Just Cause 2 Demo is Out!

Hmmm, very badly optimised considering the graphics are not that great.

So its crap? Is that what I am hearing? Am I actually hearing anything here yet? I was hoping it would be like the demo for Far Cry which BLEW ME AWAY.

There is a definite possibility of it sucking. Glad the demo came out so I can see if the game actually plays the way they make it seem. Saw a 10 minute gameplay vid on ign though, and it looked pretty good.

I forgot - No XP support! GAAAAAAAAAH

I really want to play this game. Looks like I won't be able to until at least the summer.

wait... what? You can't play it on XP?

What I have played so far seems alright, and they have improved the shitty vehicles, but it all still just seems slightly meh. Also it's farmerates are unbelievably erratic going from 60 fps in some places to 20 in others. Oh, and mouse lag has a habit of going to shit at some points as well.

Just played it and I think its huge improvement over the first game. Looks and runs great for me. (Running max settings at 1920x1080)

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Video: Radeon 5850

I'm not suprised with a Radeon 5850. I'd be pissed off if any game didn't run smooth maxed out. :)

Just downloaded it off XBL, this game is a freaking blast! Grappling hook has been taken to a whole notha level.

I am having fun with it as well. Just traveling through the world, causing chaos. It is very easy though and it all feels kinda clunky and shallow. Blow up a few things, find some hidden packages, kill a couple of soldiers, and on to the next village. It is an improvement over the first installment, but this is still a B-game. Albeit a good one.

no XP is lame
I was considering getting it for PC but now I can't
might rent in on 360...

A huge improvement over the first one, I'm really having fun with this one.

My favorite part was parachuting into a group of enemys while raining fire upon there heads with a grenade launcher.

Hmmm, very badly optimised considering the graphics are not that great.

No, it's not. You more than likely need to upgrade your system.

Anyway. This is definitely an improvement over the first game. The thing that you can do with the new grappling hook adds a whole new level of fun and craziness.
The car handling is much better this time around. It looks frickin gorgeous too.
Lotsa terrain for a demo. Yes, it's timed but i wouldn't be surprised if somebody released a mod or trainer to remove the timer within a week.

This is awesome amounts of stupid fun. I ran around parachuting off cliffs and stunting off jeeps killing everyone for a while and it's a huge improvement over the first. I particularly enjoyed falling roughly 300 meters and not taking a scratch, hijacking a fruit cart, ghost riding it and pulling out two mp5s and picking off a bunch of guards.

Worth playing the demo if you've got the comp, pretty shit framerate on this laptop despite it being only a year or so old.

The age of a computer rarely has much to do with how well it plays games.

I wanted to try this out at work, but i have XP there. Downloading it at home now. My friend who was saying he anticipated it being shit told me its now a must buy for him. Good news.

Shame you got a Radeon, nVidia GPUs get several extra features via their patented CUDA technology.

As for myself, I'll have to resort to playing this on my 360, I mean my comp's over 3 years old, still running on WinXP and yadayadayada.

Maybe it's time for me to buy a new comp but I dunno, afraid of even more compatibility problems with my older games.

Holy hell this new grappling hook is making this game. I love the ability to pull yourself along while parachuting.

Shame you got a Radeon, nVidia GPUs get several extra features via their patented CUDA technology.

As for myself, I'll have to resort to playing this on my 360, I mean my comp's over 3 years old, still running on WinXP and yadayadayada.

Maybe it's time for me to buy a new comp but I dunno, afraid of even more compatibility problems with my older games.

My mobo is cross-fire ready, so I went with the Radeon.

Just dual boot:

-Create at least one partition on your HDD.

-install XP first.

-install Win7 last.

Problem solved. When you boot your computer, you can now choose which OS to load.

You can also triple or quad boot.

If you wanted to install older systems like DOS or Win 95, then you'll need to create more partitions (you can have up to 4) and you'll need to read up: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306559

Just dual boot:

-Create at least one partition on your HDD.

-install XP first.

-install Win7 last.

Problem solved. When you boot your computer, you can now choose which OS to load.

You can also triple or quad boot.

If you wanted to install older systems like DOS or Win 95, then you'll need to create more partitions (you can have up to 4) and you'll need to read up: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306559

Yeah I guess, I do multi-partition, I always keep all files(music, gaming files etc etc) on a separate partition from my OS.

The demo was pretty awesome. There's much more of a learning curve than the videos made it seem like, though, it took me a while before I was doing some of the really awesome stunts. The only disappointment was that my first experiment in the game in which involved me shooting a pressurized fuel can and quickly catching it with my grappling hook to ride it into the upper atmosphere turned out to be impossible :(

Edit: Holy shit, I guess I was just doing it wrong, it turns out it IS possible. I love this game.

Just played it and I think its huge improvement over the first game.

not really an accomplishment, considering that if you took a disc and smeared shit on it and sent it off to printing you'd have something better than the original.

How can they get something like the parachute and grappling hook mechanics so right and then go and put ****ing quick time events in.

This demo is so sweet. Jumpin' out of a helicopter so high in the air and following it down.

And yeah, I did the rocket thing. Fun. It's an easy way to get some height if you need to move quickly in a small area.

Hmm, will have to try the rocket thing next time.

I can't decide which platform to get this for. It looks so damn good on PC, and the shooting is so much more accurate, but I like to parachute with the controller so much better. I have a wired 360 controller so i can use that on the PC, but then I also can only play it in my room with this monitor instead of my bigger tv and on the couch. It seems like I would play it more leisurely and just mess around for awhile, which would lend itself to the couch situation, but there may be intense shootouts or tricky stunts where I would be kicking myself for not going mouse/keyboard.

Tried it, thought it was meh.

Dare I say it I had more fun with the demo of the first game seeing as there was an actual mission to do in it, not just blow specific things up until we tell you to stop >_>

Back