Johnny Depp is a pretty cool guy

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Johnny Depp's flamboyant portrayal of Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean" was good enough for an Oscar nomination, but the actor says Disney was less than thrilled.

Depp talked about it in an interview with rocker Patti Smith for the January edition of Vanity Fair magazine. Depp said Disney "couldn't stand" his Sparrow and one person there even asked if Sparrow was gay. Depp told the Disney executive "all my characters are gay," and he said that "really made her nervous."

lol

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/depp-says-disney-hated-his-captain-sparrow-ap

Sparrow, gay? Did we watch the same movies? He's a drunk womanizer.

"all my characters are gay" "that really made her nervous"

GOLD

Depp's not a great actor, guilty of playing himself and nothing else. That said, his "don't you know all my characters are gay?" is kind of brilliant.

I like Depp as an actor. Some of his roles are annoying, but overall he pleases

the newest movies with Angelina looks downright atrocious. but yeah just about everyone and their mother's enjoyed the Pirates movies for the most part although they were overhyped to the max

Jack Sparrow wasn't gay, but everyone is gay for Jack Sparrow.

haha I can imagine this fat white Disney Rep started sweating when he told her this and on the way home from work she felt mad at herself for ever liking his movies.

I liked his version of Willy Wonka. Just the character, not the movie as a whole.

He was pretty awesome in Benny & Joon.

Back