Keanu Reeves rumored to play Spike in Cowboy Bebop film.

You act like Cowboy Bebop wasn't already intended for an American audience in the first place. It's not true Japan anime, it was designed for American viewers (thus the English voice actors are the proper ones, and it's dubbed to Japanese).
I did not know this!

Never cared for any anime that aired on american television. With the exception of DBZ all those years ago, of course.

You act like Cowboy Bebop wasn't already intended for an American audience in the first place. It's not true Japan anime, it was designed for American viewers (thus the English voice actors are the proper ones, and it's dubbed to Japanese).

Are you sure about that? I thought it first aired in Japan in like 1998, and then was dubbed and shown in North America in 2001. Unless of course you weren't speaking literally about the dubbing, in which case you are correct, the English voice actors did an amazing job.

But you are right about it having a lot of cultural stuff from America. Cowboy Bebop, and Watanabe's later work, Samurai Champloo, are filled with Western cultural influences.

Well I was watching the movie Brick and I thought to myself if they were to make a Cowboy Bebop movie I think Joseph Gordon Levitt should play Spike.

I'd rather they didn't do this but that was who I thought should of played Spike. Oh well.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Nononononononononono-

nooooooooooooooooonononooooooooononoooooooooooooononononononononono.

:(

Note: I don't even dislike Keanu as an actor, I just think that they shouldn't make a live action Bebop movie, and if they must, I really think he is terrible for the part.

I just CAN'T look at him and go..."Hey, he reminds me of Spike!"

Baahhhhh!

OO LOORD! NOOT KEONO WEEVES! D:

KAENUWEEVES-2f.jpg

On topic, Oh god I can see it now...

"OI AM COWBOI BEBOP KEANU! Put your hands up, you... Space skum! Keanu bebop will take you to jail and claim his just... re... oh man... Forgot what i was gonna say... ... ... ... ... ... ... OH! And claim my... Just reward!"

*Shudders*

In other news, Adult Swim isn't putting Cowboy Bebop on their "Old School Fridays" lineup, even though it was the very first anime series they aired. They are replacing it with The Oblongs.

In other news, Adult Swim isn't putting Cowboy Bebop on their "Old School Fridays" lineup, even though it was the very first anime series they aired. They are replacing it with The Oblongs.

Wtf? Shitty.

God, I've said it before, haven't I? I love this shit. Keep doing it, Hollywood. Ruin more and more anime series with your terrible live action film adaptations. Fill them with shitty cast lists. Oh God I can TASTE the disappointment. If I listen real hard I think I can hear the collective voice of anime fans on the internet crying out in dismay.

It is GLORIOUS.

Aaaawww-blongs.. Awwwww-blongs.. Down in the valley where the chemicals spill, come from the people living up on the hill!

Still a good show, I've also never seen nor heard about Cowboy Bebop.

God, I've said it before, haven't I? I love this shit. Keep doing it, Hollywood. Ruin more and more anime series with your terrible live action film adaptations. Fill them with shitty cast lists. Oh God I can TASTE the disappointment. If I listen real hard I think I can hear the collective voice of anime fans on the internet crying out in dismay.

It is GLORIOUS.

come brother, let us bask.

If I listen real hard I think I can hear the collective voice of anime fans on the internet crying out in dismay.

Pretty sure that's actually the sound of them jerking it to KAAAWAAIIII ^___^ 8 year old girls.

Back