Kickass Games

Reaction score
You know what I mean, those games that make you think "Holy crap this is a cool game" 15 minutes through.

The most kickass game I've ever played, regardless of it's overall quality, would be Red Steel 2 for the Wii. What game lets you feel like you're launching your opponent into the air and shooting him to pieces before he even hits the floor? Not Red Steel 2. But it sure as hell comes closest with some of the *shudder* best motion controls for the Wii. They still suck, but they suck less than usual.

If you don't have a Wii, I recommend Just Cause 2, because you get to play as Spider-Bond, the physics defying wizard of the twelfth dimension.

Anyway, I need more kickass games.

Gimme some.

Crysis is a fun one if you know how to use stealth to your advantage. It's a game-breaking mechanic quite honestly.

Hotline Miami is a super-fast-paced game with comical amounts of visceral 8-bit violence. Open a door, grab knocked out guy, slam head into floor until blood explodes in a gout out of his neck stump then take his knife and stab his three friends coming to kill you. Nab one of their shotguns and start shooting everyone else until at the end there's 20 bodies and a whole lot of carnage and spent ammo. Go to the next level, rinse, repeat.

I also kind of feel that way about FC3 when you start getting good knife-kill upgrades. I have destroyed entire pirate outposts simply by knife-murders or releasing tigers/bears/leopards from cages before. It's lulzy as **** to release caged animals in enemy encampments. The pirates flip a shit and drop like flies when a tiger gets out. Unfortunately it's an open-world game so you really don't spend most of your time doing awesome knife kills and shit, but when it happens it's ****ing awesome.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dark Souls. Dark Souls, an Dark Souls. ALWAYS Dark Souls.

I want to play FC3 so bad. Unfortunately, I've only played FC2, which is great, but not as kickass as FC3.

I want to play FC3 so bad. Unfortunately, I've only played FC2, which is great, but not as kickass as FC3.

I honestly hated FC2. The oogabooga kill da white man trucks ruined it for me. Not to mention, the retarded exploding crossbow bolts and other ridiculous shit gets a little old. FC3 gets rid of that in favor of when you clear an area, it actually stays free of douche bags and you can have a compound bow that you have to actually pay for grenades to use.

I honestly hated FC2. The oogabooga kill da white man trucks ruined it for me. Not to mention, the retarded exploding crossbow bolts and other ridiculous shit gets a little old. FC3 gets rid of that in favor of when you clear an area, it actually stays free of douche bags and you can have a compound bow that you have to actually pay for grenades to use.
I bought FC2 for 5 bucks, so I didn't exactly have high expectations.
Metal Gear Rising

that's all I'm saying
I was waiting for someone to say that. God, I want a non-Nintendo console.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Dark Souls. Dark Souls, an Dark Souls. ALWAYS Dark Souls.

Came here to say this. Bad port be damned, I haven't had such an amazing experience with one game since Half Life 2 came out.

Came here to say this. Bad port be damned, I haven't had such an amazing experience with one game since Half Life 2 came out.
It's so good. I have 100 hours in the PC version, and just bought the PS3 version. If my XBOX still worked I'd buy it for that, too. Also the port is perfect if you get the resolution fix and play it with a 360 controller on PC. Works and looks amazing.

Also the port is perfect if you get the resolution fix and play it with a 360 controller on PC. Works and looks amazing.

Oh for sure, I used the res fixes and used a controller for the whole game. The experience I had was practically identical to when I had the 360 version (minus a few crashes, and it looked way prettier).

Thinking of doing another playthrough over the summer. Did a pretty standard tank/pyromancy build for my first playthrough, but this time I'm looking to challenge myself with a faith build of some sort. Can't freaking wait for Dark Souls II to come out, apparently GT is doing a feature on it this Thursday.

I'm currently doing a dex/faith build, and also a OneBro (beating the game at level 1, already beat Anor Londo, doing 4 kings atm). I've got like 5 characters on my PC :p

I normally never preorder games, but Dark Souls II is one of the rare incidents I definitely will. I can't wait either!

Back