Just Cause 2 Demo is Out!

I had mouse lag when using a 360 controller emulator on the demo. Try disabling any controller inputs.

P.S. Is there a simple way to capture replays? Or do you have to just constantly record with something like fraps?

The car physics are insane. I had a Limousine spin about 20 times in one crash and then continued to roll over.

Man, the Mile High Club is an awesome idea. I happened to be recording when I first saw it, and as I flew by it I knew that I was going to love this game. So much fun already had. So much fun left to have.

justcause22010032519075.gif

Man, the Mile High Club is an awesome idea. I happened to be recording when I first saw it, and as I flew by it I knew that I was going to love this game. So much fun already had. So much fun left to have.

Yeah man... when I first rolled up to the Mile High Club, I was expecting a gangster's hangout... was ready for an all out battle. And then I heard the music.

It was an awesome experience... went there relatively early on in my gameplay too, like you.

Everything I've seen about this game so far is so sick. And I love open world games - especially with guns and cars.

But I'll have to pick it up down the road because my video card is way underpowered.

You can run a test (Futuremark) to see if your PC meets the requirements: http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10384/

Your video card may be rendering frames in advance. This will often cause mouse lag. If you reduce or turn that off, it may fix your mouse lag.

ATI: Adjust "Flip Queue Size"; that can be found in ATI Tray Tools. (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=733)

Nvidia: If you have Coolbits (just download and install it) set the "max frames to render ahead" to 0.

Reduce by only one and test before going to far, since this is considered a good thing to have usually.

Nah, tried the "render ahead" with the demo with no result. Checking the Just Cause 2 forums it seems to be a common issue. I'll just have to plug on and hope they patch it.

I see.

Anyone come across any speed-boats or power boats yet? The water is amazing. I think that would be wicked to have a side by side submachinegun shootout at full speed, hitting waves and wakes and flipping to different boats or something. Stick some explosives on the boat and bail. :cool:

I like how you hear a thumping bass as you get near to it. It really sounds like you are passing a big party when you fly past it.

Anyone come across any speed-boats or power boats yet?

There is a powerboat in the water in front of the house where you arrive after the intro missions.

P.S. Is there a simple way to capture replays? Or do you have to just constantly record with something like fraps?

The PS3 has an automatic capture function. On the PC you will have to use Fraps or something like that.

Yes, there are speed-boats and power boats, just like in the first game.:)

Is this game any good on consoles? Wondering if I should pick it up.

Played this game for about 15 hours now and it still doesn't get old for me. Actually, I haven't done any of the Story of Faction missions yet except for the intro missions. I am still too busy simply exploring the world, seeing the sights, trying out stuff, and blowing the shit out of everything I run into. Stuff I still need to try out:

Aerial ballet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TvKUjgE6y8

Assassination with a plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD90qfaOP6c

Six things you have to try in Just Cause 2

I've spent more than sixty hours in Panau at this point, so I thought I'd give you a guided tour of the most ridiculous things you can do in it. I've made a video of each, and you can watch them all as a playlist over on our YouTube channel. Otherwise, read on for the individual clips and a little edification.

Link

I did number 2 and 4 but the other ones look fun as well.

How did the wire not snap? That's the worst problem I have... ****ing weak ass wire snapping when I try to do cool things.

Has anyone else found the super badass military jet yet? There's a couple in the military airbase in the southwest corner of the world, pretty close to the coast. They have quad autocannons (ones that explode on impact like the APC's) PLUS quad rockets. Slow as shit at turning, but who needs snappy handling when you're the HARBINGER OF DEATH?

I hope that the devs release some form of patch for the console versions that enables you to use a cheat to make the wires not snap so easily, and maybe also like the trainer, being able to deploy multiple wires simultaneously.

I can't run the PC version(not on any decent looking settings) so.:(

I wanna do all those cool things too!

Has anyone else found the super badass military jet yet? There's a couple in the military airbase in the southwest corner of the world, pretty close to the coast. They have quad autocannons (ones that explode on impact like the APC's) PLUS quad rockets. Slow as shit at turning, but who needs snappy handling when you're the HARBINGER OF DEATH?

I found it, but I crashed it due to the poor handling. After flying it though, I wished there would be a military bomber to fly.

I've started playing with my 360 pad instead of keyboard and mouse which has sorted out the mouse lag problem and it's easier to access all the needed controls.

Yeah, I've just been using my 360 controller the entire time. I like it a bit better than keyboard & mouse, even though I don't have mouse lag. Sometimes I'll use the mouse to aim at far away things though.

Has anyone else found the super badass military jet yet?\
It's at a few airports, in hangars. Controlling airplanes with the keyboard sucks though... need to figure out the 360-controller-emulator stuff so I can use one of my logitechs.

That looks like a modified Sukhoi.

I don't think it has that many missiles.

The cars trying to drive away with a cable stuck to them made me lol hard :LOL:

Thanks. It is a lot of fun to do. The AI gets really frantic when it can't continue driving. You will need the BOLOpatch to do it though, since you need a stronger grapple.

Where did you find that plane?

That is the G9 (or G6, I always forget). It can be found on most military airbases. Handles like a log, but the auto cannon is awesome.

Have to say Id like to get this game.

I like the mindlessness. Like Mercs 2. Mercs 2 was mindless but pretty crap.

This game seems like its much more fun to just do nothing but mess around in. Like having loads more freedom than in GTA4. I love that.

I would never play Just Cause or Just Cause 2 for the story.

Have to say Id like to get this game.

I like the mindlessness. Like Mercs 2. Mercs 2 was mindless but pretty crap.

This game seems like its much more fun to just do nothing but mess around in. Like having loads more freedom than in GTA4. I love that.

I would never play Just Cause or Just Cause 2 for the story.

Yup, you're right. Although I have to say that the Story and Faction missions aren't as bad as some review sites make them out to be. I played a couple yesterday, and they were entertaining enough to keep playing. You just have to keep in mind that the story is very tongue in cheek. Taking the missions too serious isn't a good idea.

Thats pretty much the universally agreed approach, like MW2; dont get the game for the story as its crap.

It kind of reminds me of Red Faction Guerilla. I didnt give a damn about the story, I didnt buy the game for the story. I bought it for the openworld style. I love finding all the collectibles dotted around the map, it adds so much length to a game. Personally I feel it just adds a feeling of value, like youre getting your money's worth out of the game.

A game that only lasts 12 hours like Ratchet and Clank Crack In Time is good, but its a ripoff when compared to a game like Final Fantasy 13 or Borderlands where you can pour 50-100 hours in easily (and more of course).

The fact that the prices are the same on release is testmony to that.

If Im paying £40 for a game, I want it to stay on my shelf for months and months, where I see it and think 'Yeah, I fancy playing that some more'. Even if I had previously finished it.

Like Assassins Creed 2. I poured about 30 hours into that game excluding the DLC. I finished the story in about 20 or so hours, as I did all the side missions etc, I would still happily go into that game now and again, just randomly, and run around picking fights etc. Even if it was just for half an hour or so, Id have fun watching the animations, or try and get the timing right after throwing sand in the guys face so that he did the multiple stabs to the stomach with the double blades, which is by far one of the coolest looking things in gaming.

Yeah it would get a little dull after a while and eventually you would just turn the game off, especially as I would/did have all the collectables and gear etc, but it's still that kind of game; when Im bored, fire it up and have a laugh.

Thats how I see this game; a timewaster that is fun at the same time.

Not a game where you buy or rent it, finish it, then send it straight back or trade it in because you know youre never going to play it again.

This game looks like its one of those long-term keepers. Its singleplayer only so eventually you will 'finish' it, and its got a shorter lifespan than the likes of Bad Company 2 due to the multiplayer, but you'd definitely get your money's worth of fun out of this game I think.

I have played the game for over 20 hours now and I have the feeling that I barely scratched its surface.

damnit, wish I could've bought this for PC

I especially like the multiple grapple line mod...
I watched this one guy attach like 10 lines to an enemy soldier, pinning him in place above the airfield as a plane flew directly into him
:)

Wow Rayman, haven't seen you in forever. Awesome vid.

How well does this game run with a 8800GT?

I have played the game for over 20 hours now and I have the feeling that I barely scratched its surface.

When I hit 16 hours, I looked at the save file information, and it said I was 18% complete.

D:

Attempting to reenact 9/11 by surfing a jet into a building only for the jet to glitch through the building and explode after hitting a propaganda trailer behind it and killing 6 guys makes this a 10/10 for me.

Back