Left 4 Dead 2 Now Preloading

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>

[br]You can begin to preload your copy of Left 4 Dead 2 today and be ready to play the game the moment it's released on November 17th.[br]

If you haven't pre order your copy yet, it's not too late to get the 10% discount on the game plus a Team Fortress 2 hat..A HAT, there's no deal better than this.

Thank you for notifying me, Ahmed, but I've had this preloaded since last night. :)

I love you.

I suggest everyone goes and pre-orders if they haven't.

I don't have money for it yet. How long does one have to pre-order?

Wired thing, my computer have trouble running L4D, but the L4D2 demo is just fine...

I don't have money for it yet. How long does one have to pre-order?

Wired thing, my computer have trouble running L4D, but the L4D2 demo is just fine...

I'd assume you have up until the release day to pre-order. That is, you'll have until November 16th to pre-order, then you can play ASAP at 12 AM November 17th Valve time.

I'll need to delete some more room off the HDD. this is gunna sound noob but can I play Steam games from other than the Program Files ---> Steam folder?? I'd love to actually use my external hard drive more with Steam instead of just storing old games because I'm low on space

Holy shit, there's EP3 trailer (it's encrypted) in preload files:

trailer.png

It says trailer dude.. what makes you think its to do with EP3?

Where does it say Episode 3?

OMG THERE R FILE CALLED 'TRAILER.BIK' IN L4D2 MEDIA FOLDER AND IT R ENCRYPTED. CANNOT BE TRAILER FOR L4D2. IT R MUST BE TRAILER FOR EP3!!!1

Way to rile up the whole asylum.

What would be the point of having a L4D2 trailer with L4D2?

It is a trailer for L4D3.

Just getting that bad gag out of the way early.

It is a trailer for L4D3.

Just getting that bad gag out of the way early.

Well a year ago we were just getting L4D so I wouldn't be too surprised if we were getting sold on L4D3...

Something tells me that they won’t be annoucing any Episode 3 information at least until a month after L4D2 release. I say this because I doubt they want to “damage” the sale of L4D2 by getting people excited about their “next” game. Never the less if it were to be the Ep3 trailer I wouldn’t be complaining!

Edit: Here's the map list:

//Dead Center
c1m1_hotel
c1m2_streets
c1m3_mall
c1m4_atrium

//Dark Carnival
c2m1_highway
c2m2_fairgrounds
c2m3_coaster
c2m4_barns
c2m5_concert

//Swamp Fever
c3m1_plankcountry
c3m2_swamp
c3m3_shantytown
c3m4_plantation

//Hard Rain
c4m1_milltown_a
c4m2_sugarmill_a
c4m3_sugarmill_b
c4m4_milltown_b
c4m5_milltown_escape

//Parish
c5m1_waterfront
c5m2_park
c5m3_cemetery
c5m4_quarter
c5m5_bridge

The most interesting thing I can make out of the game files is that Dead Center only has 4 maps, like Swamp Fever and commentary will take place in The Parish.

I still think this is the first valve title I won't be buying in years...:|

I still think this is the first valve title I won't be buying in years...:|

same here, ive bought every other valve game on release, i doubt i'll ever buy this unless they do an insano-sale in like a years time.

Too bad.
Can't wait to preload, probably gonna be done in 5 minutes once I can get back to my desktop on tuesday

people that say "oh i wont be buying it" need to play the damn demo and by the time you get to the jukebox in the cafe and start slicing zombies with awesome music in the background youll forgive VALVe and BUY THE GAME

people that say "oh i wont be buying it" need to play the damn demo and by the time you get to the jukebox in the cafe and start slicing zombies with awesome music in the background youll forgive VALVe and BUY THE GAME
The New Orleans level was a HUGE turnoff. The map was too bright and lively. I loved the first Left 4 Dead because of the atmosphere. The levels were dark and you felt alone (except for your 3 buddies).

That and the fact that I don't have the money for this.

I wasn't buying it until I played the demo. Now I can't wait!

100% as of 20 minutes ago. I'm ready to go!

I'm pretty excited about L4D2, for 2 reasons.

1) L4D2 is out
2) Focused Valve advertising for L4D2 ends, they will move onto...

Well...you work it out.

What if I played the demo, and felt that Valve hasn't done much to address many of the more fundamental problems with L4D? There's a pretty extensive list of changes demonstrated in the L4D2 demo, very few of which have any non-trivial impact on the gameplay.

I'll pass until it goes on sale for ~$20 or so.

Boy did I choose the right time to preload. 1%/4 sec is pwnage.

86269315.jpg

So, now that L4D2 has been released -- along with an unencrypted copy of the oh-so-mysterious trailer.bik file -- I'm sure that everyone but me has watched the EP3 trailer as of now...

WHAT

butt

it was a joke - you fools

Back