAs, so it won't get as old.

You can download GTA; Vice City VOVAN EDITION - it's Russian mod pack for VC.

Back