Infamous or Prototype?

Infamous or Prototype

• Infamous

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Prototype

Votes: 60 70.6%

• Total voters
I will try again, also, do the ground spikes activate at random or something? Occasionally when doing a ground punch they come up, but never when desired.

You just hit the special attack key while standing with the Claws and he uses it. They can be charged too.

Edit: btw I would have plowed Elizabeth Greene, even if she was
a 50+ year old walking talking virus.

Oh I would plow her alright, with a ****ing tank. Followed by dropping that of shore aircraft carrier on her head.

I will try again, also, do the ground spikes activate at random or something? Occasionally when doing a ground punch they come up, but never when desired.

If your talking about the devestator attack you need to be in critical mass. If not, then do what the banana said.

You have a grab button., fast attack button, and then heavy attack button. It's the heavy attack button. Unless it's the deavastator attack. And it's 10x more awesome.

This just in: Snap Kick and SHORYUKEN are the best attacks in the game.

Edit: Yeah so I didn't read ZT's post very well. Charging the ground punch while in critical mass does the Spike Graveyard. My bad.

The AI in Prototype is pretty stupid, at times.

Like when I glide around just above people's heads, that thing is saying they're watching me, but they don't give a shit.

Then again, it probably gets harder as the game progresses.

Some of the directions in Prototype are awful.

How the hell do you sabotage viral detectors?

Like, I can't destroy them, so it tells me to fast right click, and so I do that and it's like "wrong sequence!" and then random numbers will appear at the top quickly like i am supposed to hit those, but then the alarm just goes off.

I admit the way the buttons randomly highlight themselves in time is a bit mis-leading, at first I thought it was a timing puzzle instead of "HIT THAT SHIT AS HARD AS YOU CAN"

Okay, I figured out the spikes.

But I am at another weird problem. So like, I just learned how to fly a helicopter, and it wants me to [TAB] target a viral detector. As soon as I do that, it tells me to hold [TAB] and "flick" my mouse to select a different viral detector?

I've spent like, 10 full minutes trying to figure out what or how the hell it wants me to do this "flick"?
I thought I was just supposed to destroy them, but they won't break.

Try useing the ad or arrow keys. I have the playstation version **** if i know.

I just killed some Supreme Hunter thing. Dunno how far I am, but my Web of Intrigue is over half full.

Also, Greene is sexy.

That Supreme Hunter took me forever to kill. Seems he and the L4D Tank trained at the same Super Accurate Throwing of Objects Academy.

I haven't quite figured out how to kill Elizabeth Greene when she's that giant blob with fingers.

I am kind of hoping there is something more to it than throwing stuff at her... which doesn't seem to work

I haven't quite figured out how to kill Elizabeth Greene when she's that giant blob with fingers.

I am kind of hoping there is something more to it than throwing stuff at her... which doesn't seem to work

Not so hot now is she? Ugh...

Ahem

To kill her you have to destroy each of the "fingers" and in the limited time after that you can do damage to the body. When the time expires the "fingers" regenerate and you have to do it all over again. Repeat all that until you get a cutscene with Mercer absorbing her. I suggest hijacking choppers and hitting her with everything you've got. If the chopper is destroyed more will appear.

This boss fight was a bitch, it seemed to last forever! And I was playing on easy!

Well, i went to get prototype this afternoon and it's awesome, i'm only just getting the hang of the controls etc so far.

I was worried i wouldn't like this game, but it's really good, i've only got as far as

Where you have to kill all those hunters

All good so far.

Not so hot now is she? Ugh...

Ahem

To kill her you have to destroy each of the "fingers" and in the limited time after that you can do damage to the body. When the time expires the "fingers" regenerate and you have to do it all over again. Repeat all that until you get a cutscene with Mercer absorbing her. I suggest hijacking choppers and hitting her with everything you've got. If the chopper is destroyed more will appear.

This boss fight was a bitch, it seemed to last forever! And I was playing on easy!

I just went to the highest building and did a devastator spike attack as soon as the green orbs passed. Did that many times, had no clue the fingers sticking out of her head were her weakness?

Anyways, I was really disappointed when Alex killed her. She was what kept me really interested in terms of the story, and it seems like she was cut out early.

Actually I have no idea how far I am.

Also, does anyone else think the super soldier badguy looks JUST like an older version of Dane Cook??

Just body surfed someone midair after launching off the Empire State Building and surfed them down to street level. My friend and I just flipped the **** out and high fived the couch.

Another easy way of beating greene is going to the tallest building in the area, then using the Blade Air-slice. It'll near 1 hit the fingers

I just went to the highest building and did a devastator spike attack as soon as the green orbs passed. Did that many times, had no clue the fingers sticking out of her head were her weakness?

Anyways, I was really disappointed when Alex killed her. She was what kept me really interested in terms of the story, and it seems like she was cut out early.

Actually I have no idea how far I am.

Also, does anyone else think the super soldier badguy looks JUST like an older version of Dane Cook??

You have just one leg of the story left. There are some pretty good missions coming up.

I was kinda disappointed in how whenever you consumed a plot character there was never anything really cinematic to show. It was just "hah! Gotcha!" *consume* *normal flashback thats no more interesting than the others*

i love how frantic prototype is, but infamous' comic panel cut scenes are nice.

For the greene fight

The cannonball power makes the fight so easy its not even funny. The big appendages die after about 5 or 6 cannon balls, and then at that point just air blade the **** out of greene with the sword while shes stunne. rinse and repeat.

I just saw Inane-ous in action today at a local Gamestop. Graphics were awful tbh because the draw distance was terrible. Still looked like decent fun though nevertheless. Not sure if I saw the whole story, but it it looked like all you could do was blow up cars and fry pedestrians with electricity. Looked like a Crackdown wannabe.

Found all the WOI targets.

Yeah I'm disappointed, but what the hey at least now I'm free to compare memories and dig out false/misleading information from others without worrying about undiscovered ones that may be related to the one I'm doing.

I think that's what they meant you to do. Instead of giving it to you, making you search for it like Alex had to. Or something.

The story is much harder to follow than I anticipated.

I just consumed a guy in a tank, and pretended to be him, while the one armed General guy shoots me in the head, then I grab him........ and
Well, something about him chopping off his infected arm at Idaho?

Anyways, then the super soldier guy grabs you and turns into a mutant out of nowhere.
I am not confused about the fact that he had his own agenda or anything..... but I am confused because... weren't all the face to face covos between him and Alex when he still had his helmet on, and they were on top of that roof, supposed to be future tense?

I suppose I am also confused why super soldier dude bothered to have long convos with Alex on top of a roof for the majority of the game like two buddies having a beer.

I just got Prototype and it is actually full of people and things to smash. its more chaotic and fun than inFamous so far and the sense of speed is really nice. I love games that make you feel all badass but inFamous made me feel like a weakling and i'd die randomly a lot in that game.

yeah the story is not told that well.

Basically 90% of the game is a flashback leading to the 2 guys talking on the roof and then the last boss encounter occurs.

Also
at some point can't remember when it showed you it implied that the supreme hunter consumed cross

only things i'm confused about are:

why didn't alex just disarm the bomb? He consumed general randall who had the nuclear codes after all. Also the WOI flashbacks implied the parasite you were injected with earlier was really deadly enemy, was this supposed to be the supreme hunter?? I'm not sure.

The story is much harder to follow than I anticipated.

I just consumed a guy in a tank, and pretended to be him, while the one armed General guy shoots me in the head, then I grab him........ and
Well, something about him chopping off his infected arm at Idaho?

Anyways, then the super soldier guy grabs you and turns into a mutant out of nowhere.
I am not confused about the fact that he had his own agenda or anything..... but I am confused because... weren't all the face to face covos between him and Alex when he still had his helmet on, and they were on top of that roof, supposed to be future tense?

I suppose I am also confused why super soldier dude bothered to have long convos with Alex on top of a roof for the majority of the game like two buddies having a beer.

Well

Theres a scene that implies that Cross was consumed by the Supreme Hunter. Now Cross was actually helping you before this, so when the Supreme Hunter consumed him, it used that to its advantage as a way to get closer to Alex so it could consume him and complete itself. But you kick its ass so its all good.

Well

Theres a scene that implies that Cross was consumed by the Supreme Hunter. Now Cross was actually helping you before this, so when the Supreme Hunter consumed him, it used that to its advantage as a way to get closer to Alex so it could consume him and complete itself. But you kick its ass so its all good.

Do you recall which scene it was that implied that?

Do you recall which scene it was that implied that?
When they are pulling out of Manhattan, there's a scene with Cross and his team holding out against infected coming over a fence and at one point it shows through their eyes and one specifically fixed on Cross.

This is one of those games that I find so frustratingly hard to the point where you don't have fun at times.

This last boss is a bitch, and his tendril attack is a load of BS since it's a one hit kill.
And don't forget the usual heat seeking slabs of concrete.

yaeh game can be annoying at times, and I also thought the last boss was a ***** :|

I finally beat that lame ass boss...

I think what's really disappointing is, at the end they almost imply that you can RID the city of the infection and the war, with the whole "my job ain't finished yet", but of course you cannot.

I think it would have been a really fun to allow the player to destroy hives and bases, slowly dwindling down the infected and military men.

OMG, the more I play Prototype the more fun it is. the more I played inFamous the more boring it became.

Back