Infamous or Prototype?

Infamous or Prototype

• Infamous

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Prototype

Votes: 60 70.6%

• Total voters
I concur with this. inFamous....a PS3 exclusive wwith slow ass wall climbing, underwhelming electricity sparkle powers, and some street thugs. Wow...

Fair do's it has better graphics but thats because it isn't rendering an entire city of people, military and infected at a go.

Prototype FTW TBH.

As for Elizabeth Greene, the herpes on her face is kind of off-putting.

Edit: Oh and the herpes she has given to the city, thats some ****ing STD man.
You'd still hit it.

I find it odd that the Whipfist became the most useful power in the game. Funny because I thought it would end up being weak and useless besides skyjacking.

Do you have to buy the sky-jacking?, I got the whipfist but so far I'm still jumping around trying to give the heli's a good kick in the chops (I dunno why but I keep forgetting I can throw things at them when I am fighting them...).

Actually I've noticed I don't throw stuff around much at all.

I just get stuck in.

You gain the ability to skyjack after you learn to pilot helicopters in one mission.

I'm kinda disappointed in the other forms to be honest. Whipfist is pretty much the only power I use since the others can't even compare. The sword looks badass, but sucks dickballs against anything but tanks, and even then its just "meh" when you can just highjack a helicopter and blow it to shit. Hammerfists I've hardly used because its too slow and not powerful enough to be worth it. Musclemass is just stupid. I dont think i've found any use for it whatsoever. I'm not even sure what exactly it does. Claws is cool because of the spikes-out-of-the-ground thing, but once you get the better version that doesnt require claws, then its not as cool.

I basically just use whipfist for everything because its ****ing awesome, and sometimes I might use the sword to take out a tank.

Also, the armor... holy **** it looks badass. When I first got it along with the sword, I D-Colon'd hard because it was amazing looking.

Hammerfist is weak and slow you say?

1. Climb to highest point you can reach

2. Sprint and charge Hammertoss attack

3. Hold on to your asshole

4. Laugh your ass off as you fly across NYC, but refer to step 3 or it may actually fall off

I'm kinda disappointed in the other forms to be honest. Whipfist is pretty much the only power I use since the others can't even compare. The sword looks badass, but sucks dickballs against anything but tanks, and even then its just "meh" when you can just highjack a helicopter and blow it to shit. Hammerfists I've hardly used because its too slow and not powerful enough to be worth it. Musclemass is just stupid. I dont think i've found any use for it whatsoever. I'm not even sure what exactly it does. Claws is cool because of the spikes-out-of-the-ground thing, but once you get the better version that doesnt require claws, then its not as cool.

I basically just use whipfist for everything because its ****ing awesome, and sometimes I might use the sword to take out a tank.

Also, the armor... holy **** it looks badass. When I first got it along with the sword, I D-Colon'd hard because it was amazing looking.

The sword, when fully upgraded is brilliant against the bosses, or just cutting up general infected while on the fly. Hammerfist is powerful if you lock on to something first.
Musclemass is used to throw cars and helicopters further and at greater impact., again, useful for bosses.

The only time I used whipfist was for the helicopters, all other times I was on the ground if I tried using it in a fight :D.

I just got a PS3, strapped on cash now though, so I won't be getting inFamous til later this year.:)

I use whipfist for latching on for a skyjack, but apart from that in combat I don't see how you find it that useful. The sweeping whip attack is pretty useful but no where near as good as the sword fist. I just got the flying sword stab thingy, amazing for hunters / tanks. And the slashing kills anything in seconds.

I agree with musclemass and hammerfists, I rarely use either. The armour does look so awesome, but I don't use it as I can't live without parkour :( Normal shield for running through crowds ftw. I wish changing armour wasn't so fiddly...

I just do the regular jump attack at helicopters and try and time the jacking for just before my foot lands.

Gotta say, Prototype is crazy ass fun. Its got the US armed forces, its got mutants/zombies and its got civilians if your really that evil, its got everything you need to cause pure chaos and enjoy it.

I used musclemass a lot on bosses. It's very helpful to chop away at their life by charge-throwing shit at them.

I think my favorite form (albeit impractical at times) was the Hammerfist. I loved launching myself 1.5 city blocks yelling, "HERE COMES THE RAIL-SPLITTER!" (among friends of course) and absolutely crushing anything that was anywhere near ground zero.

Anybody try out the platinum challenges yet? I got all gold on everything and like 17 of my scores transferred to platinum. Haven't played the game since.

I've never heard of either of these games until now tbh. Where's that option? :|

I've never heard of either of these games until now tbh. Where's that option? :|

Get Prototype if you want to have crazy ass fun.

Get inFamous if your a PS3 nerd, or generally of the same state of mind as a typical macfag who choses their computer more as a fashion statement/being "different" then for its actualy practical value.

Or get neither and save yourself the cash until one or the other approaches a reasonable sub $60USD price tag.

Or get neither and save yourself the cash until one or the other approaches a reasonable sub $60USD price tag.

This is sound advice, but it all depends how cheap/poor you are.

If you trade in terminator salvation you can get it for 15 quid at gamestation(Or game I cant remember).

I think its a tenner if you trade in terminator but who actually bought it??

I got my copy of prototype for 3 quid when I traded in guitar hero metallica and rock band ACDC live

It amuses me that you can trade in the AC/DC track pack. You can rip the songs from it to play in RB1/2 then get some money back.

You trade in games!?

Are you insane!?

very, very rarely do I trade games in and besides I've already started to get sick of guitar hero/rock band so I traded those in considering the deal I got.

You trade in games!?

Are you insane!?
^This

Places like Gamestop are a huge ripoff. They tend to go by the popularity of the game rather than the content and ratings when pricing trade-ins and if the disk is in poor condition, expect even less. Older games tend to be less popular and you'd be lucky to only get a buck for them.

Usually it's around 5 games (if the games are popular at the time) for the price of 1 brand new.

I bought prototype today and within the first 10 minutes of the game it let me body surf someone, jump god knows how many feet into the air, ELBOW DROP a tank, and then throw it at a helicopter.

Holy Shit. Go get this now.

20090619.jpg

I think its a tenner if you trade in terminator but who actually bought it??

I got my copy of prototype for 3 quid when I traded in guitar hero metallica and rock band ACDC live

holy **** anyway my mate did so thought i would mention it

oh btw I traded those games in at an independent games store who gave me a really good deal, if i went to gamestation I would probably have got like 7 quid for both >_>

Anyone have any tip of how to bring down the second supreme hunter? You know the one I mean...

oh btw I traded those games in at an independent games store who gave me a really good deal, if i went to gamestation I would probably have got like 7 quid for both >_>

It's almost always better to sell them via ebay or craiglist or similar. I'll never trade games in, because most of the time you get massively ripped off.

Was just playing Prototype. I took out 2 Strike Teams of helicopters (Three apache) and a few other helicopters by karate-kicking them then using the whipfist (A whip-like arm with a blade on the end) to finish them off. And from there i went body surfing (5 chain combo FTW) and chucking infected at shit. I went on top of the Chrysler building, jumped 50 feet into the air and chucked an infected half-way across Manhattan. ****ing get this game, right now.

EDIT: I also went running through a crowd of 50 people, at full speed, with a shopping cart. You can imagine what happened when i hit. (I also did this with cars, logs, metal poles and park benches)

Anyone have any tip of how to bring down the second supreme hunter? You know the one I mean...
Use Whipfist to strike him from afar and throw the munitions lying around the carrier at him. Run away when he gets ready to use his Devastator. Blade works nice on him if you can get in close and stun him. Also the Critical Pain devastator does decent damage.

Also - Throw helicopters at him.

FYI, Pariah doesn't show up in Prototype. The end was just the Surprime Hunter you fight earliier in the game, but somehow got Alex's powers (maybe from him stepping in the hunters blood?)

Also -
there's only 1 surprime hunter. Both fights are the same one.

That one took me ages. Throw lots of things at him if you get a chance, and hijack an APC and throw a few rounds at him. He will blow the thing up in one swipe when he gets near you though unfortunately.

But yeah, equip the shield and keep parkouring around collecting health, while chipping away with whipfist. If you stun = bladefist time.

I died the first fight, second time it took me down to where he only had about | | <- that much health, and THEN it stunned him. I was like "WTF" but i was also like "Awesome i owned him without stuns :D"

Done. But I thought that Pariah changed into that hunter. Becouse that captain was Pariah right? If not where the hell did he go? I remember the scene where Alex steps in the pool of blood, and the hand pokes up. The cutscenes where a bit vague though. A bit rushed maybe.

Done. But I thought that Pariah changed into that hunter. Becouse that captain was Pariah right? If not where the hell did he go? I remember the scene where Alex steps in the pool of blood, and the hand pokes up. The cutscenes where a bit vague though. A bit rushed maybe.
Pariah wasn't in the game. He's being saved for a later installment. Cross could not have been Pariah, since he's a normal human being when we first meet him, but there's also a cutscene in the mission after you kill Greene that shows through the eyes of the infected attacking Cross and his squad. This is where the Supreme Hunter consumes him and becomes the Supreme Hybrid and retains the form of Cross until he betrays Alex. The hand poking up was the Supreme Hunter reformng its body after Alex stepped in the puddle.

It's also said that if Alex and Pariah had met that it would be "very, very bad".

Oh yeah. I just asumed becouse of cross being such a badass. I thought that infecto vision was just another hunter, reaviling Cross to be infected himself. Hence him being badass.

Some of the directions in Prototype are awful.

How the hell do you sabotage viral detectors?

Like, I can't destroy them, so it tells me to fast right click, and so I do that and it's like "wrong sequence!" and then random numbers will appear at the top quickly like i am supposed to hit those, but then the alarm just goes off.

You only need to right click once to start sabotaging, then press the numbers as they come up.

Back