JURASSSIC PARK LOOKS PRETTY COOL

I am prepared to try anything with dinosaurs.

As long as they follow through with what they say about "keeping the pace of the movie" it should be good.

Oh god I want Jurassic Park on bluray dammit!

Also I would play this game

Meh, Telltale lost my support with the free BTTF debacle. Dinosaurs look great but as always Telltales realistic humans leave a lot to be desired.

Goddamn those humans look awful. For a game that is supposedly all about slow in depth character development, those are some ugly looking ass, boring looking ass, fake looking ass, people.

I'm really, really excited about dinosaurs, but I don't know about this. Yeah, it's neat that they are not going the Rambo/Turok Route, which certainly isn't appropriate for Jurassic Park, but I cannot say if this is going to be any better. Like, okay, we're on a tropical island full of dinosaurs, you better have a really convincing reason that I should not be running around and shooting velociraptors or some shit. I want a game, not an interactive movie. I was hoping for a game revolving more around exploration.

Anyways, just look at that plastic, souless, ridged man. He does not look like someone I would connect to on an emotional level. In terms of visuals, this game looks like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It looks like it is trying to be realistic, but must use a bit of stylization as a handicap.

He looks like a dollar store action figure, and he looks like he wants to rape the Triceratops.

He bears a remarkable resemblance to a museum mannequin.

As a rule I hate the gameplay for TellTale's games, and while it does sound different, it still doesn't sound very good to me.

It wouldn’t be Jurassic Park without velociraptors, and Telltale says they are huge nuisances.

Nuisances? THE ****.

norm-478ccb7f1a18c-Jurassic+Park+%281993%29.jpeg

I don't want velociraptors that leave the water running. And neither does Muldoon.

I want a sequel to Jurassic Park: Trespasser far more than I want this.

The characters don't look that bad in most respects, but their shader for human skin is absolute balls. The model is fine, the textures are good, but the shader is wtf telltale. Also in that screenshot, the rig's weighting looks pretty bad, which probably means we're going to get some ****ing weird looking deformation of people's bodies when they're animated.

I can see this game turning out to be very bad, but as has been said in this thread a few times, I'll try anything with dinosaurs.

the model of that character looks like the models from Far Cry

I want a sequel to Jurassic Park: Trespasser far more than I want this.

This.

Now that the technology has advanced far enough and the ideas of Trespasser can be properly realised, nobody wants to even try.

"we don't want to make another dinosaur shooter"

Well that's unfortunate, because that's exactly what I want. I am not a fan of the STALKER series, however I think the whole survival RPG/FPS gameplay would work great with Jurassic park.

ridged man.

Rigid.

Thank you and good night.

I've always wanted a cave man styled dinosaur game where you had to hunt and survive living amongst the dinosaurs. Kind of like a realistic(graphics not premise) and violent flinstones.

I hate nowadays gaming. If graphics aren't all shiny and photorealistic, if the skin of characters isn't perfect, if shadows and models aren't state of the art, games are bound to be shitty.
Do you remember the good days, when style, gameplay and substance were more important than graphics?

I hate nowadays gaming. If graphics aren't all shiny and photorealistic, if the skin of characters isn't perfect, if shadows and models aren't state of the art, games are bound to be shitty.
Do you remember the good days, when style, gameplay and substance were more important than graphics?

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome my graphics are.

I'd also like to bitch about the crude use of iconic scenes from the movie--particularly the Rex in the compound hall.

I do, and for the most part I'm on your side. But ZT is right in what he says too; it doesn't have to be as bad as what we're seeing here. The problem doesn't just lie in what we're seeing in the screenshot, but in the designs themselves:

JP_CA_BillyYoder.jpg

JP_CA_Nima.jpg

Come on, look at this barrage of blandness. They're not even trying!

blandness? well the movies sure will be considered bland in design nowadays

just look at the vehicles
Jurassic%20Park%20Jeep.jpg

looks like a old toy that you forgot you had

or the entrance to the park

jurassic_park_jeep_01.jpg

it feels like hotwheels was the production designers

also not counting the style of telltale itself,and I think its better than going gritty gritty brown brown like any other game

and yes I would prefer a tresspasser kind of game

EDIT: but seeing that they mention heavy rain a lot maybe it means some executive pushed them to be like that game considering the fame it got,maybe is proof that heavy rain in indeed helping in making adventure games famous again?

Man, this makes me want a next-gen Dino Crisis, but this will do nicely I think. Telltale have a hard time doing anything wrong (imho) and JP is some of my favorite shit ever, so this is one for me to watch real close.

Jurassic Park scared me to death as a child.

still does

Jurassic Park scared me to death as a child.

I was one of the kids that was thinking "OMG cool" at the scene with the lawyer being eaten, while watching it for the first time in a theatre.

I was one of the kids that was thinking "OMG cool" at the scene with the lawyer being eaten, while watching it for the first time in a theatre.

I liked the movies but the thought of dinosaurs coming back to life and eating everyone is what scared me.

I was 3 when it came out, and my uncle took me to the theatre to see it. I remember crying and being taken out when Gennaro was plucked from the toilet. Obviously if I'd known what a lawyer was, I'd have whooped and cheered.

I was 3 when it came out, and my uncle took me to the theatre to see it. I remember crying and being taken out when Gennaro was plucked from the toilet. Obviously if I'd known what a lawyer was, I'd have whooped and cheered.

3? Jesus, your nothing but a whippersnapper.

I honestly thought he was in there taking a crap. Me and my brother whould joke about how he died taking a dump. It wasn't untill years later when rewatching it that I understood that he was just a coward hiding in the bathroom.

Hiding from a tyrannosaurus rex. ****ing coward.

I was 7 when I saw it. Before that I had already seen movies such as: Robo Cop, Terminator, Alien, The thing. So I was already pretty much desensitized to movie violence and gore, plus I knew what a lawyer was so...

I don't recall how old I was when I first saw it, but it was on VHS. My parents were having friends over so I was going to be on my own for the nights entertainment, which meant they would rent me a movie from blockbuster. I watched it alone, in the dark, and good god I was scared. I was hiding under the blanket for most of it, which only made things worse because with all the horrifying sounds the movie has, my imagination went crazy. Needless to say, I had trouble sleeping that night, and my parents couldn't figure out why I was so upset. I don't think they knew what Jurassic Park was really about. I watched it again the next day, in the light, and fell in love with it.

The first time I watched this movie, I think I was 7 or 8, and the Brontosaurus that shows up after the tree-crash made me cry. Thus I am confused by the fact that the Brontosaurus is my favourite dinosaur (which apparently doesn't actually exist).

I dont remnber the time I first watched it cuz I used to watch tons of dinosaurs movies in vhs as a kid,wasnt scared and nothing of that and dont think it affected me mentally since I already liked dinosaurs when I saw it,except maybe that when no one was seeing me I started to act like a velociraptor in my house...

so yeah not affected here

*<RJMC> jumps over desk and start biting lamp*

<RJMC> said:
I started to act like a velociraptor in my house...

so yeah not affected here

You sir are awesome.

This looks god damned awesome.

I think I saw the movie when I was about 5 or 6, my dad had bought it on VHS and the entire family sat down and watched it.
I was already in love with dinosaurs at that point so it was pretty much the best thing I had ever seen, though with our surround sound set up the t-rex sequences scared the ****ing shit out of me.

Good times.

edit: Also, Operation Genesis was probably the best JP game ever.
It had a number of flaws but I think it very nearly captured the atmosphere of the movies enough to warrant a try.
Not to mention it's a fairly decent theme park tycoon.

That scene didn't freak me out, but the scene where "Goddammit, I hate this hacker crap"'s arm fell on Ellie's shoulder did. That always made me and my sister hide behind the couch every saturday morning when we watched JP.

Back