I'm close to tears... RIP bvasgm

JNightshade

Reaction score
He's probably unknown to all the newbies, but any older member will tell you in a second that bvasgm (pronounced "buh-vas-gum") was awesome. Dude was genuinely clever, completely ridiculous, and a great BF2 player to boot. I used to be quite close to him- we'd talk all the time- which is why I got to wondering if he'd fallen off the face of the earth or something.

Turns out I wasn't far off.

Link

He died at the beginning of the school year. This whole time he's been gone and I've had no idea. It's weird, I haven't talked with him in so long, but even now I can remember how he sounded in BF2, laughing in that ridiculously deep voice of his. RIP, Nick- you were too young, but wherever you are, I hope you're happy.

I honestly have no idead who he was, but it sucks to hear that anyway.

for reals? the pic does look familiar. if so damn that sucks

Ah well, I was kind of hoping he had a familiar avatar.

Damn shame though, to those that were close to him

hold on a minute:

on his members page:

Date of Birth
April 12, 1989 (19)

on his obituary:

Birth: Apr. 12, 1990

hold on a minute:

on his members page:

Date of Birth
April 12, 1989 (19)

on his obituary:

Birth: Apr. 12, 1990

Typo from the obituary? Didn't notice that.. The day and month are the same though

Nah, it's definitely him. I'm still friends with him on facebook. His page was covered with RIP notes from friends and family...

Anyway, let's not turn this into a debate over the validity of that page. I created this thread to say goodbye.

I remember the name, which is more than I can say for a lot of other names around here. Got a vaguely positive feeling connected with it as well. Sucks that that's all I can say :( Very sad.

I take it you knew his name irl, JNightshade, and that's how you were able to find this out? EDIT: Never mind.

Nah, it's definitely him. I'm still friends with him on facebook. His page was covered with RIP notes from friends and family...

Anyway, let's not turn this into a debate over the validity of that page. I created this thread to say goodbye.

I dont doubt it, you're not one for attention-whore type theatrics, just thought it was odd

again my condolences

Weird. :/ I certainly remember his existence, but I've never really known him well. I know he was a cool guy. Pretty much along the lines of pesh/dalamari, but less assholic. RIP :(

Speaking of, anyone know where Pesh's gone? He hasn't been online for over 10 days.

Ah ****, he was awesome.. This is bullshit.

RIP borgasm.

That's terrible. Wish I'd known him.

RIP

After reading his obituary, I'm pretty depressed.. the dude died just crossing the street...I never knew him but RIP man.

What the ****?!
NO. NONOONONONONONONONONO.

God damn it, what the ****, It feels like it was only yesterday where me, Qonfy, J, and Borgasm were making BF2 demo stunt videos!

God, what the ****. ;(;(;(;(;( I'm seriously on the verge of crying right now.

RIP. :(

Ah man... I remember his goodbye thread.
He made good posts.

Don't know the guy but boy this is depressing. RIP.

Oh no... I'm sitting here crying in class. Borgasm...

I remember borgasm. How awful. My condolences.

I never got to know him personally, but I remember him well as an HL2.netter. How could I forget a nickname like Borgasm?

Damn that's really sad. I've honestly always had an odd fear of people dying that way too...

I was just recently wondering what happened to the guy, after rewatching Qonfused's BF2 videos where he was credited.

Poor Borgasm ;/

this thread should be stickied for the next little while. it's not often we lose a member and he deserves some sort of rememberence

the last thing he posted:

thehumanfundmo4.jpg

RIP dude. i dont know you but i still feel for your death. tragic.

RIP Borgasm.

I remember him being a good member of the community. ;(

Oh my...we used to speak frequently via PM, we had a lot of run ins. I remember him getting his post count reset a few times, he made a 1000 posts thread and it became synonymous with his borgasm name. He was the only members with the 'Senior Member' title too IIRC.

I can't believe he passed away last year, he was a good looking lad from that picture. He had his whole life ahead...damn, this is horrible :(

edit: Reading my PMs from him back in 2006 when I recently joined the staff and was implementing some new ideas for the site. He congratulated me and wished me luck :(

bvagsm said:
Like I said, you guys seem to have a really good idea of where you're going with this. I probably won't post much anymore, but I'm not going anywhere, at least not yet. If you guys need any help with ideas, implementation...whatever, just let me know because I'm here and if I can, I'd like to help.
He was a great guy ;(

Good ****ing god.

I can't believe this, he and I always exchanged happy birthday PMs (he was 4/12, I'm 4/14) and used to chat quite a bit (plus he was present in the BF2 demo glory days). Last time I talked to him was saying happy 18th birthday to him. I wondered recently where he'd got up to, this is completely ****ing awful. Thanks for letting us know JN. Rest in peace Nick ;( It's terribly unfair that you got gypped out of life by some dumb shithead not paying attention at the wheel.

Thread stuck for the older members, he was around quite a bit back in the day and had forum friends besides those who've already posted, and as Stern says it's not often this community loses a member.

I'm quite disturbed by this. I wasn't great friends with him, just another e-buddy, but he was a genuinely friendly, good dude and the world lost something here.

found this on facebook if any of you who knew him want to join too

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33132458337

edit: and a news story about it

Star-Ledger said:
A Rutgers University sophomore was killed early yesterday when he was struck by a car as he attempted to cross Easton Avenue in New Brunswick, authorities said.

Nicholas Bielik, 18, of Beacon Falls, Conn., was rushed to nearby Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital after the 12:03 a.m. accident near the intersection with Hamilton Street, but he was pronounced dead at 1:52 a.m., police said.

"Everybody heard the screech," said Rutgers student Mike Shaffer, who was sitting on the steps of his apartment house on Hamilton Street with a housemate when the accident occurred. Friends told Shaffer they saw Bielik thrown into the air by the force of the collision and that a crowd of students quickly gathered.

"They were huddled over him. People were saying, `Don't touch him. Don't touch him.' People were crying. The windshield was shattered and pushed-in," said Shaffer, of Manalapan.

The driver of the car, Arnold DeMassi, 21, of New Brunswick, volunteered a blood sample for testing, but New Brunswick police Sgt. Richard Rowe said the accident did not appear to be alcohol-related. DiMassi, who is not a Rutgers student, was driving west on Easton Avenue in his 1993 Nissan Altima when Bielik tried to cross the road about 10 yards from the crosswalk for the intersection a Hamilton Street.

Bielik was a sophomore in the School of Arts and Science. He had not yet declared a major, according to university officials.

Easton Avenue is not on the Rutgers campus, but students rent apartments in many of the houses on Easton Avenue and Hamilton Street. The accident occurred near the university's Institute for Health Care Policy and Aging.

One block east on Easton Avenue is a string of stores and restaurants frequented by students.

"It's definitely dangerous," said student Allie Brand of Red Bank, who also lives in an apartment house on Hamilton Avenue.

"People just walk out on the street," Brand said. "They don't use sidewalks. People run lights."

Police were still investigating the accident yesterday, including where Bielik had been earlier that night. No charges have been filed.

Rutgers officials were reaching out to students who knew Bielik to offer counseling, said E.J. Miranda, university spokesman.

Wow, didn't know who he was. I kinda remember the name being mentioned but still - This sucks.

RIP Dude! :'(

I recognise the name, I'm pretty sure I can put his name to an avatar, too. Never did have any conversations or run in's with him, but I remember him. Goddamn shitty thing to happen n' all. :(

Rest in peace, man.

Back