Left 4 Dead 2 Trailer Leaked

Jeez, people are going overboard praising this. It wasn't that good. It's basically just a bunch of random cutscenes of zombie hacking and one liners to badass music. I mean, I really liked it, but come on now.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't let you decide factually on how good the trailer was or how much I should enjoy it. NEXT.

Watching again now... so good. Hazmat zombie appearance was ****ing creepy-as.

Great trailer, I might've been tricked into buying this.

Is it me or is there more gore in this? The chainsaw scene in the elevator was pretty hardcore (****, yeah).

Also, what's with people saying "oh, I must upgrade for this, this looks so much better graphically". Aren't the required specs supposed to be more or less the same as L4D's? The trailer looks better, cause it's not actual in-game footage and has been enhanced.

The trailer is very, very good, but L4D1's was awesome too. Better not judge games from trailers.

Awesome trailer, but i'm still not buying into it.
That trailer was all pre-rendered and just like Left4Dead's intro movie it's alot cooler and better looking than the actual game.

The trailer was awesome, really gives a different feel to the original which is a good thing, it defiantly feels like another game now. Sometimes I do wonder with these hi-res. videos if this is what we have to expect from the next Source engine.
For those who have may not seen it there is a advert out as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvBHdeWYdFg&

Well it looks like... (puts on sunglasses) there's been a change of plans.

YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(goes off to pre-order)

PoeticRocker, you have convinced me that L4D3 must take place in Miami.

A cop character that wears sunglasses and drops one liners after every significant kill would be AMAZING.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't let you decide factually on how good the trailer was or how much I should enjoy it. NEXT.

Watching again now... so good. Hazmat zombie appearance was ****ing creepy-as.

Well I can't think I could ever decide how much a person should enjoy it, but for christsake it was L4D2 cutscenes spliced together with rock music.

Two great things that should be made into news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1aQLkA3vD4

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/left-4...a-20091022145839471004/g-20090601111516618063

One of the other ideas we were really excited about was Dark Carnival, the idea of going to an amusement park. It became an issue of ‘what level of detail do we give you to interact with that amusement park?’ So you can turn on some rides, actually ride a ride. You can play some of the games and they’re tied into the achievements. We wanted this really weird world that’s off the main path of Left 4 Dead. It’s the oddest finale we’ve ever done.

(SPOILERS) How so?

There’s going to be a big stadium at the end where a band that used to be famous is going to play. Classic rock guys. You have to set off a finale of a classic rock show. Get up on the stage, do a lot of rocking out to alert the helicopter to rescue you. You’ll set off fireworks, there’s a light show. You can go up to the microphone on the stage and anything your character says is amplified out into the world.

Sweet mother of allah.

99% sure it is, there was mention of Depeche Mode having a song in the game in the same vein as Jonathan Coulton - hang on a sec - here it is.

Yep, I remember that too. Also:

Ellis is non-stop enthusiasm. He’ll be excited about things. Like at the end of Dark Carnival, he’ll be excited that he gets to go on a rock stage, sing along to one of the Midnight Rider songs, while at the same time killing zombies.

So maybe more than one song?

I completely forgot about the SWAT uncommon-common infected. I think it was in that trailer for about a second.

"Kill all sons of bitches" has to be the shittiest line I have ever heard in anything. Ever.

My thoughts exactly. The rest of the trailer was awsome though, i've already pre-ordered :)

i thought nick's "i will not .... come this far .... to die." comment is 10x shittier than ellis's "kill all sons a bitches" line

You guys just do not get zombie movies at all.

Well I can't think I could ever decide how much a person should enjoy it, but for christsake it was L4D2 cutscenes spliced together with rock music.

... and some people, myself included, think those cutscenes are quite good. I don't get your problem here. What is your major malfunction, Samo-- I mean, Sheepo?

Quite good? Nope, I've got no problem with that. I agree.

EDIT:
Note to self: read posts before quoting them... Anyone read what I said before? Never mind, fixed that now...

Two great things that should be made into news:
Now here's a nice example of a gameplay clip delivering well. Must have watched it about 5 times in a row. The only thing that's keeping me from pre-purchasing is that I just want to have a physical copy of the games I own. What good is a game if you can't show off the CD-box to your friends? ;)

Also, am I the only one here who isn't a great fan of the added blood & gore?

Wow, Sheepo's finally been banned?
I can't believe the mods tolerated him for this long.

He was progressively becoming more and more of an unreasonable asshole with every post over the years.

ValvE Cosplay zombies.

Need.

Back