Inept gaming show announces HL2 release date

D33

Reaction score
Inept gaming show announces possible HL2 release date

Gamezville, a UK kiddie console "gaming" show broadcast on SkyOne, had a short sixty second slot about a possible Half-Life2 release date. Claiming sources within ATI are expecting copies of the game to ship at the end of Febuary alongside their graphics cards.

Of course, this is all rumor and Gamezville has a somewhat large reputation for being pathetically embarrassing, with hosts who don't actually have a clue about gaming.

None the less, with Valve's prolonged silence this news is somewhat promising.

D33 said:
...being pathetically embarrassing, with hosts who don't actually have a clue about gaming.

None the less...

Heh, that's the knockout punch, eh?

So basically the source is like the "CIA reports on WMD in Iraq" reliable?

I'll believe a Half-Life 2 release date only after I see it on store shelves.

Maby you should check the name of the person who told you this information, and make sure it doesent say "Former Iraqi Minister of Intelligence"

|CC|Hudson said:
Maby you should check the name of the person who told you this information, and make sure it doesent say "Former Iraqi Minister of Intelligence"

LOL :D :D nice one!!

Feburary... 2043, when computers are mere microchips in the brain that run at 384,293 teraflops. Yeah, then it'll be released. Not next Feburary. Playing halflife 2 at a trillion FPS ought to be fun!!

Gamezville is one of the most pathetic worst gaming programs I've ever seen, the hosts are glitter and as the news post states, they simply don't have any clue about games.
It's also very bad how they have their games guru, just plain awful.

Yes I know. I know it's another "possible release date" news post but although the source is regarded as pathetic they are still a big tv show.

Rubbish!

I don't believe a word of it!

GamezVille is rubbish. The presenters know nothing about gaming. The kids they get to review the games are like 10 years old and know nothing. They say things like "uuuh the graphics are good, so i give it 10/10" twats!!

The presenters are thick as pig sh*t

Rubbish show!!

At least game-pad is back on Bravo for a new series. I'll be watching that instead :D

I won't believe Half-Life 2 has been released until I'm holding the actual box in my hot little hands.

"uuuh the graphics are good, so i give it 10/10" twats!!

LMFAO!!! SO TRUE!!!

On a related note, EB games is now saying that Half-Life 2 is allready released, and that we should be at their stores buying it.

Toys 'r' us is saying that the game was teleported back in time to 1992, so they could sell it in a timeframe where people gave a shit about their store.

It'd be really, really, really funny if they were right. :)

well, I just e-mailed gabe asking him to kill the rumor if it's false, so we don't get all excited again. I'll let you know what i hear.

Stabby said:
I don't believe a word of it!

GamezVille is rubbish. The presenters know nothing about gaming. The kids they get to review the games are like 10 years old and know nothing. They say things like "uuuh the graphics are good, so i give it 10/10" twats!!

The presenters are thick as pig sh*t

Rubbish show!!

At least game-pad is back on Bravo for a new series. I'll be watching that instead :D

Agreed, gamesvillie IS the worst games show, ever the presenters are 2 morons who would not know half life 2 if it came and shaged them for a week nonstop >_> "And They say things like "uuuh the graphics are good, so i give it 10/10" twats!!" Sums it up nicely

Well , we cant trust what Valve says (see CS:CZ , original HL2 case ) and now we're suppoused to take some shady gaming show input on this matter ?

Please spare us of this kind of info next time.....

Spiffae said:
well, I just e-mailed gabe asking him to kill the rumor if it's false, so we don't get all excited again. I'll let you know what i hear.

Gabe always denies everything though, even if it's true.

synth said:
I'll believe a Half-Life 2 release date only after I see it on store shelves.

I Agree. Until i see em in stores,I wont believe anyone!

lol, yeah, I watched that show where they announced that

God, that game guru pisses me off

I love gamezville, i'm not one to take things like it too seriously, and if you all took the same attitude you might enjoy it. It's blatently obvious that it's just a bit of fun with gaming with some "proper" news thrown in. As to whether the statement is true, who knows? Gabe? I doubt.

MMD said:
I love gamezville, i'm not one to take things like it too seriously, and if you all took the same attitude you might enjoy it. It's blatently obvious that it's just a bit of fun with gaming with some "proper" news thrown in.

There's a lot of people, good people, who are trying to take gaming mainstream. They're currently at the level of experimentation, seeing what works, what doesn't - but it doesn't help when television is packed full of console crap with presenters whose iq level rivals that of a grape.

It's not about taking the programme too seriously, it's the fact that the whole gaming scene is capable of a hell of a lot more than ten year old kids speaking out of their arse and reviewing games, presenters who flick their fingers and say "wike wikE w00!!1" whilst going backstage during breaks and asking wtf "fps" means and general.. shiteness.

Note http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=567838 .

wally007 said:
Well , we cant trust what Valve says (see CS:CZ , original HL2 case ) and now we're suppoused to take some shady gaming show input on this matter ?

Please spare us of this kind of info next time.....

With a giant lack of news recently it was either this or continuing news posts on our weekly photoshop competition.

D33 said:
There's a lot of people, good people, who are trying to take gaming mainstream. They're currently at the level of experimentation, seeing what works, what doesn't - but it doesn't help when television is packed full of console crap with presenters whose iq level rivals that of a grape.

It's not about taking the programme too seriously, it's the fact that the whole gaming scene is capable of a hell of a lot more than ten year old kids speaking out of their arse and reviewing games, presenters who flick their fingers and say "wike wikE w00!!1" whilst going backstage during breaks and asking wtf "fps" means and general.. shiteness.

Note http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=567838 .

Pwned! Mwhahaha.

There are good gameing shows. . ., but not many

How many of you guys watched X-Play on TechTV?

Oh...wait...I forgot the majority of this site was English. Well answer anyway.

sci-fi (UK) probably has the best games program.. Also has THE cutiest presenter. Emily Dunn(sp?) Used to present bits on C4 with another Emily (also very cute who likes to strip a lot on B-movies) and some American girl called Alex I think, who then went on to present a short-lived C4 games program with some other guy when the other two moved onto bigger things.

The sci-fi one is mostly Emily standing infront of the camera with short tops on, which is fine by me, apparantly they review games too

The other emily presents some shots on Ftn and is in a few B movies, naked mostly...

I <3 X-Play! Though they are basically consoless and hardly any PC games. I think the lates PC game they reviewed was CoD. And whenever there is a game out for the PC, X-Box, PS2(Piece of Shit 2=PS2), or Gamecube, they always review or preview the console version.

Fenric1138 said:
sci-fi (UK) probably has the best games program.. Also has THE cutiest presenter. Emily Dunn(sp?) Used to present bits on C4 with another Emily (also very cute who likes to strip a lot on B-movies) and some American girl called Alex I think, who then went on to present a short-lived C4 games program with some other guy when the other two moved onto bigger things.

The sci-fi one is mostly Emily standing infront of the camera with short tops on, which is fine by me, apparantly they review games too

The other emily presents some shots on Ftn and is in a few B movies, naked mostly...

Trouble is they're biased console muppets. They did this consoles vs pc's thing once and didn't list any of the decent qualities about pc gaming. Bet you can't guess who won.

Look at the video in that ESR link I posted above - welcome to the future of gaming :D
Of course there's a few niggles to iron out. Bit more action, etc, etc.

X-Play doesn't bash on consoles but they do seem to focus a lot more on them. I guess it's just the demographic that they aim for.

I wish Morgan Web was naked in some B movies...or my bed...which ever.

They had a rather good show on channel Seven over here a while ago... but I think the dickheads running Seven axed it.

Bloody morons.

strange how you all think that this show is soo awful....yet everyone has seen it. they have tried to bring gaming to the wanka's of the world and i commend them on it.

the news that they would have found has to have some truth to it because after all..they are a profit making show...dnt think they would just say stuff like that unless they really know it.

"they dnt know shit about gaming" - so they would only tell ya stuff they find out about...not that they actually think...cos lets face it...they probably cant think for themselves...

p.s. gay ass console players

Anable said:
X-Play doesn't bash on consoles but they do seem to focus a lot more on them. I guess it's just the demographic that they aim for.

I wish Morgan Web was naked in some B movies...or my bed...which ever.
Read my post more carefully. I said they like console more than PCs. I want Morgan naked too. She probably visits these forums...

Sorry ray, my post made no sense. I meant to say that X-Play doesn't bash on PCs but they still focus more on consoles. And I was referring to D33's post on how the other show hates PCs. I'll try to make my next post more coherent.

I think it's because PC's are like multi-purpose tools so its kinda like you can guarentee that nearly everyone who owns a console plays games, where as there are probably a sizable percentage of people who own PC's don't play games.

But of the age group that almost all video game shows are targeted at, the majority uses the computer solely to play computer video games.

biggy biggy said:
strange how you all think that this show is soo awful....yet everyone has seen it. they have tried to bring gaming to the wanka's of the world and i commend them on it.

the news that they would have found has to have some truth to it because after all..they are a profit making show...dnt think they would just say stuff like that unless they really know it.

"they dnt know shit about gaming" - so they would only tell ya stuff they find out about...not that they actually think...cos lets face it...they probably cant think for themselves...

p.s. gay ass console players

We've had enough of childrens programmes, it's time for the pro-gaming big boys to have a turn. The market exists, the gamers exist and the backing exists.

But the programs don't :(

.. theres this gaming show in finland thats really gay, it's called Joystick, and they rate games by giving them 1-5 joysticks :/

The programmes don't because television stations no longer want gaming shows due to the poor quality / audiance of all these console ones.

Back