L4D2 Boycott

I don't have a choice. L4D is built on the community, and the community is probably going to move to L4D2. As well as the updates. Meaning everything that's broken will still be broken.

And I really can't see how the "little bitch" argument is valid to a discussion.

What? Besides the fact that they're being a little bitches?

This, pretty much. "WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

That's a little bitch.

*EDIT* Wait, why aren't you complaining about CS 1.6 and CSS? That is the exact same thing that happened. Well, not the time, but that is 100% irrelevant.

bleh4.jpg

Yeah yeah yeah. But you know what I meant. Otherwise bleh4 back to you. :rolling:

I don't have a choice. L4D is built on the community, and the community is probably going to move to L4D2. As well as the updates. Meaning everything that's broken will still be broken.

And I really can't see how the "little bitch" argument is valid to a discussion.

The main thing that is broken is the community. No one seems to want to play fair and have fun. Every time i play everyone is always exploiting using shiva stacking where the infected can't really get you and they are the ones that ruin the game. When the exploit on NM gas station was found out everyone was using it to bypass the crescendo where's the fun in that?
Versus mode is broken due to the community who keep rage quitting. L4D is still fun but only with friends who don't all camp in a corner it adds the challenge back in. L4D should be left to rot along with it's community

The main thing that is broken is the community. No one seems to want to play fair and have fun. Every time i play everyone is always exploiting using shiva stacking where the infected can't really get you and they are the ones that ruin the game. When the exploit on NM gas station was found out everyone was using it to bypass the crescendo where's the fun in that?

hey guys lets blame the community for exploiting bugs/imbalances that valve knows about and should have fixed within days of their discovery

oh wait nevermind that's too much to expect from a company that has given speeches about customer service. sorry lol.

*EDIT* Wait, why aren't you complaining about CS 1.6 and CSS? That is the exact same thing that happened. Well, not the time, but that is 100% irrelevant.

I never got into either CS, but from what I can see CSS is a DIFFERENT GAME THAN CS 1.6. New engine, new graphics, same core gameplay but different style and mechanics. It's a different game. L4D2 is an addon with content that will frankly be either useless or overpowered. I'm not paying $50 for a game that a regular company would price as a $20 expansion.

_______

What makes you guys think that the "shitty community" won't migrate to L4D2? You're just being delusional now.

I would also appreciate it if some of you contributed to the discussion instead of Ctrl+V-ing "whiny bitches".

hey guys lets blame the community for exploiting bugs/imbalances that valve knows about and should have fixed within days of their discovery

Well, yes.
Just because they exist doesn't mean you should use them, and yell at players who don't. The community as a whole sucks, I hope L4D2 will winnow out most of the morons.

What makes you guys think that the "shitty community" won't migrate to L4D2? You're just being delusional now.
Well hopefully the idiots keep their promise to boycott.

oh wait nevermind that's too much to expect from a company that has given speeches about customer service. sorry lol.

I never got into either CS, but from what I can see CSS is a DIFFERENT GAME THAN CS 1.6. New engine, new graphics, same core gameplay but different style and mechanics. It's a different game. L4D2 is an addon with content that will frankly be either useless or overpowered. I'm not paying $50 for a game that a regular company would price as a $20 expansion.

_______

I would also appreciate it if some of you contributed to the discussion instead of Ctrl+V-ing "whiny bitches".

So, the same game prettier is worth $50, but a new game that looks the same isn't? I don't understand your reasoning.

Thank you for summing up what is wrong with the L4D community. Your excusing basically says everything that makes the online gaming experience is "Valves fault". All the people that purposly ruin the experience for others have no responsibility for their own actions.

I never got into either CS, but from what I can see CSS is a DIFFERENT GAME THAN CS 1.6. New engine, new graphics, same core gameplay but different style and mechanics.

CS:S had the exact same weapons. Had less maps than 1.6 and the maps it had were remakes of 1.6. Had the exact same gameplay. No new game modes introduced. It just had a new engine with higher resolution graphics. So if playing the same L4D campaigns again in a new engine and higher graphics = justified sequel to you then by all means you hold on to L4D and wait for a new engine.

I will buy this so called "expansion" that is bigger than the entire 'game' of L4D, has updated AID, some additions to gameplay, additional weapons, additional characters, additional enemies, ect. along with the rest of the community and be playing the game. You and your civil war buddies can keep yourselves isolated in your L4D world. I'll pop in from time to time to play with you guys.

Frankly, CS:S (and DOD:S for that matter) were both great disappointments for me and others as well. Why do you assume nobody bitched about their limited post-release support and product inferiority?

Frankly, CS:S (and DOD:S for that matter) were both great disappointments for me and others as well. Why do you assume nobody bitched about their limited post-release support and product inferiority?

We never said "Nobody complained". We are just butchering Kins argument.

Although, I went from Beta 1 CS and bought CSS and enjoy playing it. This type of argument will happen to EVERY game that does anything near what is happening. You have the elitists vs the "I dun cares".

We never said "Nobody complained". We are just butchering Kins argument.

Although, I went from Beta 1 CS and bought CSS and enjoy playing it. This type of argument will happen to EVERY game that does anything near what is happening. You have the elitists vs the "I dun cares".

Like I said, I was speculating since I wasn't around during that time and I never got into CS or DoD.

Thank you for summing up what is wrong with the L4D community. Your excusing basically says everything that makes the online gaming experience is "Valves fault". All the people that purposly ruin the experience for others have no responsibility for their own actions.

There are douchebags in every community. Nothing you can do about it except FIX THE BUGS. Valve failed to do this in a timely manner, and there are still several exploitable bugs out there. Moving those bugs to a new game won't do anything but move those douchebags to that game to exploit it.

Well hopefully the idiots keep their promise to boycott.

I love how you assume the people who are boycotting are the douchebags. Because seriously, it makes more sense that these are the people that care, not the griefers and ragers.

Oh, I forgot this is the internet: people who don't agree with you are automatically idiots! Need to write that one down somewhere, I keep forgetting.

Let's not forget Valve never made a Counter-Strike 2 or a Day of Defeat 2, just the Source versions of the older games (ports pretty much).

Like I said, I was speculating since I wasn't around during that time and I never got into CS or DoD.

There are douchebags in every community. Nothing you can do about it except FIX THE BUGS. Valve failed to do this in a timely manner, and there are still several exploitable bugs out there. Moving those bugs to a new game won't do anything but move those douchebags to that game to exploit it.

I love how you assume the people who are boycotting are the douchebags. Because seriously, it makes more sense that these are the people that care, not the griefers and ragers.

Oh, I forgot this is the internet: people who don't agree with you are automatically idiots! Need to write that one down somewhere, I keep forgetting.

Boycotting for idiotic reasons make people idiots. And hell, throwing the word "Boycott" is just a joke. It's all a big ruse to try and make it look more important than it really is. It should be renamed "L4D2 Not Wanting To Buy Right Away" because I'm sure everybody knows that a large chunk will buy the game....maybe not right away, but down the line.

It should be renamed "L4D2 Not Wanting To Buy Right Away" because I'm sure everybody knows that a large chunk will buy the game....maybe not right away, but down the line.

No they better not buy the game. By joining the boycott they are making a promise to not buy the game. And we all know how important promises are to these people.

Let's not forget Valve never made a Counter-Strike 2 or a Day of Defeat 2, just the Source versions of the older games (ports pretty much).

Yeah, so does that mean they were selling out? L4D2 even has more features, so this whole thing is just ridiculous.

The boycott is built on the premise that the members will not buy it for a full price game.

AFAIK $20 is fine to everyone in that group.

visitor copying my swag we buying 40 copies taking pictures **** you haters get money **** bitches

Mmm, intelligence on both sides of the arguement.

The boycott is built on the premise that the members will not buy it for a full price game.

AFAIK $20 is fine to everyone in that group.

I do that all the time. But I never never once saw the need to also join a boycott with a middle finger being shot at the company making the said game. The boycott is also built on the premise of broken "promises" and lies, deciet, and conspiracy driven by greed. Its funny to read up on all these boycotters that know what REALLY happened behind closed doors @ Valve. They are also quite fascist in their approach. Anyone who doesn't agree are fanboys, idiots, and are not the REAL L4D fans. It's quite funny.

DID YOU HEAR THE LAST NEWS? TF2 GOT A SDK UPDATE!!!!

WHAT DOES L4D GET? NOTHING! THEY ARE SOOOOOO SELLING OUT, I'M SO BOYCOTTING THEM !

LOL IF YOU SPELL VALVE BACKWARDS AND TAKE OUT THE CONSONANTS YOU GET "EA"!!!

I'm going to laugh my ass off if L4D2 ends up in some kind of Orange Box-esque package with Ep3 or something and ends up only costing approximately $20.

PS quit whining. If $50 is too much then don't buy L4D2, simple as that. Plenty of people will still play L4D although I'm sure more will move on. Frankly I can't personally think of a company that I'd rather give my extra money to than Valve anyway, paying $50 per HL game is a steal given how much enjoyment I've gotten from them, and I won't even get into DOD or CS which I've probably played enough of for it to cost me less than $0.01 an hour by now.

ENNUI Valve has obviously trained you to be a mindless customer. :p LOL. Now I know why boycotters go off on their evil corp theories it's just too easy. So is getting a sequel for $20.

ENNUI Valve has obviously trained you to be a mindless customer. :p LOL. Now I know why boycotters go off on their evil corp theories it's just too easy. So is getting a sequel for $20.

haha, if by trained you mean they make excellent games, possess a very rare and admirable approach/philosophy with regards to game development, and rarely give me a reason to doubt them so I'm an unrepentant and rabid fanboy, you're absolutely right :D

From the looks of it, I'd say the group's growth trend has slowed down considerably.

Oh. I didn't notice that. I was just pointing out the jump of their numbers since when this thread started. Do you think that this boycott thing will die off soon, then?

Oh. I didn't notice that. I was just pointing out the jump of their numbers since when this thread started. Do you think that this boycott thing will die off soon, then?
Yes, very much so. :cheers:
It was just a bunch of announcement rage and people will get over it.

Yes, very much so. :cheers:
It was just a bunch of announcement rage and people will get over it.

This. I'd bet 1/2 of the people *at minimum* who joined that silly group will buy L4D2 when it's released. It's just cheapo-bandwagon talk. A couple who truly thought of good arguments while the rest are just too "It's way too early/it could be an expansion/I like fluffy Teady Bears/etc."

Hey, fluffy teady bears are awesome, pitz. That's it, I'm joining that group because you guys are racist against bears.

"HEY, WE HAVE 34,000 PEOPLE OUT OF THE SOME MILLION THAT ACTUALLY HAVE THE GAME! WE'RE GONNA SHOW VALVE!"

They have a long damn way to go. i don't expect the number will keep rising either. I need to quit thinking about it, cause the more I think about it the more I feel like going around Downtown St. Louis killing hookers with a spoon.

I know its been said before, but why would anyone take this number seriously? Joining that group doesnt require you to have any interest in L4D, they say they all want support for the first game, alot of those members wont even own the first game, they just wanna whine about somthing. They say "INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS" like thats representative of anything, and how many are the same person...

Its as stupid and pointless as those online Petitions that people insist on running everytime somone disagrees with somone else. I could start a petition campaigning against the use of Petitions, and aslong as I was sad enough to link it to enough forums, the irony vote alone would give me 100k in no time!

Its funny because there are 1.8+ million people playing Left 4 Dead and that is excluding Steam players.

30,000 people is just a mere 2%. I don't think they can put a big dent on this one.

Back