Just Bought This Ram :)

Alan Freeman

Reaction score
Hey guys i Just bought this ram 4X512 Corsair = 2 gigs . Mainly for battlefield 2 and other upcomming games just to be safe. What are your guyses input on my purchase, was it a good move or what let me know. I heard Windows has no problems reading 2 gigs of ram and doesnt slow down at all , only if you run a windows 98 or under it does. I thought it was a good deal :) :thumbs:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=20-145-440&DEPA=1

And it got good reviews.

Alan Freeman said:
Hey guys i Just bought this ram 4X512 Corsair = 2 gigs . Mainly for battlefield 2 and other upcomming games just to be safe. What are your guyses input on my purchase, was it a good move or what let me know. I heard Windows has no problems reading 2 gigs of ram and doesnt slow down at all , only if you run a windows 98 or under it does. I thought it was a good deal :) :thumbs:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=20-145-440&DEPA=1

And it got good reviews.
Thats awesome!! You did a smart thing.

giant384 said:
jsut to be safe lol almost to safe there with 2 gigs
Don't you need at least 512 ram or more? I have 768 mb of ram. :LOL:

Homie said:
Don't you need at least 512 ram or more? I have 768 mb of ram. :LOL:
Running games with 1 gig is Awsome, I wonder what 2 gigs is going to bring me in performance, im sure a little more boost i hope.

i had this ram a while ago, infact its more expensive now then it was then

it wont give ua major boost going from 1 to 2 unless u multitask in such a massive way that u need to go over 1 gb on the memory,

cos if u only had 1 gb and u needed more it moves it to Virtual memory on hdd which will slow your pc down when it needs it back formthere and then it needs to swap stuff out to get it to fit,

also you get page faults when a program requests sumamt in ram and it isnt here and then it needs to go dig it off Hard drive and u get slow down! so download a 1 gb 3dsmax file or summat and then go play hl2 :p

check in your task manager ( if u got pro) and set it to show page faults and then run hl2 and the like n see what happens :)

I thought HL2 ran slightly slower with 2gigs of ram.

i was going to get that too... i wonder if its good for OC'ing... btw how do u OC hahaha...

Download CPUID and double check memory speed with those 4 sticks installed. =p
link

The Terminator said:
You would have been better off 1 gig and getting better ram.

Definitely.

Funny a gig of 2-2-2-5 stuff would tear apart his 2 gigs of Corsair... And I've yet to meet someone with justification as to needing two gigs (for a gamer anyways).

That is good memory, especially for the price. However, I think you may be overdoing it. Any computer has no use for 2G RAM, & personally I think it could be hurting you more than helping you.

The only way they would need 2g of ram would more than likely be for photoshopping, graphic design, etc. That is the main reason, but this guy plays games. So his is useless.

That's generally what I meant. When I said any computer, I meant any gaming computer.

ok results are in 1 gig is better than 2 for gaming :( 1 gig gives better performance

Back