L.A. Noire (New Rockstar PS3 title)

Ingame footage or pre-rendered ?

If thats ingame, this going to be fun.

Its really hard to tell if thats ingame or not, I know its not actual gameplay, but it could be in engine... Its probably safest to say its render target, using in game material.

The trailer sucks. Show me gamplay or don't show me nothing at all.

you dont seem to know the difference between trailers and teasiers...

it's a ****ing 2:30 trailer , show something FROM THE GAME!
I really don't understand the excitement about this title. We havn't seen ANYTHING from it and people are hyping themselves out. A dev. with a bad record , a game which we havn't seen pixel from and people are excited.

Just don't complain about bad games and cry why this game turned out that way and the other game disappointed. STOP HYPING GAMES WITH NO REASON.

it's a ****ing 2:30 trailer , show something FROM THE GAME!
I really don't understand the excitement about this title. We havn't seen ANYTHING from it and people are hyping themselves out. A dev. with a bad record , a game which we havn't seen pixel from and people are excited.

Just don't complain about bad games and cry why this game turned out that way and the other game disappointed. STOP HYPING GAMES WITH NO REASON.

This is an idiotic post, people can't be excited for something, simply because you say so? Maybe its the idea of a gritty crime drama, the story, the setting, etc. that gets people "hyped".

...and more of a reason to get dissapointed when the game turns out nothing like we imagined because the lack of actual gameplay footage in the trailer.

Simple fix, don't fookin' bother with it then. Forget it even exists. I don't know how I'm going to be dissapointed, the trailer clearly shows a 40's style gangster era, they've [developers] said they are making a crime drama, the name implies film noir narrative, and the teaser trailer indeed confirms this. So exactly what the hell are you guys on about?

That still doesn't say anything about how the actual game will play besides being "kinda like Mafia".

Okay, I'll give you that, but is that reason enough not to get excited for the game? (concept alone) As I said a few posts up, maybe people are getting "hyped" for this title because of the premise/setting. Why should I not be interested in this game? Please tell me why, because I haven't seen how the game will play?

I never said I wasn't excited :) I'm just afraid I'm going to get dissapointed. I've been wanting a game like this for ever, and I'm praying for the best.

I'm just excitied for the setting and crime drama/noir plot. People didn't like the gameplay in the Getaway, but dammit you can't deny it had a good story.

"Maybe its the idea of a gritty crime drama, the story, the setting, etc. that gets people "hyped"."

So pretty much i need to get hyped about every game that is announced? You got it right - "the idea". Everything sounds good on paper. Does the game sound refreshing and different? Yes , but Bad Day L.A too.

If you are not going to show gameplay then I got nothing to get excited about , no matter how good it sounds on paper.

They should show us their game , mainly because they have a bad record , so why should I think the game will be good if you are not showing freaking in game footage at least. It's a bad call and more or less a waste of the viewer's time. It was certainly for me.

I'm just excitied for the setting and crime drama/noir plot. People didn't like the gameplay in the Getaway, but dammit you can't deny it had a good story.

The story was cack. Or at least the writing was. Really poor stuff.

"Maybe its the idea of a gritty crime drama, the story, the setting, etc. that gets people "hyped"."

So pretty much i need to get hyped about every game that is announced? You got it right - "the idea". Everything sounds good on paper. Does the game sound refreshing and different? Yes , but Bad Day L.A too.

If you are not going to show gameplay then I got nothing to get excited about , no matter how good it sounds on paper.

They should show us their game , mainly because they have a bad record , so why should I think the game will be good if you are not showing freaking in game footage at least. It's a bad call and more or less a waste of the viewer's time. It was certainly for me.

Then why are you even in this thread? You are a bitter person, everything has to be exactly as you wish, or its bunk. Well you know what, your bunk, go away.

No , I simply want to see the game. Not CG - the game itself , preferably being played.
Why was I in the thread? Well , I was waiting to see the trailer and see how the game is but alas that didn't turn out.

looks great, looove the facial animations
now let's see some gameplay!

Man, I wish I could get into this, but I never cared for any stories from that time period and the game doesn't look to break any really new ground, but it's hard to tell without seeing what sort of actual detective work there will be to do. I mean, Police Quest was pretty damn thorough when it came to nailing bad guys by the book, so if R* can top that, they may be on to something. I really hope it's not all talk about the facial animations and body language being used to detect guilt. I see that now as being over-hyped and VASTLY underdelivered upon: "Look! He twitched when we mentioned the girl's name! We've got our man!" That sort of thing. And can they beat the CSI adventure games or Blade Runner or any of the best story-heavy detective adventures out there? Or will this be a detective game in the sense that Arkham Asylum was a detective game which is not to say that it was bad, it just was not all that fleshed out in terms of detective work. Time will tell I guess. I still long for that very first B&W trailer from ages ago. THAT game I would have bought hands down....

lol, thread from 2006 about a new game, being bumped four years later with the very first trailer.

Animations look good. Some over-acting, but whatevs. Show me a gameplay video and then I'll start believing there has been actual work done on it.

A Mafia game made by Rockstar? Want!(assuming they know what to do with the idea as much as with GTA/RDR)
Although it is probably never going to get ported to PC.

Eh, I dunno, there is something super uncanny valley about those faces.

it's being developed by Team Bondi, not Rockstar FYI
console only :(

I'd prefer a Sci Fi Rockstar game, but this looks cool too.

I hope this trend of no pc dont last long in rockstar

this could be really good or very disappointing; do scores will be from 7s to 9s then :p

i'll keep an eye on this; its got a solid concept behind it after all

Back