I'm close to tears... RIP bvasgm

Never really talked with him, but I remember him from here. RIP to him, it's a real shame.

Kind of weird that we find out about this on the six month anniversary of his death (he died Sept 4).

I remember he had some crazy posts, didn't know him well but its a loss nonetheless.

Ah shit. We talked on quite a few occasions, he was a good bloke. But to quote Socrates, death is either a wonderful adventure or an endless sleep, and don't we all agree that the dreamless sleeps are the best...

RIP. :(

This still sucks. That's why I have a plan that I will have someone come on and tell the forums of what has happened to me in case. I'd really hate to have everybody thinking that I just decided to stop posting/getting online.

Man, this sucks.

Everything dies, but it doesn't make it any less sad. Poor fellow.

That's why I have a plan that I will have someone come on and tell the forums of what has happened to me in case.

I feel fairly convinced a hero like you can't die. You just seek cover and reload.

Its a weird connection we have with each other - very distant and very close at the same time.

Saddened to hear this, he was a good bloke and good 'netter from what I remember.
Hope his family have found peace.

I remember Borgasm. This sucks.

RIP man. Rest In Peace, Bvgasm.

/EDIT I second Cyberpitz's tell-everyone-online-I-died-if-I-die thing. I would hate for my e-buddies to just never find out...

didn't know him but RIP. A friend's brother died this week too for me. I hate stuff like this

Its a weird connection we have with each other - very distant and very close at the same time.

This can't be stressed enough. I may have never met any of you IRL, but there are a few of you that I have a deep friendship bond with. If something ever happened to them, I would genuinely feel VERY sad. A tear might shed, promise!

*Thinks of how many days it's been since I've talked to Tav..."

;(

Fook, I remember the guy well...life is fragile eh?

RIP mate.

Man. This is horrible. I didn't know the guy very well other than his presence on the forums, but he always seemed cool.

I find myself in tears(first time in a long time). It's hard to think of a hl2.net member who is no longer living, especially after having passed so young and in such a way.

Rest in Peace dude.

EDIT: This is affecting me more than I thought it would. Can't remember the last time I cried, or even this much. It just triggered something very emotional in me that doesn't really ever see light of day.

RIP Borgasm

BF2 buddy from the good ole days. Browsed through my old BF2 folder and found this.

Borgasm.jpg

That screenshot was made during the HL2.net vs 256 clan match. The names are a bit blurred but from the left to right it's Borgasm, Amish, Darkwolf, Jimbo and me. Good memories. You will be missed.

I may have never met any of you IRL, but there are a few of you that I have a deep friendship bond with. If something ever happened to them, I would genuinely feel VERY sad. A tear might shed, promise!

I very much concur with this statement.

I really wish I was part of the DUDE squad. We should all get on and play a game in memory...

Also, I've been wanting to get a few games through for some time now.

I only played BF2 with you guys a few times. We never really got the clan to work properly.

This can't be stressed enough. I may have never met any of you IRL, but there are a few of you that I have a deep friendship bond with. If something ever happened to them, I would genuinely feel VERY sad. A tear might shed, promise!

*Thinks of how many days it's been since I've talked to Tav..."

;(

He hasn't been away long enough to jump to that conclusion.

I hope...:(

I'm a ****ing wreck right now, and I don't know why. I didn't know him well, but to KNOW someone who is just... gone.

EDIT: This is affecting me more than I thought it would. Can't remember the last time I cried, or even this much. It just triggered something very emotional in me that doesn't really ever see light of day.

I feel you buddy, this has bothered me a lot all day since I saw this thread. It's just incredibly unfair for him to die so randomly and pointlessly. Especially given that he was a genuinely cool dude.

Exactly. It sort of confirms the importance of living your life to the fullest. Don't hold anything back. I'm not saying do whatever you want, obviously you shouldn't go on a crazy killing spree just because you don't believe in hell, but you shouldn't hide in a corner because you're too afraid of failing, or of what other people might think. You've gotta get out there and experience life, and live like there's no tomorrow, because there really isn't anything waiting for you out there once you're gone. You get one shot at life and you need to make the most of it. Whatever goals you've set for yourself in order for you to have a fulfilling life, you've gotta get out there and make them happen.

That's my take on it anyway.

I was reading through a little of his posts and feeling pretty sad doing so but holding it together until I got to this one. I hope he enjoyed the time he had ;(

Dude no way...he was a pretty cool guy, I remember a lot of his posts. RIP bro :(

I feel you buddy, this has bothered me a lot all day since I saw this thread. It's just incredibly unfair for him to die so randomly and pointlessly. Especially given that he was a genuinely cool dude.

I was reading through a little of his posts and feeling pretty sad doing so but holding it together until I got to this one. I hope he enjoyed the time he had ;(

Oh **** you. Now I'm crying.

I'm going to have to take his advice to heart. I know that I have an at times crippling fear of dying in a way in which he died. Either being hit by an automobile by walking or cycling, or in a car accident where I am a passenger/driver. And normally, when hearing something like this it would make me more reclusive to avoid doing things like that.

**** man, life taken away so young... I remember him well, hard to believe something like this could happen. Find myself crying and I don't really know why... I wasn't really good buddies with him or anything. Just reading through this thread...

RIP

Reading over the reminiscent posts in this thread pierces my heart. I am sincerely sorry for your loss, those of you who knew him.

Half of it is our actual interaction / varying levels of friendship with Nick and the other half is just general sentimentalism about how weird it is for someone you've been around in a community online with for a long time (he was active for about 3 years) to die and drop off the face of the planet. I mean I wasn't really active friends with him especially in the past year but this still bothers me immensely. Death is just a really sad thing.

Half of it is our actual interaction / varying levels of friendship with Nick and the other half is just general sentimentalism about how weird it is for someone you've been around in a community online with for a long time (he was active for about 3 years) to die and drop off the face of the planet. I mean I wasn't really active friends with him especially in the past year but this still bothers me immensely. Death is just a really sad thing.
I agree...I may not have been the bestest friend of him, but that doesn't mean we can't feel bad. Like we discussed earlier, it's the principal. there is someone who we knew online that is gone....I think of a few people as GOOD/BEST friends..if they died, I'd like to know. This entire situation makes me ****ing sad a shit.
Damn. Can't believe I had forgotten about him.

Yeah, that's OK. There are MANY of us in the same position.

****ing goddamnit. BORGASM YOU ASSHOLE. I SERIOUSLY hope there is a Heaven and you are in it. I'm sorry man, and I miss you. <3.

I remember the name too, and I'm touched by what Ennui posted. He sounded like a really great guy.

My condolences to those who knew him well, and rest in peace.

I can't really find any clever words here. This sucks.

Oh my god! That is awful! I didn't know him personally, but I do remember him and his awesome hilarity / BF2 skills. He will be missed :(

Utterly terrible news.

I didn't know the guy any more than your average old time member. But I did know him as a genuine valued member of the community. I remember reading his leaving post with genuine regret. I can't find it through the search; maybe the thread was deleted. It's so sad that he has been killed in such a random and truly pointless way.

RIP Borgasm

Edt: I too have recollections of playing BF2 with him. I had alot of fun playing that with you guys.

Damn that is truly terrible. I never knew him but from what I hear he sounded like a really cool guy. What a sad and unexpected way to go :(

Bad stuff man, I remeber good old bvasgm. A damn shame he's gone.

Back