It's alive! IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!

decrypting... at 43%

edit:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
errortfi.jpg

edit: god, mspaint makes some shitty jpegs

I was playing COD all night with friends and I'll probably give this a whirl tomorrow. I have no plans but I still want to play this eventually

i'm happy for you guys...have fun
everyone post their steamid's for group fun

EDIT: awwwwww ****ing L4D2 epic fail

If you get that error after decrypting your game, verify the game cache.

David Seth Two: What's you background, looks amazing.

Just played though the first couple of levels in Dead Centre. A lot of fun so far, the chainsaw was just awesome to use, as was the grenade launcher. It was interesting seeing the character development even in the first chapter, they hardly knew each other at all to begin with.

If you get that error after decrypting your game, verify the game cache.

Yeah i figured it out, but still thats a pain... did it do that to everyone?

David Seth Two: What's you background, looks amazing.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3014194#post3014194

Is it me or is this game a lot harder than L4D? I tried playing Dark Carnival on advanced and got my ass handed to me, then played the Parish on Normal and still managed to die twice on the finale

Is it me or is this game a lot harder than L4D? I tried playing Dark Carnival on advanced and got my ass handed to me, then played the Parish on Normal and still managed to die twice on the finale

3 reasons for that:
1. We're not yet used to the new gameplay, as in, whether to pick a chainsaw or a deagle, or how to handle chargers properly.
2. We don't know the layout of the maps. I just played Dark Carnival and got completely lost at times.
3. It is harder.

The clowns didn't give me any trouble at all, though.

Glad I didnt get up at 5am then!

Great game.

more more more...tell us more!!! ;D I will play this first at thursday. Me and my 3 pals (we bought the 4pack a month ago) will set up a lan on thursday and play. We all took vacation on friday from work so we can go from thursday-sunday without any boring stops ;D, well, maybe some sleep or so...gah this is gonna be awesome ;D

I pre-loaded the game last night, and when I opened Steam just now it goes crazy...my hard drive just keeps writing for no reason, my Games tab is stuck on "searching for Steam game updates", the store lists L4D2 as coming out on either 20th or 19th(it changes everytime I refresh the page. I'm in the UK btw.). Anyone else having similar problems?

That was happening to me this morning before I left for school... Right now I'm verifying game cache... Hope Valve fixes this quick before people start flooding the servers in an hour or so.

I pre-loaded the game last night, and when I opened Steam just now it goes crazy...my hard drive just keeps writing for no reason, my Games tab is stuck on "searching for Steam game updates", the store lists L4D2 as coming out on either 20th or 19th(it changes everytime I refresh the page. I'm in the UK btw.). Anyone else having similar problems?

same here and I'm in the states cept I can barely get Steam to work right now. I guess I'll just be playing either Dragon Ages or COD

took a while for me to decrypt the game, then I got the "incomplete download" but I just ignored it and tried firing it up again and it started. I only played a small bit because it was already about 2am by the time everything was ready to be played... looking forward to going at it again tonight.

I think it was actually decrypting, but Steam just decided to spaz out during the process instead of actually telling me that. After waiting for a while(total time was probably something like 20-30 minutes) everything went back to normal with L4D2 at 99% downloaded. I waited for that last bit to download, and now it works fine.

Just played through Dead Center, I hated the part where
you have to turn off the alarm, since the room where the switch is located is also where all the infected spawn from on the final stretch.

Also is it just me or is the grenade launcher useless? The grenade has a slow travel time, the blast radius is too small, reloading takes ten years, and there's high potential for friendly fire. I could see it being useful against a tank, but you'd have to be pretty lucky to find a GL right before or during a tank attack.

Amazing game, was definatly worth the wait for the full version.
Oh my god, Sugar Mill in Hard Rain is swarming with Witches.

Amazing game, was definatly worth the wait for the full version.
Oh my god, Sugar Mill in Hard Rain is swarming with Witches.

Hard Rain on expert in Realism Mode is impossible.

I've played finished all campaigns on normal and so far I think Hard Rain is my favourite. To me, it is the most frightening of all 5 campaigns.

Realism mode is kinda BS. Tanks and witches alike should be 1 headshot kills as any other zombie. They should've just called it "elite mode" that way you wouldn't confuse it with actual realism.

I am on Hard Rain now, and starting the Sugar Mill level.

Realism mode is kinda BS. Tanks and witches alike should be 1 headshot kills as any other zombie. They should've just called it "elite mode" that way you wouldn't confuse it with actual realism.
Actual realism would make the game unplayable. Imagine the occasional hit in the head having a fatal effect, instant kills with friendly fire, having to wait for a few months before your health is restored to 100 after using a medkit, etc.

Actual realism would make ANY game unplayable. So I'd rather stick with the 'realism' of outlines not being visible & witches instant-killing you. Too bad about the headshots - though yesterday I found out that Witches ARE in fact head shootable (hence the Crownd achievement of course). :smoking:

I would totally play that l4d2 realism mode. Hey it's do or die.

Well, I sure would like to try it if there'd be a mod for this... Do you happen to be any good with mod making? ;)

Just started playing it . . . never played the first L4D, but the second one so far is awesome, and fun. After the first two levels, I'm finally hitting the top of the kill #s... not bad considering I haven't really touched FPSs in a while.

Love the Katana.
Love when you have good teamwork too.... something totally different about the experience.

Swear Friday is a BAD day to play L4D2

Started 6 rounds, before I could get to the first safehouse, I swear every round either [1] I lost more health due to careless teammates than zombies, or [2] teammates would start attacking each-other intentionally. Oh well, it's about time to get ready to **** with other zombies (drunk people). These were normal or expert games (not easy).

P.S. Getting back into the FPS groove, typically I have 1.5x the kills of 2nd place.
EDIT: 1043 normal infected killed. Total zombies harmed 2113. On a rampage! :D

Didn't want to make my own thread for this but I was playing with Mikael, Sheepo and Monkey on Hard Rain a while back (my first time on Hard Rain too). On the way back from from picking up the diesel we got through the crops alright. We were pretty happy getting back into the elevator. Things were going good and we were having a nice chat over mics.

The doors open, we step out and there is a goddamn ninja tank right next to the elevator that didn't show itself till we stepped out. We had no ****ing idea it was there till it was on us. There wasn't even any music! In the middle of this shitstorm one of us (might have been Sheepo) gets punched over the hole in the middle of the floor and just manages to grab the ledge on the opposite side, saving his life, just about. Another one of us gets knocked down quickly leaving just me and I think it was Mikael to deal with the tank. Amazing that none of us died.

We got through the rest of the campaign with few hiccups until the finale, where when the boat arrived, I ran to the dock, got boomer'd and knocked down and the other three bastards run right over me to get to the boat and left me to die! I might add that I helped up twice as many incapacitated people as the rest of them. Bastards!

Back