Just Cause 2 Demo is Out!

Tried it, thought it was meh.

Dare I say it I had more fun with the demo of the first game seeing as there was an actual mission to do in it, not just blow specific things up until we tell you to stop >_>

Heh, there are missions in the demo for Just Cause 2, you just have to cause enough to chaos initially to be given them.

Yeah that's my problem with it. I don't wnat to grind to get a mission in a ****ing demo!

Yeah that's my problem with it. I don't wnat to grind to get a mission in a ****ing demo!

TBH, it doesn't take long and considering the demo is 19 minutes long, which you can gain extra time added to by "grinding" (though this beats any kind of RPG grinding) it isn't something that really impacts the demo at all. Besides, the conclusion to the first mission is worth any time spend causing Chaos to get it.

Fair enough though, I found it to be "more of the same" at first, but after spending a bit of time with it I realise that everything has been tightened up a great deal since the original. Not to mention that you no longer die instantly when a car clips you. :D

Game looks fun but it beyond my system's abilities. I'm also limited by Windows XP so it'll have to wait for an upgrade.(like everything else that's coming out. :()

Tried the demo and actually had a lot of fun, some hilarious bits too it and the platform aspects of it are really cool. And LOL that video of the gas canister is hilarious, gonna have to try that. May very well purchase this :O

Riding gas canisters is fun. It makes for a great escape if the military attacks in force.

If you wanna hook onto a gas canister you have to aim your grappling hook at the very top of the canister.

The demo was a big meh for me. The controls on the 360 sucked and overall it just wasn't that much fun. Of course, I could be spoiled after playing the 90 minute Darksiders demo.

:LOL: The ending was great. I wish I had DirectX 10.

After the recording stopped, he tumbled all the way down to bottom of the hill. Took him about 20 seconds. Every normal person would have been dead, but Scorpio ("They tell me I am the best.") just got up, brushed the dust of his clothes and said "Madre Dia". This game is so over the top that it is good.

The only things that irks me about this game is the ridiculous recoil on some of the weapons.
Weapons like the m240 are no fun to use at all. It's very annoying.

I wonder if they have added a remote detonator/C4 in the full game. Some objectives won't take damage, like the SAM sites, unless you use an explosive on them. Lobbing grenades at them isn't that effective.

There's a grenade launcher in the tower of the town that is right next to the start of the demo, helps taking down objectives.

Have you done the mission yet? Its somewhere in that base where you find the witness' coordinates. I forget the exact location, but its in there somewhere.

EDIT: hm, I couldnt find it again. Maybe it wasnt there. Either way though, if you cause enough chaos to get the second black market unlock, you can get it from there too.

There's a file out there the removes the timer, barriers and adds every weapon/vehicle to the Black Market. It makes the demo a lot more fun to play. I have tried a few trainer but they all crash the demo at the same spot.

Here you go. http://www.zshare.net/download/73513202873b2a03/
Uploaded it myself.

There's a file out there the removes the timer, barriers and adds every weapon/vehicle to the Black Market. It makes the demo a lot more fun to play. I have tried a few trainer but they all crash the demo at the same spot.

Here you go. http://www.zshare.net/download/73513202873b2a03/
Uploaded it myself.

Wait, are you saying they included the whole game world in the demo but just added barriers?

Wait, are you saying they included the whole game world in the demo but just added barriers?

I'm pretty sure there's terrain for the entire game world, it's just completely empty. The terrain is there so you can fly up really high in a helicopter and not see the world just fall off into a void, but if you were to get past the barriers you would find nothing but flat textured terrain.

Is anyone playing the full game yet? The NA release was on Wednesday and us Euros can start playing in about 20 minutes.

Yep, I bought it yesterday. WAY better than the first one, and a sandbox game that uses messing around to progress is a winner in my books.

Yep, I bought it yesterday. WAY better than the first one, and a sandbox game that uses messing around to progress is a winner in my books.

That is what I liked so much about the demo. Simply blowing stuff up and having fun netted you money and upgrades and more missions.

How big is Panau btw if you compare it to f.e. GTA SA?

The game is a lot of fun when you get the controls down pat. I didn't like the demo too well because I was frustrated trying to do stuff. Having a blast now that I figured the control scheme out.

Got the full game & am loving it!

PC controls are SOLID....with the exception of 360-controller-only. Tried some emulators, but those have been giving me problems so far.

The game can be played "repetitively" and in "Grind mode" but that's entirely optional. Playing missions, you'll quickly get enough "spare parts" to max-upgrade your favorite weapons and vehicles.

The environment is very interesting...a wide variety of terrain types (desert, snow, mountain, jungle, etc) that are well done, as well as a number of interesting locations. I just got done clearing out the "mile high" club... that's all I'll say to avoid spoilers.

The gameplay? Lots of explosions! And easy to move around the map. None of this "I don't have a vehicle, so I'm stuck moving 4mph" bullshit.

More later...but it's 5am and I have work tomorrow at 9.

One very important thing to remember. You DO NOT need a vehicle to travel around the world quickly.

What I tend to do in pretty much any landscape (though works best with buildings) is to grapple the ground and open much parachute mid-grapple. From here essentially you just keep grappling onto nearby buildings, trees, cliffs, whatever and reeling yourself in (E key by default) in order to pick up speed and gain more height. You can go faster than most cars and it becomes really useful if you need to chase someone but there are no cars in sight.

Also, pilotable passenger jet planes! **** yeah!

Try the Bolo Patch Trainer. http://m0.to/BOLOPatch/

It makes the Grapple stronger and lets you use multiple ropes, among other things.
Lotsa fun stringing several vehicles together etc.

Is the whole of Panau available right from the git-go or does the game world open up gradually?

One very important thing to remember. You DO NOT need a vehicle to travel around the world quickly.

What I tend to do in pretty much any landscape (though works best with buildings) is to grapple the ground and open much parachute mid-grapple. From here essentially you just keep grappling onto nearby buildings, trees, cliffs, whatever and reeling yourself in (E key by default) in order to pick up speed and gain more height. You can go faster than most cars and it becomes really useful if you need to chase someone but there are no cars in sight.

Also, pilotable passenger jet planes! **** yeah!

I've sailed across the entire map without touching ground by doing this. lots of fun. so much fun that I dont think I completed a single quest despite playing the game for hours

I've played for 12 hours already and I've only done a two story missions and a handful of faction missions. Ugh... just one... more... settlement.

Also (for those who haven't played yet)...not only can you move quickly with the parachute, as well as a variety of vehicles and aircraft.... You can fast-travel to any location you've visited previously. For a world this size...it's very useful.

P.S. I usually fast-travel to a location with an armed helicopter, then unleash destruction until I get shot down.

Played for two hours now and I am loving it. It is basically like the demo with way more toys and the whole of Panau for you to play with. Awesome game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lotxXvBtLWw

You can fast-travel to any location you've visited previously.

How does that work?

EDIT Nevermind, just found out that you simply have to unlock it from the black market.

Does anyone else have severe mouse lag when playing this game? I can be getting 40fps+ but the mouse handles like shit. It was the same in the demo.

Does anyone else have severe mouse lag when playing this game? I can be getting 40fps+ but the mouse handles like shit. It was the same in the demo.
Your video card may be rendering frames in advance. This will often cause mouse lag. If you reduce or turn that off, it may fix your mouse lag.

ATI: Adjust "Flip Queue Size"; that can be found in ATI Tray Tools. (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733)

Nvidia: If you have Coolbits (just download and install it) set the "max frames to render ahead" to 0.

Reduce by only one and test before going to far, since this is considered a good thing to have usually.

Back