If you want to date shallow girls (or have taste like WARPED)...

Reaction score
...you gotta be a TART.

At work the last couple weeks we've been developing new dating qualifications. We finally think we found the perfect standard, TART.

Trade (aka job)
Automobile
Residence (not living with your parentals)
Telephone (because cellphone doesn't fit)

Now because it's really hard to find someone at my age who actually meets those standards, there are some exceptions but only if you're under 25.

If you're under 25, you're acceptable if you have AT LEAST 2 out of 4, with goals. If you're over 25, your shit should definitely be together by now.

Cellphone would have fit if it was CART -.-

Also Automobile is much more of an American thing it's nowhere near universal.

And finally; shallow much?

I'm not really sure how having standards makes you shallow. I feel like these are almost universal things (in america at least) for an adult.

So the fact that every single standard is related to material wealth isn't shallow?

She wants a mature man for a mature woman such as herself.

She's picky as hell, is what I meant.

No because I want an adult not a child.

And your definition for adult is entirely about material wealth rather than personality, maturity, behaviour etc.

11:09 PM - Dr Melanie PhD: these are minimals
11:09 PM - Dr Melanie PhD: you can have personality too
You're superficial, personality is optional as long as he has a car. Enjoy dating douches :LOL:

Beggars can't be choosers also you only live once

also is it cool if you crash the night at other lady friend's houses often and you stay out late?? because I have 3/4 of those and I'm over the age of 25. Also I would have moved out by now had the following conditions occured: my friends didn't move away, my brother let me stay in his other house he has that wasn't being occupied, the job market was more gracious in one of the worst cities in america.

It's not about material wealth at all, it's about being self-reliant ie. being a man.

Someone in their mid-20s who lives with their parents, doesn't have their own transport, a job or a mobile phone probably isn't very mature, nor are they likely to have a very interesting personality or behaviour.

Except it's all four repiV. I have friends who don't like mobile phones so don't own one, and others who don't drive for various legitimate reasons. And with unemployment rather high due to the recession that's a rather arbitrary judgement to make.

Maybe we should make it an "American dating standard" because I don't know anyone without a cell phone or anyone who doesn't drive.

Yes ok on the mobile phone front, and the car thing really depends on where you live - but generally, it's a fairly good measure of whether someone is fairly sorted or not.

Frankly, you're not really an adult until you've left home and paid your own way.

My boyfriend has all of those things (more or less) and he's 20. I barely have one of them (a cellphone which I constantly lose and seldom have credit for). It isn't everything.

Men and women are attractive according to very different criteria. Since you're not a man, it's not necessarily important that you aren't financially independent.

Well thank goodness there's an easy to remember acronym for this stuff, I wouldn't want to forget how to meet your dating qualifications.

Here's mine

Kitchen-dwelling
Asian
Tied
Hair (pubic)
Young

I have my own standard, it's helped me a lot:

Can't be from New Jersey
Ugly she can't be
Not working at a bank
Talks only when spoken to

Also, Melanie, what happened to not telling anyone on the forum you're a girl?

Here's mine.

Doesn't have stupid acronyms to remember her shallowness
Understands that personality trumps any lack of a superficial physical status symbol
Delves into the deeper aspects of humanity, going past people's looks or possessions
Engenders a sense of trust and maturity
Sucks my dick

Wait...

What is it with Jersey and shallow women? Or just shallow people in general? Is it to counter the depth of the garbage they wade through daily?

I feel like all the people complaining probably don't fit it...

If I'm considering potentially dating you then you already have a personality I find appealing. So I really don't feel like it needs to be included on the list of standards.

What is it with Jersey and shallow women? Or just shallow people in general? Is it to counter the depth of the garbage they wade through daily?

I like how this comes from someone who's never stepped foot in New Jersey, let alone America.

I'm glad you know so much about us.

If I'm considering potentially dating you then you already have a personality I find appealing. So I really don't feel like it needs to be included on the list of standards.

That doesn't make any sense. You could make the exact same argument about the material criteria you posted.

Does a plane count as an automobile?

Are aviators extra credit?

Wow. I so don't want to date women who think like that. Luckily for me, they won't want to date me either! It's the ciiiiircle of life....

I feel like all the people complaining probably don't fit it...

As a person who has lived in several different states, on my own, for years, owning my own car (and cellphone), having graduated from university with a Bachelor of Science degree, and having acquired employment in my chosen career, I can honestly say that you're a shallow be-yotch.

And your definition for adult is entirely about material wealth rather than personality, maturity, behaviour etc.

You're superficial, personality is optional as long as he has a car. Enjoy dating douches :LOL:

arguing for the sake of arguing

problem? /

But I don't like pineapple. :(

Will I die alone?

This is a terrible list, but makes a lot of sense when I put on my wig and my dress.
Seriously though, personality and physical attraction should come way, wayyyy before this list.

But it's Melanie, so watcha expect?

I certainly don't meet all, or indeed any, of these 'TWAT' criteria. Still, you are not shallow, Mel, because I know you would suck my dick in spite of these shortcomings.

However, should you express a reluctance to perform oral sex on me, that would make you shallow.

(Did I do a good moral-support post, hotbuncakes?)

So heck yeah I be rollin' wit my business card an' car registration an' bitches be all up on me.

What on earth is this crap?

On a semi-related note, I do enjoy pineapple as well.

I didn't want to read all the posts but you should have made it JART... and had Job as the first one. But you can't have ART without the J really... unless you find one of those dudes with rich parents ... in which case you're prolly better off anyways if you're just after the money. 99% chance they'll be a douchebag though.

I think JART is important for women too. I hate having to pick girls up all the time and I sure as hell don't want to pay for everything forever... and it's kind of important to have a cell phone no matter what these days. The only thing I guess that doesn't matter as much is a residence because she'd just be able to come over here where I can be lazy.

I'm 24 by the way so I guess that works. Gimme those shallow girls.

Hmm, nope. You just have to have game.

Sorry, but that's about as simple as it is. I dunno if East coast or Europe has a similar term?

So heck yeah I be rollin' wit my business card an' car registration an' bitches be all up on me.

:LOL: high five

Here's mine.

Doesn't have stupid acronyms to remember her shallowness
Understands that personality trumps any lack of a superficial physical status symbol
Delves into the deeper aspects of humanity, going past people's looks or possessions
Engenders a sense of trust and maturity
Sucks my dick

Wait...

Oh shit my ****in stomach hurts from laughing. high five again.

Men and women are attractive according to very different criteria. Since you're not a man, it's not necessarily important that you aren't financially independent.

**** that your first questions should be "Bitch whats your credit score?!" :LOL:

Back