Left 4 Dead 2 in London + New Game Mode

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]The next public showing will be at the London Game Show where we will be showing the as of yet unannounced new game mode. Only one clue from Chet...
We can give you one hint, the game is 4 v 4
After contacting Chet, we are able to clarify the event Valve will be present at is the Eurogamer Expo 2009, which will be in London on the 30th-31st October and I will be attending.[br]Valve have also just completed a showing at the Tokyo Game Show where Kim Swift gave an interview. See the full blog post here.

Is that a clown
oh god it's a clown

It would be funny if the 4v4 game-mode puts the new survivors up against the originals in some way. Like they'd have to beat each other's scores etc.

What could the new game play be? Maybe something like a versus-survival mode?

Maybe two teams of SI fight to do the most damage to 4 bot survivors? :p

that video is weird

That screenshot of the clown zombie reeeeally looks like its taken from a trailer or intro movie. Maybe its taken from the intro to Dark Carnival?

Love Kims gurning when the guy was wittering away there. Also with a haircut like that she needs to be wearing a jumpsuit and wearing wraparound sunglasses. Still good to see them doing the rounds.

Could be anything, both original teams of survivors fighting to see who can survive the longest, infected vs. infected, versus survival etc

Cool. Two of my friends are going to this. I'll tell them to look out for it.

I'm most defiantly going! Any idea what day they are going to be there or will it be both days? Plus for £6 you can't go wrong!
As people have said could be 2 teams of Survivors trying to get to a goal or something. Personally I'm waiting for 8 vs 8 ;)
Edit: Read the site, they are there both says so Saturday it is. My mate and myself are planning on going as infected :D

This is what I thought, but it would have to be 2 survivors in each part and they are seperated and meet at the finale!

It better not be Survivors versus Survivors deathmatch. That would be a complete turnoff for me.

It would be funny if the 4v4 game-mode puts the new survivors up against the originals in some way. Like they'd have to beat each other's scores etc.

youve played Left 4 Dead since release have you not.....?

youve played Left 4 Dead since release have you not.....?

I think he means the new guys vs Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis to get the most points?

I reckon it'll be some kind of race to see which team can get to the escape vehicle first?

I think it was mentioned in a previous interview that the new Game-Mode would include infected play. I may be remembering wrong.

Back